How does he get them??

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

itsprimetime
Targetmaster

How does he get them??

Post by itsprimetime »

Does anybody know how Trance gets all these g1's?? I never really stopped to think about it until now. I would imagine he probably gets a lot off feebay and those looking to trade, but I'm sure there are other ways. Anybody know how?
Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost...
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I imagine that having set up one of the two (and arguably the best) complete G1 identification archives helps draw in product.

I also imagine he uses 'more traditional' methods of acquiring product as well (i.e craigslist, nickel want ads, etc.)

Trance doesn't strike me as the type that went the Wheeljackslab route... (pretty sure WJL had/has a ginormous stockpile of G1 that he's been quite presciently hording since roughly 1990 or so)
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

They buy collections. Then, sort through all the crap, ID and authenticate it, make sure everything's working and complete so they can list it. It's gotta be a lot of work, and take up a lot of room and time. I bought a huge GI Joe collection once. Took 3 days to sort through everything, and they were all over my living room.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

A fellow TFL member pointed out to me that this thread needed work. I have split part of the thread off, because as this member had pointed out, it had become quite far off topic, and had turned into a badmouthing session. It was a sort of thing that makes us look bad, and I am personally sorry for helping to propagate it without giving it second thought. The thread remains unlocked for further discussion of the topic at hand.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Drat. I missed all the fireworks during my hiatus :(. Did the other part you speak of get moved, or redacted entirely?
itsprimetime
Targetmaster

Post by itsprimetime »

I haven't been on the boards in a bit and I just checked to see what was goin on in this and all I can say is that badmouthing people was clearly not my intentions and for those that did, shame on you. It was a simple question and Time Traveler thank you for patrolling the boards and getting rid of the filth.
Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost...
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Dangit. People got badmouthed? I wonder if what actually happened went something like how it would go in my head... (i.e. Autobot Seller X is a **** because he buys lots, then jacks the price up waaay too much. Decepticon Seller Y is a **** because he rips people off on craigslist/ebay to purchase items, lies through omission about the condition, then jacks the price up waaay too much. And someone griping about sniping. Sadly, names have been changed to protect the (not so) innocent, but I know of a few that are guilty of being Seller Y. And Autobot X is fine by me, that's called capitalism.)
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

I missed it all as well, which is probably a good thing considering I've come to like this site over others because I don't see alot of badmouthing and flaming.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Nah, from what I remember it was just one seller that a few people had shipping problems with. It wasn't a rip-roarin' flame-fest or nuttin'. Better to let it go, now.