Forums

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Forums

Post by Deszaras »

What other forums are you active on?

Which has your favourite format?

On which do you feel the comfortable?

Which was the worst?
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

for the record mine are as follows:

What other forums are you active on? Epic games, bolter and chainsword [warhammer 40k]

Which has your favourite format? TFL 8)

On which do you feel the comfortable? TFL

Which was the worst? one called WArahhmer forums. the people were very stuck up and offensive. i left sharpish.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm only active on TFL, though i have done others. I like the layout, I like the people, but I wish I knew how to add more graphic themes and such. Now that we have decent spam blocking, i'm a little more satisfied with phpbb's performance.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

I am only on here to. Joined "another TF forum" a long time ago and felt that I was just another number. I joined here and well, I haven't looked back since!
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

yeah siebertron and warhammer forums have that problem where most of the members have there figures rammed so far up there collective a$$es that they cannot make a comment without purposefully mocking and insulting you.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

i'm also on a belgium pitbike forum, i know 60% of the people in real life
The past is the greatest teacher
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

I'm not really active on any other forum but this at the minute. Other than TFL, I check Allakhazam once in a while for stuff about WoW. That's about it. Pretty boring.
Last edited by Arcee on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Heheh, the only board I post on is from my old guild from City of Heroes. As I am still without highspeed, and probably will be until I move, I can no longer play that game. I still drop by every couple of weeks to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about them.

I also used to post frequently on the City of Heroes pre-beta forums. They to had a large comic based section on that board. I have to say though, that the biggest fan-boi on that forum was actually a girl named Thorina. She could out knowledge most of the fan-boi's there, even if you combined their knowledge into one super fan-boi.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

lol fanbois. where the slag did that word come from, anyway? i think the internet took a bite out of english and s*** it out. Anway, I posted long ago on another TF site called TF Gen3, but it disappeared one week when i was gone and never came back again. I guess most of the members i knew migrated to a forum called daily rhetoric, which has also since ceased to be. Now i have a new and much better home, and rather than a few acquaintances that i exchanged PM's with, i have a family :D
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Time Traveller wrote:I'm only active on TFL, though i have done others. I like the layout, I like the people, but I wish I knew how to add more graphic themes and such. Now that we have decent spam blocking, i'm a little more satisfied with phpbb's performance.
I can do this...I know both you and I have a lot on our plates, but if anyone has any ideas as far as graphics and layout go, cook something up in photoshop or whatever software you use and post it here. Then maybe we can have a vote, and once we've decided on a layout, I can get to work on publishing it :)
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Are you referring to the overall theme that everyone sees, or multiple ones that you could pick & choose from your personal profile?

If you mean multiples, I think it'd be nice to have the choice between a decepticon or autobot theme, maybe even a predacon or maximal choice now that there are a few more Beast Wars fans here.
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

TFL is the only fourm I am currently active on.
I used to be one of the 'big' posters on my old SWG guild site (Four Rivers). But that site died about 6 months ago, was a great bunch of people and had alot of laughs.

Now I am ready for some more. :D
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Commander Megatron

Then, Rumble, you are in the right place. Laughs galore here!!!
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Yeah Read through the roleplay posts [You will laugh mostly at galvatron though (sorry galvy)]
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I'm currently active on four forums. Here, rarely on transformerschile, aafach.cl and the MCCH, being the first two about Transformers and the others about cars. My favorite format is vBulletin, very refreshing for the eye, however it's not freeware. I feel the best on the MCCH and TFL.

Transformerschile is quite competitive, which I don't care for, and I have only befriended few people there. Wait a second, no, only one person who I know in person who invited me to join in. Aafach is a local forum as well, and since diecast collecting is quite primitive in here, I'm putting efforts to stir things up. However, we have had since the beginning a clash of interests between the small-scale collectors and the self proclaimed real collectors (collecting 1:18 scale) and auto-nuts who think we aren't serious, but non-assumed children. To try to change their mindset gets tiring most of the time, thus I participate every day less on there. I'm considering to create my own forum about cars.

The worst I have ever been on was HWC. It was extremely competitive and good topics dropped like a stone; besides there was a lot of BTTTs, posts containing an emoticon and the alike. I kept my registration only to access the Hot Wheels guide they have.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

Jose I seen this post and I thought to myself "There has to be a mention of hotwheels in there somewhere. I was a little worried until I got to the last sentence. lol!!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

You have nothing to worry about, I think everyone in here is doing a good job. ;)
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

I have a few forums i visit but right now i want to tell everyone about the forums i built.

My Star Wars forum
http://starwarsunivers.forumarena.com/forum.html

My GI joe forum
http://gijoevscobra.forumarena.com/forum.html

ghost in the machine forum
http://gitm.forumarena.com/forum.html

Check em out and join us we are trying to make them big forums
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Commander Megatron

Will have a look and good luck with them Barricade. :wink:
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

the star wars forum is my forum i founded. the GI joe forum is Skywarps, and GITM is ghostinthemachines forum he founded. I just done the structure building to GITM and the joe board for them and help them with the boards. they are really nice boards and everyone likes them alot.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me