A Refugee of Forums Gone

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

What should i adopt for my fifth mode?

F-14 fighter jet
50%
huge laser gun (like shockwave)
No votes
mobile laser artillery unit
50%

Total votes: 4

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

A Refugee of Forums Gone

Post by Time Traveller »

Hi...i've been addicted since 1989 at the age of three. i'm not trying to quit...i've been rather successful at staying addicted! i have accumulated a very large collection of G1s, not sure how many. i have a near complete G2 set, and everythign thereafter.
I am an autobot triplechanger, who can change into a black lamborghini countach LP5000, and a red pontiac fiero GT 8) . i am not related to sideswipe and sunstreaker. there are no other autobots or decepticons for hundreds of miles here in northern WI. and the snow and salt is terrible on my paint. i am trying to adapt an M1-A1 abrams tank mode due to this, and i would effectively become the first quadruple-changer. that doesn't have a good ring to it, i'd need to find two more modes to be a sixchanger. after my tank, what mode should i take on?

i'm glad to join the crew here, it's always good to see a dedicated crew from all around.

Galvatron, the chrome on the kneecaps of your toy wore off to easy!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Though we have "talked" before, good to know something more about you. I never thought that there were youngsters like you liking Transformers! I always associated them to people of my age (25) and older, and maybe somthing less, at the most 5 years younger. But anyway, who cares as you like them.

By the way, at your poll I suggested the Jet mode. I personally would love to have a couple of wings on my back like the early seekers and you can still have a big cannon on your arm like Megatron (which looks very cool). Shockwave is a total bada**, but Megs is the best. Take my advice.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

your advice is the only advice i've gotten so far. i saw some fanfic art (very detailed, looked almost like blueprints) for a megatron that combined with a seeker jet, among other interesting designs. i'll scan them in sometime and post them.as for your vote being the only one, we need to get more members hooked. it's almost odd that our boards have few enough active postwriters that we dont' need mods.

oh, and i was 9 when i attended botcon in 96 (it was the month before my b-day)... and i already knew more about tfs than a LOT of the guys there. i also probably spent more (i'd been saving my allowance forever). i got a complete g1 megs, a partsless scorponok, and a lot of other stuff. i do suspect that my dad, who was carrying my money for me, informed me that i had about $50 dollars more than i had...i love my dad. ;)
besides, who else will run the profession once you guys can't? little kids these days are apathetic to the world, kids older than me grew up in the empty years of transformers, and i don't know anyone my age that is a dedicated collector, so i guess....ME!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I think the things still doesn't stir up here. But that's a problem which is in our hands.

As for your age, it was just an odd fact I mentioned. There are starters much older than me even who don't know anything (and they are the main victims from scammers). In fact, I'm glad to know that there are young people who appreciate Transformers, for different reasons, but they lke them at the end, which is the common bond here.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

You know, Double-T, i kept trying to figure you out--an Autobot, even if also a Time Traveller, only age three in 1989? But i think i finally get it.

There are two of you, aren't there?

You're a Human born in 1989 who was at some point binary bonded to an Autobot triple changer, one working on becoming a quadruple changer--a Transfourmer, if you will. Although, you've already got plans to add another alt-mode, and i'm not sure what a five-mode Transformer would be called.

So anyway, what are you two? Headmasters? Targetmasters? Powermasters?

i know--you're Targetmasters. Your Human component's exosuit converts into a laser gun that looks like Shockwave, and you're trying to effect a sort of Junkion-style role-reversal--although, given the size difference, you'd either need to access some subspace to accommodate the size-changing, or you'd have to settle for a gunman/gun mode and a gunner/huge-laser-gun-acting-as-mobile-laser-artillery-unit mode.

Might i recommend, however, that a flight-capable mode might improve your versatility enough to warrant making the F-14 a priority--even over your intended tank mode. Think of your Tech Specs. The tank might up your firepower and endurance, and maybe your strength, but it might also cost you some speed. The F-14 would likewise add to your firepower, as well as your speed, and probably your skill. As for your other potential transformations, the huge laser gun and mobile laser artillery unit would really only help your firepower. Go with the jet, T2. That's my vote.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

no nebulans. blech. no, there's only one of me. it's all a coverup, really. i'm not saying what covers what, but it's all true. as for modes, consider blitzwing. if you've ever played star wars galactic battlegrounds, the artillery doesn't seem like too bad a choice.p but yeah, gotta get the wings. but forever shall TT's identi-T shall remain unfigured out by STARS commandos.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Well, the jet is an overrated option. If anything an artilery unit will be more effective and more versatile when you get into sticky situations.

As for Northern Wisconsin, I've been there. It is as horrible as you say, the rain and snow destroy everything and the humidity in the summer is ungodly. It is a wonder you can life in that climate and still be fully functional. I commend your ability Time Traveler.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i typed this up in a word processor--who knows how many astroseconds ago--planning to post it here, which, clearly, i never got around to doing before. So here it is:

Who said anything about Nebulans? i said i thought you had a Human component, like Fort Max/Cerebros/Spike and Arcee/Daniel. But what've you got against Nebulans, anyhow? As far as i know, now that they've gotten over their mechanophobic prejudices, Nebulans are just like Humans, except for the color of their skin. And sometimes there isn't even that much difference--for example, Hi-Q, who binary bonded with Optimus Prime as a Powermaster engine component, had the flesh tone of a "white" Human. (Those "two"--Optimus Prime and Hi-Q--also give me an interesting idea about there only being "one" of you, but a coverup's a coverup, right?)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Covers cover coverups, but blanketws blank out bad things.

As for his prejudices on Nebulans... he's transcist. So it may explain a bit.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Even if he is Transistor, don't the organic partners of a Headmaster/Targetmaster/Powermaster relationship count as Transformers?

C'mon, TT, don't leave us hanging. What's your deal? And you haven't told us how your self-improvement project is going, either. How many modes are you up to?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i'm up to four now. i really haven't prejudices against nebulans, although it's aggarvating the effect they have on MIB hot rods when present. my identity? you've overlooked the obvious: a pretender, whose inner component uses the same mass- displacement technology as cassettes like ravage, to fit in a normal human-size shell; and, like ravage and the cassettes, this takes massive amounts of energy. why else can i eat and never put on weight? therefore, there are not two of me, because the remote control shell could have been constructed way later, in 1986. the fact that pretenders feel mentally the physical damage of their shells is why i can appear to react like a human. the reconstructive microcircuitry and microservos is how i can adopt new modes, and the constant need for upgrades keeps me in here most of the time.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

This is the point where I shake my head and refer to the topic based on quotes.

So true....

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe