Forums

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Catilla
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catilla »

i use to only post on omegaoneprime but after the movie it a bit dead (i stil lgo back and its pick a little since then) on in the hay i found to be 1 of the friendly site out there, and a good set of posters too and easy layout to top it off (dosnt realy have many wistles and bell though, all in all it was a forum only).
when that one when quiet i looked around and joined a few others (AFA,Clambos, GITM, Eternal Phenomenon, thetf and here not in that order lol) to find a site i could fit into and feel apart of, so far GITM (lol Barricades work, exclent job too) is one sites i post on mainly ,its only small at the moment but theres a great bunch of posters there and all are friendly too which reminds me more of OPO site along with Clambos but is more for multi type figures lines and not tf mainly and here, i dont post on the others as oftain.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

trance wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:I'm only active on TFL, though i have done others. I like the layout, I like the people, but I wish I knew how to add more graphic themes and such. Now that we have decent spam blocking, i'm a little more satisfied with phpbb's performance.
I can do this...I know both you and I have a lot on our plates, but if anyone has any ideas as far as graphics and layout go, cook something up in photoshop or whatever software you use and post it here. Then maybe we can have a vote, and once we've decided on a layout, I can get to work on publishing it :)
adding themes are pretty easy if you know what you're doing. I myself have grown accustomed to this default skin. I don't like the look and feel of phpbb3 and unfortunately, my TF forum is PhpBB3 and i hate it. I don't have the heart to "Reformat" AI back to phpbb2, because that would mean losing all the posts and members!
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

Post by ghostinthemachine »

Barricade wrote:I have a few forums i visit but right now i want to tell everyone about the forums i built.

My Star Wars forum
http://starwarsunivers.forumarena.com/forum.html

My GI joe forum
http://gijoevscobra.forumarena.com/forum.html

ghost in the machine forum
http://gitm.forumarena.com/forum.html

Check em out and join us we are trying to make them big forums
i am on the same forums as well as www.tfarchives.org
www.tfw2005.com
www.tfans.com
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

I do not use any other forums, the reason being that I have all my freinds right here. :D

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Deszaras wrote:yeah siebertron and warhammer forums have that problem where most of the members have there figures rammed so far up there collective a$$es that they cannot make a comment without purposefully mocking and insulting you.
See now things like that I don't understand! Forums are supposed to be a place where people can go and share ideas with like minded individuals and revel in their passion. Not belittle one another and get into foolish flame wars about how long Optimus' smokestacks are supposed to be.

TFL is the only Transformers forum I belong to because I love the people in here! This community is tight knit and so friendly and polite.

I belong to two Thundercats related sites. One is TCATGR which is a small group of Thundercats fan fiction writers who banded together when people complained about content in their stories.

TCATGR's purpose is to be a flame free "no puritan zone" writer oriented site where constructive criticism only is allowed. You can write about anything in the group you wish to as long as you properly rate the content of your story and have the proper disclimer.

I also along with Ramjet (who clued me in) also belong to Thundercatslair.org. It is an excellent site for information on the LJN toyline both American and International releases as well as the printed media.

This site also has a good staff which keps up to date with upcoming Thundercats related happenings like the upcoming 2010 movie, as well as conducts interviews with some of the cast and other people who made the Thundercats show happen.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

My number one passion is Transformers. This place is my home, thats why I only come here. I was part of TCA, but unfortunately, I couldnt get into it (sorry optimusprime) Other than TF's though, im a huge star wars fan. Im also part of fxsabers.com Its mainly a lightsaber discussion forum. Its really neat to see what people are able to build into lightsabers. Im also part of OKshooters.com Its about guns, hunting, and those kinds of topics all based out of oklahoma. I dont post nearly as much in those as I do here.
R.I.P. Menasor
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Before TFL I was a contributing member of a Teen Titans fanboard called The Ravenshrine. Now that place is all but dead, yet I still visit. That was my first roleplay modding experience.

Before that I belonged to various anime boards, but there was a time when I quit the Internet for about a year and thus my membership at those boards ended.

I recently (as of a month ago or so) joined a Harvest Moon roleplay board, not that I know anything about Harvest Moon mind you I just like to roleplay, called Feather Valley.

But TFL has the best layout of all of them and I must say has the most organized modding staff, especially in the roleplay section. :wink:
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

This is the only forum I am really active on I love it here so much I have posted on some other non TF forums but never really had a good feeling like I do on this one. Gametracker, a gaming forum and Atomic a PC tech and modding forum but no love... TFL for life :D actually it would be cool if there was an in forum chat program like on facebook so u can chat to whoever is online :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

That sounds complicated to set up :?

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

Other than this excellent forum, I also frequent

Mount&Blade forums

Sportsalfa.com

Cuoresportivo.no
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

The very first Transformers Forum I joined was Seibertron.com. I quickly learned that this forum was full of very rude and crude talking people and the sign in format is too complicated.

I am also a member to:
*Tformers.com
*Tfarchive.org
*Ghostinthemachine.com

But I have to say HANDS DOWN TFL is the very best place to be a member. The people are like my second family here. One does not have to feel like they are going to get ripped to shreds for making a commment on anything! :wink:

***One suggestion I would like to make is for one of the moderators to create a locked thread that would give us updated, daily, and ongoing news about transformers toys, the second transformers movie news,etc. I have to go to Tformers.com OR Seibertron.com to get this and I would love to get it here instead! :D
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Well I must say that Transformerland is my forum of choice. Everyone here acts as they are - which is friendly, courtious, and polite. You guys and gals are all great. I visit this forum way too often (ok, I am addicted to TFL). And, at times I won't leave till I read every new post - with the exception of the Role Play. I am just not into that. I appreciate that I never have to fear asking a question here - no matter how many times it has been asked. Take this great forum and add TFLs great store and I am really in trouble in no time!

Besides TFL, I also visit TCA (The Cybertron Archive). That is lead by Optimus Prime and it is a great forum, too! There is a lot more categories. Unfortunately, I sometimes feel lost with all the categories and subcategories so I post infrequently and more often than not I just lurk in a few key areas.

Besides Transformer forums, I also lurk every few weeks at The Elder Scrolls Forum. It is the official forum for The Elder Scrolls. I love Oblivion and I probably have 2 dozen mods installed. TESF is a great place to locate new or upcoming mods.
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

There was a time that I wasnt very active on any site but lately things have changed.

Illness has kept me home as of late so I have the time to BS online a lot.

Seibertron.com
Superherohype
The Cybertron Archive's "Cybertropia"
TFW2005
TFL
TFormers
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

I would like to share with everyone the forum I built with my friend and Shadowcon partner, Its TF based and built with the Vbuletin style board, I plan to be adding alot of cool features to it so come check it out and tell me what ya think

click picture to see my forum
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me