All Hail Megatron!

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

DecepticonSpike
Decoy

All Hail Megatron!

Post by DecepticonSpike »

Now that I've got your attention, I'm DecepticonSpike aka Devin. Some of you might know me from one of the other TF boards, while others may be thinking "who the heck is this guy?" Either way, it's a pleasure to meet you all.

I've been a Tf collector and fan since 1984, and I still have my first two TFs (Bumblebee and Wheeljack). I prefer the Decepticons, but then, I've always liked the bad guys.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Welcome to the forum fellow Ohioan. I'll try not to park my rocket base on top of you. I always hate how fleshlings squish. Hard to wash out, too!

Glad to have you on board.
DecepticonSpike
Decoy

Thanks for the welcome! May I ask where in Ohio you're at?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

DecepticonSpike wrote:Thanks for the welcome!
You're welcome. :)

Yeah, I'm in Dayton. You?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Welcome aboard, Decepticon Spike! And yeah, I recognize the name from some of the other forums that shall not be mentioned here. :P
DecepticonSpike
Decoy

Countdown wrote:
DecepticonSpike wrote:Thanks for the welcome!
You're welcome. :)

Yeah, I'm in Dayton. You?
I'm just north of Dayton, in Lewisburg.
DecepticonSpike
Decoy

Roadbuster wrote:Welcome aboard, Decepticon Spike! And yeah, I recognize the name from some of the other forums that shall not be mentioned here. :P
Your SN is familiar too.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Ohio, Ohio! (Isn't the Japanese word for "hello" pronounced "ohio"?) Welcome to TransFormerLand, DecepticonSpike.

i think it's interesting that your first two TF toys were the first two TF characters shown in the original cartoon. Coincidence?

Another "coincidence", your thread has the same title as a graphic novel from IDW. You a fan of the comics? (i like to read the comics, but don't get to very often, and it gets worse when i try to avoid spoilers and read them in order. i hear that "All Hail Megatron" is unpopular, but i haven't read it yet myself.)

So, how 'bout them comics? cartoons? movies? toys? Which is most important to you as a TransFan? (That is, do you collect the toys and ignore the shows and stuff, or browse the toy stores but only buy DVDs, or do you love it all, or what?)
Roadbuster wrote:Welcome aboard, Decepticon Spike! And yeah, I recognize the name from some of the other forums that shall not be mentioned here. :P
Okay, now you've gone and piqued my curiosity. Why should any gathering place for TransFans be verboten anywhere?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Me thinks he was just being silly. Because where else in this big wide web can you find such an awesome place?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

transit wrote:
Okay, now you've gone and piqued my curiosity. Why should any gathering place for TransFans be verboten anywhere?
Because some are just atrocious and the general discussion that takes place there has absolutely nothing to do with transformers so therefore it would be a waste of time to mention or reference them here. Not naming any names....

When you don't even make an attempt to stay relevant in a fandom that has exploded like Transfomers has....and you center a forum around the members personal lives it kind of takes away from its overall relevance.

Oh.....and that thread you embedded. Those are forums I've "registered" on. Not forums I'm an "active" member on. I'll give anybody a shot but it takes a quality atmosphere to keep me engaged.

I'm going to end this by saying I love TFL! The community here is very friendly, helpful and very informative. This was my very 1st forum I ever registered on and had it not been for the Transformerland store I probably wouldn't have given forums of any nature a second glance. Met some lifelong friends here and even an eventual in-law, amazingly enough. Wouldn't change a thing! :wink:
DecepticonSpike
Decoy

transit wrote:Ohio, Ohio! (Isn't the Japanese word for "hello" pronounced "ohio"?) Welcome to TransFormerLand, DecepticonSpike.

i think it's interesting that your first two TF toys were the first two TF characters shown in the original cartoon. Coincidence?

Another "coincidence", your thread has the same title as a graphic novel from IDW. You a fan of the comics? (i like to read the comics, but don't get to very often, and it gets worse when i try to avoid spoilers and read them in order. i hear that "All Hail Megatron" is unpopular, but i haven't read it yet myself.)

So, how 'bout them comics? cartoons? movies? toys? Which is most important to you as a TransFan? (That is, do you collect the toys and ignore the shows and stuff, or browse the toy stores but only buy DVDs, or do you love it all, or what?)
I got Wheeljack and Bumblebee for my birthday, about a month before i saw the cartoon. Maybe my parents knew what was going to happen? lol As for what part of being a Transfan I like the most, I'd have to say that, for me, it pretty equal between the stories and the toys. Especially now that i hav emy nephew into TF, we can play with certain ones (he knows he's not allowed to play with any G1) and make up our own stories.
As for the current comics, I loved everything before "All Hail Megatron" AHM was ok, but you can tell Furman was no where near it. I will admit i read the IDW Ongoing only because its new G1 stories, at least until Marvel TF #81 comes out.
starscreamgira
Minispy

hello all

Post by starscreamgira »

Good to see other ohians here.starscream is my fav. Rip chris latta...my first tf's were megatron and soundwave
DecepticonSpike
Decoy

Where in Ohio are you from?
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

I live in streetsboro, near kent ohio...I remember how bummed I was when eventually that screw that held megatrons gun barrel fell out.seems like a common problem....lol :lol:
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Not sure if this is the right place to say this, but... Welcome to you, too, starscreamgira! and if you don't mind me asking, why did you name yourself after Starscream but use a picture of Rumble* as your avatar? and what does "gira" mean?

*(Yes, it IS Rumble! Even if Rumble is supposed to be red and Frenzy is supposed to be blue, that blue is reserved for cartoon Rumble! And don't get me started on that Japanese RIBFIR/FIBRIR business!)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

The pic of rumble is the only avatar that was available when I set up my account.new to forums in general....lol also gira stands for a last name of a musician I admire, also is my ebay name.....if I get more of an understanding of the avatar thing....I would change to starscream for sure. Thanx starscreamgira.
How do you feel mighty megatron??
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I've got some really cool Starscream avatars (gifs as well). I can send you some links if you want? Setting up your avatar isn't too hard....you'll need to find an image you like, right-click and save to your pc, then go into your profile and click the "browse" button and upload it from your recently saved documents. Or.......you can upload your image onto a photo hosting website like Photobucket and copy/paste the direct link where it says "upload avatar from a URL." :wink:

Also you got me curious which musician "gira" stands for? I'm in a bit of a somber mood this evening as my FAVORITE musician and the best heavy metal guitarist of all time (imo), Dimebag Darrell (PanterA, Damage Plan) was murdered while performing on stage this very night 7 years ago while playing at the Alrosa Villa in Colombus, OH. RIP. \m/ :(
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

I remember it well. My nephew was at that show when it happened, he was in the bathroom when he heard the shots,and his friends grabbed him and they ran out.very influential guitarist...it is for micheal gira of the swans...for the gira......
How do you feel mighty megatron??