Hello

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Dsmonty
Decoy

Hello

Post by Dsmonty »

Im old (40), just recently got Internet and stumbled on this Awesome
site and had to sign up and say this brings back a lot of memories. I saw several nice collections here. I had all but forgot about transformers,I've been collecting Kiss stuff off & on. I used to watch the show all the time.I didn't buy many figures but I would save up and buy the ones I liked. I still have them boxed up in my mothers attic since 1985 or so and for the life of me I can't think of what they are other than optimus prime. Ive rambled enough I just want to say thanks for this site, its made me want to go my moms and dig it out!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Welcome aboard, Dsmonty! And 40 isn't old it's the new 20....or so I've been told. :wink: Keep us updated on the attic haul and be sure to post pics! 8)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Hola! Welcome to the forums. There's always room for one more!!

If you do dig it out, pictures are in order! ;)
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

welcome to TFL! And it's good to know I'm almost 20 again!!!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Galvatron wrote: And it's good to know I'm almost 20 again!!!
You too? :lol: I'm just waiting on my youth serum to arrive in the mail so I can feel it and look it again. :P
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

youth serum?
oops. I accidentally sent you some "truth" serum. Better stay away from the wife for a few days
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Welcome to TFL, Dsmonty!
Dsmonty
Decoy

Post by Dsmonty »

Thanks for the welcome Guys, yea I got thinking after I said I was old, that you guys probably are too :D Been super busy as usual but I was able to look for my toys. I found several interesting things in there. Box after box of stuff that has been there forever, and finally after going through almost everything. I found them. I did take some pictures and then joy turned to sadness as I said to my self .. This wasn't all of them. I went back in the attic.. no luck. Still some more stuff to go through in there for another time.
I can't figure this url thing out to get a picture up. I read the code and do not understand it . Can one of you old guys help me? :D
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Galvatron wrote:welcome to TFL! And it's good to know I'm almost 20 again!!!
Al the next time you see twenty it will be onthe feront door of a house.

Welcome Dsmonty, I hope you stay here and enjoy yourtime with us a tfl.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Galvatron wrote:youth serum?
oops. I accidentally sent you some "truth" serum. Better stay away from the wife for a few days
*facepalms* that was supposed to be sent TO my wife, Galvy! looks like you screwed our order up.....once again. :lol:
Dsmonty wrote: I can't figure this url thing out to get a picture up. I read the code and do not understand it . Can one of you old guys help me? :D
You're going to need to registered at an online image hosting site such as www.photobucket.com (it's free and easy to use). Once you've done that, just download the pics from your pc into your photobucket album. Then copy/paste the "IMG Code" from your pic into a post here. Easy as pie. :wink: Good luck and hope to see some pics soon.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Commander Megatron wrote:
Galvatron wrote:welcome to TFL! And it's good to know I'm almost 20 again!!!
Al the next time you see twenty it will be onthe feront door of a house.

Welcome Dsmonty, I hope you stay here and enjoy yourtime with us a tfl.
i never see the front door of a house. I am usually going out the back door... GIGGITY!!
Dsmonty
Decoy

Post by Dsmonty »

Thanks roadbuster It seemed to have cut off the right side, but if you open
image in a new window it shows it all. price tags and dust included.
I need to find that other box at some point, I think now I had megatron, soundwave and another Dino. Ill try to get more later- and later yet open em up and see whats what.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Dsmonty wrote:Image

Thanks roadbuster It seemed to have cut off the right side, but if you open
image in a new window it shows it all. price tags and dust included.
I need to find that other box at some point, I think now I had megatron, soundwave and another Dino. Ill try to get more later- and later yet open em up and see whats what.
:shock: ImageWow! That's a really, really nice attic haul right there! Thanks for showing us this! Every one still in its original box, too. Perfect shape....looks to have been rarely played with and stored away shortly afterwards. I hope you find that other box, too! :lol:

Oh, and as far as images on this site, all you have to do is click the image and it expands to it's full size. No need to open one in another window. :wink:
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Wow nice stuff and it's all your oiriginals! I wish i kept the boxes for my originals, oh well. I bought em back anyways.

Whats the price tag say on Hound? just curious :)
PETER IS GOD!Image
Dsmonty
Decoy

Post by Dsmonty »

Yeah Roadbuster only transformed a few times, I still havent taken them out locating them. I left them at my moms. Its safer there for them until I get my shelfs up in my Kiss room. Looking at the picture Skywarp It was originally $11.99 and I cant make out the red sticker special price, I'll check next time I visit him. some more pics.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Is that too many pics at one time? I noticed prime's decal peeling, which reminds me how I hate putting them on - no patience, so when I get them out you will probably see some that are not too straight.
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

Don't worry about finding the rest in your moms attic, I'll come find the rest. :D Wish I could find several boxed tfs in my attic. Those are awesome, thanks for the pics.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Very nice, Dsmonty! I hope you find the rest of your Transformers as well!
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Ooh the chrome-y goodness on that Swoop! Very nice! :)
figuremod73
Decoy

Post by figuremod73 »

Those are fantastic, man. Thats what I wished I had done with my childhood toys. Of course, I constantly played with them so they were a little worn by the late eighties. Thanks for sharing and hope you come across the rest of them.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Welcome, Dsmonty! Nice collection, in very good condition--and that's not even all of them?! [envy]

As for the age thing, i'll ask again: Do 4 million years count if they were spent in stasis lock waiting for Teletraan-1 to wake up and start repairing everyone?

;-)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)