Reflector

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

itsprimetime
Targetmaster

Reflector

Post by itsprimetime »

I've been looking at acquiring a g1 reflector and am not sure if there are 2 versions. I've seen a mail away version (not sold in stores) but haven't seen a different version. Does anyone know if there are two versions. Additionally, if any1 has a reflector, would you mind telling me what you paid for it? I am seeing huge variations in price from $100-$325.

Chris
Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost...
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

There are 2 or 3 versions, depending on how you look at it.

One is the original mail-away Reflector (as well as the Japanese Reflector, which is essentially the same).

Another is a knock-off variant, which is essentially the same, but it has a MICROX sticker above the lens. Surprisingly, this KO is still quite valuable.

The third one is the version off of which Reflector was based, from a pre-Transformer line called Microchange (http://www.microforever.com/MC05Microx.htm). This one also has the MICROX sticker, but also has TAKARA stampings, which the KO does not.

Hope this helps!
itsprimetime
Targetmaster

Post by itsprimetime »

thanks for your help trance!!
Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost...
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Hey Itsprimetime! You want to be careful b/c there is some very good KO version of the G1 Reflector. I have one good KO one and one real deal. The fake is as good as the real in just about everyway. Except for the fake viewfinder window does not have the magifyer window. If you don't mind buying a good and solid KO, and can find it cheaper than the real deal, it's worth it.
But really check ou the seller, via feedback ratings and look very closely at the pictures and listing info. Some sellers will try and pass off the KO as the real deal and jack up the price!

THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The new fake Reflector is really spooky. Please check this early thread (which our Lance started too!).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I think you forgot the link, there, Jose.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl