New member saying hello

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

ismellicecream
Throttlebot

New member saying hello

Post by ismellicecream »

Hey guys,

I'm Robbie, 31 from Liverpool, UK.

I was a massive TF fan as a kid, My first TF was Soundwave and I was hooked.

As I grew older they went into storage, until last christmas, when my girlfriend got me masterpiece prime. I got my old ones out of storage at my mums house - most of them have disappeared and only a few boxed and damaged ones remained.

I am now determined to get a complete collection, my first goal is all of the 84 -85 autobots. I'm not worrying too much about condition just yet - as I get more experience collecting I'll start upgrading.

I also have my 3 year old daughter addicted - she can quote the entire 86 movie lol. Much to my girlfriends dismay - but as I remind her, she kickstarted it all again.

I currently work as a game designer, which I love, and apart from that I just have the usual interests. Any questions, fire away.

I dont have a very impressive collection, but as soon as I get a chance, I'll take a pic and upload it.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Welcome,enjoy the boards. :D
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

Welcome to our happy little family ......... :D

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
ismellicecream
Throttlebot

Post by ismellicecream »

Thanks for the welcome guys :D
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to the forums! :)
ismellicecream
Throttlebot

Post by ismellicecream »

Thanks Minerva :D

Can any of you guys tell me where I find out international postage costs for the store? Using the calculator thing requires the weight and the zip code of the store, and putting an item in the basket requires a signup before postage is calculated etc.

Forgive me if I have just asked a really dumb question with an obvious answer that I have overlooked.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Welcome to TFL mate :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

Post by Piranacon »

not real sure on how to figure up postage you could always pm trance he is the cool cat that runs the store. and welcome aboard hope ya stick around. if you do buy form the store here you will not be disappointed. some of the cleanest TFs i have came form this store.

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Welcome aboard, please enjoy your time here. The people here are the greatest in the world.
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Welcome to the boards Robbie. You should consider picking up the intermittent Decepticon toys, so your Autobots have someone to beat up on.
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

Post by ghostinthemachine »

welcome aboard TFL enjoy your stay
ismellicecream
Throttlebot

Post by ismellicecream »

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Thanks Piranacon, I'll do that.

Rattrap - I have megatron, soundwave, thundercracker and kickback - I'm looking out for decepticons too.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Welcome! I don't blame you for going for the autobots first, I really love the 'bots from '84-'85, but there's only a few con toys I really enjoy (Triplechangers, Shockwave, the regular insecticons, Soundwave, And particularly the cassettes, though their alt modes are... well... cassettes.) The bots got tons of awesome cars, Jetfire, blaster, Perceptor, the Deluxe Auotobots (even they're kind of the odd duck of the lot), and even some really cool minibots!

Rattrap's right, you should have some cons for target practice. I find that an endless swarm of recolored seekers does the trick. Plus we can make fun of Megatron's shelf-crotch!
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

Post by ghostinthemachine »

Rattrap's right, you should have some cons for target practice. I find that an endless swarm of recolored seekers does the trick. Plus we can make fun of Megatron's shelf-crotch![/quote]

that was just wrong
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Shame on you TT!! You shouldn't be looking down there!!
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

hey ismellicecream you'll enjoy your time here and welcome to TFL
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Welcome to the forums! Good luck on the collecting. Must of us have been there. Here's what I wish I would've done from the start: spend the extra cash on a complete guy at least. You'll put yourself in the poorhouse trying to buy, say, Dinobot or Seeker parts individually. Just ask Razorclaw. :lol:

Do you work for a large game company? I could be wrong, but Deszaras is game designer, as well.
ismellicecream
Throttlebot

Post by ismellicecream »

Hey everyone. cheers for the warm welcome -- and the new vision of megatrons crotch.

Ramjet - I have a few complete g1's, some boxed, including, I forgot to mention earlier, Skorponok - How could I forget him lol.

I work for Sony studio liverpool. I'll have to look up Deszaras, see who he works for, could even be the guy in the office next to me. :lol:
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

Welcome to the board :) !
I also appreciates a lot old G1 toys.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Welcome aboard!
R.I.P. Menasor