Voltron Help

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Voltron Help

Post by LD2062 »

I seem to have accumulated a fair bit of Voltron stuff and I'm looking to part with it. But I don't even know what all of it is, let alone what its worth. Any links to a site with a good database like TFL's would be ideal. I want to make sure none of the unknown missiles or weapons I have go to any of them.

This is my favorite of the lot. Separating lions, cockpits, and full size figures, I don't think the sword and shield are original to this one though. 84 world events productions

This one doesn't separate but its motorized with lights and sounds. '98 WEP china

I'm wondering if I should buy a new black lion for this one or just part it out. also '98 WEP china

These are metal, no stamp though

I know these are from the castle

This alien guy came in the cockpit, but I haven't seen him shown among the robeasts. hes 87 tyco

I've seen this set of the 5 lions go for $50 but I don't know if thats a good price. wep macao

I know these are from one of the vehicle ones, but thats it. DOn't even know what number or whatever each is. japan 82 is the only part of the stamp that uses english letters.
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

I had this one as a kid
the sword and sheild looks right to my memory.
you need some helmets....

I had that castle too... I still have one of those computer consoles somewhere...
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The first one is the Panosh Palace plastic voltron. The lions were supposed to come with a number of individual weapons, but I can't tell you how many. There currently (to my knowledge) IS no real comprehensive archive, though I'd love to make one... I'll need more voltrons!

The next, is the remote control Voltron by Trendmasters in the late '90s. Guessing you're missing the controller?

The next is another '90s Trendmaster, a remake of the original Matchbox style combiner. Of course, this one has spots for all 5 mini-pilots.

The last two Die-cast lions are either the 1984 Matchbox deluxe lion voltron, or members of the Godaikin Golion set (unlikely), or unlicensed knockoffs. These did not have a copy stamp, rather they have a silver foil sticker that identified which of the three suggestions they are.

Yep, castle parts. I have a castle, but i'm missing some stuff for it. I'm honestly not positive how many or which accessories it came with.

The parts bot here is another Panosh Palace voltron. The tyco guy isn't Voltron at all, as Tyco was never involved. Not sure who he is. The major licensed manufacturers were: Bandai, and licensed copies via Matchbox, early 80's. Panosh Palace: specializing in the action-figure based toys, like the castle, characters, and the pilotable lions, through the remainder of the original 80's series. Lastly, Trendmasters revived the series in about '97, issued some remakes of original toys, some new action figures, and a few really weird designs. I remember seeing them in KB Toys as a kid.

The yellow lions are from an 80's pull-back Voltron. I think it was sold by Matchbox. I have packaging from the Black Lion of this set somewhere, I should check sometime.

Last pic is indeed from the original (Matchbox release) Vehicle Voltron. the large vehicle and the black one are members of Land Warrior, and the white sub is from Sea Warrior. I'm not sure which # is which. The green lion head is from the '84 Matchbox deluxe Voltron, which is a very nice piece... Mostly diecast and chrome.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I don't know about a remote on the electronic one. But it has a button on the back to make it move.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

The alien guy is a Rulon figure from DinoRiders.
I believe his name is Sting, from the "Ankylosaurus with Sting"-set. I'm not entirely sure though, since those figures came in all kinds of color variations and were sold both separately and with Dinosaurs.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

dinoriders, cool. He's the only toy from them I have, aside from a few guns.
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

that green lion head is the hardest to get piece if you're putting a Deluxe Diecast Voltron together.
My heart is die-cast.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

LD2062 wrote:dinoriders, cool. He's the only toy from them I have, aside from a few guns.
OK! I guess you've got to start somewhere. ;)
audionmotionink
Alternator

Post by audionmotionink »

i remember getting a diecast voltron set when i was 5-6 or christmas... between 84-85. my wife has been wondering when i was going to add a voltron to my collection!
i ordered the season 1 dvd set a week or so ago......can't wait to get it.
i'm always looking for optimus prime, nemesis prime, ultra magnus, bumblebee, megatron, starscream (allversions EXCEPT BW,BM,TM)