G1 Constructicon Hook / Insecticon Kickback Repairs

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

oRuin
Noob

G1 Constructicon Hook / Insecticon Kickback Repairs

Post by oRuin »

Hello, just signed up to the forums, been reading them for a while though!

I was wondering if anyone had a spare chrome hook for sale from the Constructicon Hook G1.

I bought a great set of Constructicons a few days ago, but sadly his hook is snapped, so I just have a small chrome piece hanging. I do have paypal and I live in the UK.

Also looking for a yellow chest piece for Insecticons 'Kickback' If anyone has any info on if this part can be replaced/repaired then please email me - [email protected]

Thanks alot
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Welcome to TFL. Feel free to repost in the member want list.

Member Want List

I'm sure somebody could find you what you are looking for. Also check the TFL store, maybe you could buy a junker and salvage what you need?
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I've got the chest piece for kickback, I'll check for the hook but I don't think I have a whole one. It would be a rare junker where that hook was still undamaged.

As for changing the chest piece I've opened several and there are issues with it. Usually there is a screw to separate the chest halves under the middle of that yellow door hinge. Trying to unscrew that screw usually grinds away at the inside of the door. Alternatively you can take a pair of needlenose pliers and very squeeze the edges of the door as close to the hinge as possible. But that can easily leave marks on the side.

Normally I use the pliers, its much faster and even when it leaves marks they're usually not bad.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to TFL, oRuin! :)
oRuin
Noob

Post by oRuin »

Thanks for the welcome!

LD2062, ive sent ya a pm.

Thanks all
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

It seems squeezing the chest door is the only way to remove it. The door is in the way of the screw. But the door is not one of the pieces that are removable when the chest halves are separated.
oRuin
Noob

Post by oRuin »

Im still currently looking for a chrome hook from G1 hook, or atleast a junker G1/G2 Hook with the chrome hook still attached.

Please get in touch if you can help me out so I can finish this set!

thanks
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Please use the "Member Want Lists"-thread for your Transformers needs.
http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=1887

Thank you and good luck. :)