wow been a while, thinking of selling some comix

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Lennyluck

wow been a while, thinking of selling some comix

Post by Lennyluck »

Hey tf followers,
its been some time since i've been on here, but i'm thinking of selling some comics and i'm just a little unsure of the values. Two so far I'm going to part with. Any one have an idea of what their worth.

transformers #4 and #8 both cgc graded 9.6 white pages.

Thanks in advance

Lenny
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

$60-$70 each doesn't sound too unreasonable. I'm looking at others right now up for sale at similar prices.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

It's certainly been a while, Lennyluck! How are things?
When selling TF comics on TFL, please use the sale/trade list:
http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4366
Good luck!
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

Hey sorry for the late..later reply my time is so null these days. Thanks for the info Roadbuster, more than I thought they're worth so really happy for the info. I think I listed them on ebay today but lets see how the scheduled time works out.

wow Minerva... ages indeed. I'm here there and every where these days. how are things on your end. I dont know if a congratulations is in order, I know some people got married lol. will do on the link if selling on tfl.

Thanks again folks
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Hey there!
Things are good on my end, thanks for asking. :)
Sounds like you're quite busy, but I do hope you'll get some time off to enjoy the summer.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Not that i would know the values of your comics in any case, but you might want to specify whether you're referring to G1 Marvel US, G1 Marvel UK, Dreamwave G1 ongoing, IDW ongoing, etc. (Since you just said "Transformers", i assume you're talking about G1 comics, and not Armada or any of those other Transformers alternate universes?)

Which series the comics come from is going to make a HUGE difference in how much they'll sell for--not to mention who's even going to be interested in buying.

[EDIT]
i also don't know much about any Transformers comics getting reprinted, except i bet reprints don't fetch the same price as originals!
[/EDIT]

What does "cgc graded 9.6 white pages" mean? "Well, it was originally a 19-page coloring book, and I never colored in it, but it got torn in two and I only have half of it left." ;-)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

transit wrote:Not that i would know the values of your comics in any case, but you might want to specify whether you're referring to G1 Marvel US, G1 Marvel UK, Dreamwave G1 ongoing, IDW ongoing, etc. (Since you just said "Transformers", i assume you're talking about G1 comics, and not Armada or any of those other Transformers alternate universes?)

Which series the comics come from is going to make a HUGE difference in how much they'll sell for--not to mention who's even going to be interested in buying.
I was assuming he meant Marvel G1 US run. I've bought from him on occasion and I know he deals with these. :wink:
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

transit wrote:Not that i would know the values of your comics in any case, but you might want to specify whether you're referring to G1 Marvel US, G1 Marvel UK, Dreamwave G1 ongoing, IDW ongoing, etc. (Since you just said "Transformers", i assume you're talking about G1 comics, and not Armada or any of those other Transformers alternate universes?)

[EDIT]
i also don't know much about any Transformers comics getting reprinted, except i bet reprints don't fetch the same price as originals!
[/EDIT]

What does "cgc graded 9.6 white pages" mean? "Well, it was originally a 19-page coloring book, and I never colored in it, but it got torn in two and I only have half of it left." ;-)
Your right, but I do have further information including item details when I post an item on an auction site and give the item#'s for members to look up along with photos etc. Yes generation 1 is correct, I carry a few different lines in the tf comics along with other marvel, d.c and a bit more. CGC comics are books professionally graded and certified up to gem mint condition and encased inside a clear acrylic case; stating the comics condition, issue, date released and down to the color of the interior pages. (white pages, off white, cream and so forth). As for reprints, cgc would state 2nd print etc on the issues they grade but if not I would state it...

oh and

ROADBUSTEEERRRR..........WHATS GOOD.....;)