Hypothetical Question

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

cjwang2
Decoy

Hypothetical Question

Post by cjwang2 »

If you had all the 1984 and most of the 1985 G1 Transformers, MIB, and was thinking to sell your collection, how would you do it? Would you sell it piece by piece or sell individually? Would you sell on Ebay or sell somewhere else? How much do you think something like this would go for? I am thinking of selling, but not too sure...
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

This might just be me... But, I would contact Trance, the Site owner and ask him. He buys entire collections. I have begun to sell off parts of my collection via ebay and I am beginning to wonder (now that I am done ridding my collection of the figures I don't want) whether I made a mistake by not seeing Trance first.

Either way, good luck.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Make a for sale list here: http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4366 as some of us might need what you have for sale and be willing to offer you what you need for a particular item. I have all of the 84's and 85's but need boxes for a lot of them. If you want to sell them off as a collection I'm sure Trance would gladly take them off your hands. Ebay and Paypal fees will eat you up and you have to allow for that with markup on your prices, but it's a competitive market on there so good luck. :) Personally....I'd piece mine out and list them on forums first. If you have patience and aren't in a bind for cash.
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

my 2cents, tried ebay for my whole collection a #of years ago. bids got up to 8 or 9k, was hoping for higher so no sale. turns out we where at the beginning of some sort of finicial problem(who knew). So the market wasnt the best for selling. I did sell piece by piece a large portion of my collection, but again...market not so hot, made some money and lost some on other items. I say give 1st dibbs to tfl members on this site, where a lot of members are very fair with their offers and you know your collection will go to collectors who really appreciate it (I mean what person above the age of 7months wouldn't appreciate tf figures and more, but thats besides the point). Anything you dont sell here you can always ebay or other auction site, possible self hosted store some where. ebay and paypal have gotten a lil expensive for my taste these days with fees upon fees on top of some more fees. My 2cents anyway.