TF economy, general practices, pricing, etc

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Banzaitron
Noob

TF economy, general practices, pricing, etc

Post by Banzaitron »

Before I get to working on my lists, are there generally accepted policies for buying and selling?

What is the pricing standard used? Notice few if any prices . in the BST ads?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: TF economy, general practices, pricing, etc

Post by Time Traveller »

To be honest, when pricing anything less than über-rare, we often use comparables on ebay. If it's a Japanese-exclusive thing that's still more common there than here, I'll throw Yahoo Japan Auctions into the mix, but figure a markup of 10-25% for the difficulty of getting an item from the Japanese market vs the ease of buying the same item off the Western market.
Of course, if you're evaluating more typical items (loose/complete G1 figures, for example), there's always the TFL Price guide!
Rare items are obviously more difficult, and there's some amount of guesswork based on how they relate to more common equivalents, how rare the item is known to be, and how much it differs from its ordinary counterpart, if any. For example, a boxed Liokaiser is significantly more valuable than a boxed (Japanese) Bruticus giftset, because even though Bruticus was available as a giftset only in Japan, and their version has the Onslaught vehicle launcher, you could still at least get Bruticus outside JP, where as Liokaiser has no widely available alternative version.