Kids Korner

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

We were lucky we didn't have any of the toys on the list. We did have the easy bake oven from awhile back though. We didn't send it back because the problem seemed to be a result of misuse and a lack of parental supervision(don't get me started on that subject). We always supervise when my daughter uses the oven and have never had a problem.
Mominator
Targetmaster

Post by Mominator »

Hi everyone,

Did YA MISS ME????

sorry it has been a while. it has been crazy busy here. I think i beat everyone on the kid total though... I have 5. Well four are mine and my niece lives with me too so i essentially have to discipline, clothe, bathe, and feed all of them and the husband who acts like a kid (i know many of you know what i am tlaking about).

Did you know that if you call and complain and have more than $100 in recalled toys you get an additional $25 gift card. Needless to say i got a couple hundred bucks worth with all these kids, and their random toys.

Delita- where did you find that backpack. We searched high and low for that one as that is the one my oldest wants and no one out here has it.

As a side note i will be posting pictures of the costumes i have been working on. if i can figure out how to load the pictures on this stupid laptop. I also have "patterns" per se as there is virtually no sewing but a lot of cardboard, duct tape and PAINT.

How would anyone else feel about allowing the kids to have a little area to develop their love for TF and talk amongst themselves... of course heavily monitored... but my son wanted to get on here so badly and i told him he would not have anyone to talk to his age. So if anyone has a Kid that Loves TF and wants to chat with a 10 year old. Let me know. Maybe even do it strictly PM so they are not bugging the childless population lol

"mom"
no is a complete sentence
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Hey Mom, welcome. So you have beem busy in Shockwave's lab eh? I am not sure how to do the pic thing, someone more technically minded could help you there. Namely anyone else on the board except me!!
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

There is already some kids here. Bumblebee for one and my daughter just joined as Tracks. I will have her up and running soon. She is 8. A kids area sounds cool, or pms are fine too.
Commander Megatron

Tracks, could you not have talked her into being a 'con?
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Mominator wrote:Delita- where did you find that backpack.
We got it at Target. I think it was about $12.
How would anyone else feel about allowing the kids to have a little area to develop their love for TF and talk amongst themselves..
I think that would be fun. I've been talking recently to another board member about getting a little interaction between the kids going. :)
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

I think it would be neat to make a whole area of the boards for the kids.

We don't post their but obviouslt the parents may from time to time, just to keep an eye on thing. I dunno if my daughter would wanna join but I can bug her to see if she would. lol
Mominator
Targetmaster

Post by Mominator »

If you are up for setting up a board for kids i think that would be great. We as adults should not be allowed to post in there but should have "reading rights" so it is an open forum and of course the minute someone who doesn't belong hopes in we get bonecrusher out and "CRUSH"!!!!! lol

I think it would be great for the kids to socialize with others there age from other areas. It is good for them.

Delita are you located in the west. Didn't find it in any target out here although we saw it on target online (sold out) so we were stuck. I will keep looking though thanks.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

The one I found was in Illinois. I think they had one here at the local Target still though. If you are really desperate I could go look & get you one if it's still there.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The kids thing could be arranged. I could make a board and group, where only group members can post, but the rest of you can read-only, just to keep an eye on. The group registration would have to be requested by the parent or guardian through me. I'll work on it later tonight.
Mominator
Targetmaster

Post by Mominator »

Thanks TT and the kids thank you too... :D
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

Tracks, could you not have talked her into being a 'con?
Ahhh, I tried, but shes all autobot. No worries though, my oldest son will soon be old enough to join and based on my wifes stress level he is all con.
Commander Megatron

My two are 'con. A bit young yet but I am training him in the ways of Decepticon, will put up his pick with him in his Soundwave shirt!
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

My boy loves star wars but all he gets is imperial stuff. I think he has two rebels and one small rebel ship, imperials though, about 15 figures and five ships. I think he just got the few rebels to see them get slaughtered. Of course the imperials do have all the cool stuff.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

but, as i saw on a T-Shirt once, "Rebels have more fun" (and then the logo)
Commander Megatron

Its should read "'cons have more fun!"
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

FREE TOYS at US Toys R US

You can get either a Littlest Pet Shop or Hot Wheels toy from now till October 13th.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

If only I had a printer lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I've been married to my wife for fourteen years and we have one handsome little mister. His name is Brett and he's 12 years old. They grow up WAY too fast!

He share my love of Transformers and Bumblebee is his favorite character! He watches the G1 cartoon series over and over! And then watches Beast Wars over and over! And of course we love the Transformers Live action movie!