Hello, everyone!

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Hello, everyone!

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Greetings.

Much to the chagrin of Commander Megatron, I have finally made it.

I have been lurking around here for a while now, and have about 53 things I wanted to post, after reading many of your posts. Please do not bve surprised if I start quite a few new topics, and reply to some of the older ones for the next few days... but why join a forum with nothing to say? :D

A bit about myself now:

I am 33 years old, and have loved the TF's since I first saw the first mini-series in 1984 (I was 10 @ the time). I would even watch a full hour of the Bozo show just to catch the 1/3 episode they would play daily, just before catching the bus (that's dedication!!!!).

My first Toy was Gen 1 Optimus. My fave toy was Probably Hot Rod by the end of my childhood collecting days. I *was* the first on my block to have the completed Devastator.

Then the dark times came... when I was 13, I gave my entire collection to my 6 year old nephew (along with a bunch of Master of the Universe, G.I. Joes, and Super Powers Figures). I know, I should be drug out into the streets and shot for this transgression.

A few weeks ago my Sister (nephews mother) called and said she was planning a yard sale and forund some of my old toys. She wanted tyo know if I wanted to let my two sons have them. My thoughts immediately jumped to Prime, Hot Rod, Jetfire, and all of my old Transformers..not so much for my boys, but for me again! :D

When I got to her house, I found almost every Master of the Universe, having lovingly been cared for. There was one G.I.Joe mini tank....

And for the 30 plus collection of transformers? One Ultra Magnus, cab only, no hands or accessories at all... one Sandstorm no gun. Neither of those were my purchases (but I kept them anyway ;p ). The rest had gone the the dreaded, most feared fate of any adult could have of his old collectables. They had been sold in Yard Sale ten years previous!!!!

This started my desire to complete the Ultra Magnus figure that I abbsconded with. I found set on dumb-bay (that is what you guys call it here, no?) that is almost complete, and stumbled accross this place, read some of the posts here, and realized that I should join.

Even though I have groaned in agony over some of the post gen1 TF series/toylines, I have found that the classics and the titanium series of toys to be quite to my liking, and have already pulled a few of those into my home (Shhh don't tell my wife, she'll kill me). These figures are extremely well thought out, and are seemingly built to be true reprsentations of the cartoons (A Hot Rod, and Rodimus that can actually move thier legs!!!!).

Anyway, I have babbled enough for now...

I return you to your regularly scheduled forum... Now Ultra Magnified!!! :D
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Re: Hello, everyone!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Ultra Magnus wrote:(Shhh don't tell my wife, she'll kill me)

In the same boat as me then!! :lol:

So finally arrived then Autobot, welcome aboard, have fun and I look forward to reading your posts. :wink:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Welcome Magnus I hope to hear from you more in the forums.
The Autobots need a warrior of your statue. Join the Roll Play here.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Welcome aboard, feel free to start as many topics as you wish! I've replied to a couple of yours already ;)
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Hey Magnus,

good to see I have my general by my side ;)

Hope you stick around, we are a fun and friendly little family here and we try to get along as best we can but those Decepticreeps just won't stop stealing our beer nuts!

Good to have you aboard, feel free to drop by the bar and maybe contibute.

Rodimus :)
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

trance wrote:... feel free to start as many topics as you wish! I've replied to a couple of yours already ;)
I am sure that post count will certainly help remove the forum title of "noob". :D

So, question about the Role Play boards. Do you guys brainstorm a basic plot, and then play it out, or is it more of a "jump on in and try not to step on too many toes" approach? I would hate to run into the middle of the Decepticon base in a story where the truce is over, or anything. ;)
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Ultra Magnus wrote:
I am sure that post count will certainly help remove the forum title of "noob". :D
Woot!!! Decoy!!!! :D
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Ultra Magnus wrote:Do you guys brainstorm a basic plot, and then play it out, or is it more of a "jump on in and try not to step on too many toes" approach? I would hate to run into the middle of the Decepticon base in a story where the truce is over, or anything. ;)
Just jump on in. I don't thing any of us think about what we are doing here. We just do it.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Hello, Magnus. :D Finally! Another Autobot! Welcome to our little community--as the others have said, we'd love for you to stick around and by all means jump right into the roleplay.
Ultra Magnus wrote:I found almost every Master of the Universe, having lovingly been cared for. There was one G.I.Joe mini tank....
And for the 30 plus collection of transformers? One Ultra Magnus, cab only, no hands or accessories at all...
That's rough ... but at least you've got the Masters of the Universe figures still. That alone would have been enough for me to completely geek out. :wink:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I took the Adam, and the first edition of He-man, gave the rest to my 5 and 7 year old boys. Just like me, their favorite vehicle is the Falcon Glider, and the fave char is Trap-Jaw. :)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Welcome aboard. You're lucky, Matt doesn't reply to our posts much... Our benevolent owner has smiled upon you :P

And post count... Galvatron... with all those double posts i cleaned up... He'll advance a little TOO quickly ;)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

PS: I just gave you a free introduction to the RP. read the "earth" thread...
play it off however you want. you can do pretty much whatever, the unwritten rule is if you're going to do something important (kill someone, blow up their whole base at once, etc...) give them a chance to respond first. usually everyone is a good sport and will go along with it, if you let them say or do something exciting to try and stop it first, even if their attempt proves futile. if you read back a bit, you'll kinda see what i mean.
i did BW dinobot for a couple weeks, and when commander megatron toasted him, he let me spout off a little shakespearian eulogy first :D
If you want to wait to find out more about the fanfic ish characters like delita and myself, just play it off as we've never met, or amnesia, and we'll fill ya in. otherwise, the only real rule is
Have fun!
Commander Megatron

Didn't I tell you Magnus that you would be made more than welcome here. You still have to meet Delita-1, Optimus Prime,Doubledealer,Shockwave,Cyclonus (where the hell is she now?) and Jose. Any questions about toys Time Traveller and Jose are the ones to speak to. Anything else, just throw it out there.
Cyclonus

Post by Cyclonus »

Commander Megatron wrote:Cyclonus (where the hell is she now?)

I am here! I am not even going to read the in character Pm you sent me.... I am to scared. :shock:
Commander Megatron

lol!! Do not fear it is nothing to serious!!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Thank you all for such a warm greeting. Even though Megatron does not accept my theories about why Maggy doesn't change with the Matrix, I have found this to be quite pleasant so far (BTW upon further toying w/ the Matrix, thanks for the loan, Prime; it seems I do change. My rifle and rocket lauchers develop pearl handles :P ). I have a couple of posts in the bar already (though they are more reactive than story building, it might take a bit before I start God-moding).

Thanks Phil for the awesome sig. Thanks also to Mark for approving my registration.

Since everyone is on a first name basis here, I guess I can reveal mine. I am Brad, but almost everyone I know IRL call me Shaggy due to my hieght, weight (or lack thereof) and scraggily little fluff on my chin in middle school.

Now that you know my name, I guess you are stuck with me. You told me to keep posting, and I will... You should be careful what you wish for, though. I can ramble and ramble, and ramble with the best of them. ;)
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Then you'll fit right in :roll: :wink:
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Hi :mrgreen: Wow, I go away for the weekend & come back to about a million new posts. You must be doing something right. :wink: Pleased to meet you.

Excellent name choice btw, Ultra Magnus is freakin' sweet.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

Welcome, Ultra Magnus. It's about time another Autobot has joined the ranks. You've made a wise choice. This place has been looking a little too purple lately.
Ultra Magnus wrote:I would hate to run into the middle of the Decepticon base in a story where the truce is over, or anything. ;)
ha ha.

:wink:
Commander Megatron

That was a long time ago now, we have had a truce and then I sent the Predacons to kill him!! Sorry about that Prime. lol!