Kids Korner

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Delita-1

Kids Korner

Post by Delita-1 »

I've been really surprised at all the posts I've read from members referring to their children. I kind of thought I'd be in the minority on having a kid. Thought it might be fun to share some stories or something with other parents here (of course non parental units are welcome to join in as well) & I'm curious to see how many future tfl-ers are out there...

Prime & I have one child, an 8 year old daughter.

She's really excited about school starting. She went out school supply shopping with her Grandma (so no, we didn't influence her purchase) & came home with a Bumblebee folder, notebook, & pencil pouch. She even spent her own money on some of it - which in kid terms is a fortune.

I'd like to get her a G1 Bumblebee at some point, but I don't want to spend all that much. For now she has a few little guys - including Blurr & Wheelie. (Go ahead, groan, I know you want to.)

Yes Arcee, I know I spelled corner with a 'K', don't shoot. :wink:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

If going for a Gen1 Bumblebee, may I suggest either the inner portion of the Pretender Bumblebbe, or the Bumblebee keychain?

The Pretender Bumblebee is just about the best looking Gen1 bee there is, and the Keychain is more easily obtainable and will cost a few less duckets. ;)
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

I would suggest the keychain one as well, I have it as a cheap and cheerful way of having a g1 style bb, cos I don't wanna fork out loads on a real G1 BB that will just sit there doing nothing.

I have a daughter too, she is 10 years old and lives with her mom. She stayed over this past weekend and she has been so bored this summer cos it's been raining so much and she is really looking forward to classes starting again.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

As you may have read I too have a daughter. She is 4 and really loves Disney World. Since we are only two hours from Orlando we go to WDW quite often, around eight times a year. What is it with little girls and BB. I bought mine a Cyberslammer BB the same day the movbie toys came out. Since then I found two of the playschool TFs at a local flea market for her. G1 BB expensive? My mom bought me one in sweet condition for $.25 at a garage sale. Then again it was the same sale that my wife got me, G1, OP, Jetfire, Sideswipe, and Dirge for $15. No weapons but most of the armor for JF.
Key chain is safest. If it gets broke then you have not ruined a real G1. If you want Party City was carrying them as recently as last week. $5.99. I can even pick one up for you if you want.
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

Funny, I was going to suggest the keychain bb also but I see your all ahead of me. I do have a couple bb keychains versions, they are loose and no longer attached to the chain part, one of them looks like someone was modifing it to look like an original bb(not me), but of course the color is off. Your welcome to have one Delita-1 for the cost to ship.

As for kids, I have four(okay, pick yourselves up off the floor four isn't that bad) My oldest daughter is 8, then I have two boys that are 7 and 5, and my last is my little angel, she is 2. We homeschool the two older kids so were busy but for the most part they entertain each other.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Actually, pretender bumblebee is probably sturdier than the keychain. I'd recommend it.
Commander Megatron

Post by Commander Megatron »

I have 3, two thatare here with me and one who lives in Liverpool with his mother, Daniel is 6. I wanted to call him Magnus but his mother wasn't having that, I was watching the tf movie and Daniel came on.......

The two i have now are Carter and Kaia. The will be 3 and 1 in October. Give Catrer a transformer and he will say "WOW monster Prime!!" He can't get his tongue round Optimus, I show him a picture of Megatron and its "WOW monster Prime!!"......

I swear he isn't my kid.....

j/k :wink:
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

Commander Megatron wrote:Give Catrer a transformer and he will say "WOW monster Prime!!" He can't get his tongue round Optimus, I show him a picture of Megatron and its "WOW monster Prime!!"......
I already like Carter and I don't even know him. ;)
Commander Megatron

He is cool, bit of a cheeky kid, not afraid of much. But I wouldn't swap him for the world.

Just a complete Fortress Maximus would do. LOL

j/k
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Commander Megatron wrote:The two i have now are Carter and Kaia. They will be 3 and 1 in October.
"More people are born on October 5 in than any other day. October 5 holds a not-so-surprising significance, as conception would have fallen on New Year's Eve."

:P
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

Hmmm, thats interesting, all of my kids were born on a day with a 2 in it, come to think of it with only 2s. Three were born on the 22nd of different months(no, not twins or such), and the other was born on the 2nd.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

She's officially ready for school now. lol

I wish there was a Decepticon pack like that. I like all the rings to hang stuff on. I have so much crap hanging on mine it's about to fall apart.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

I'm pretty peeved about this toy recall thing.

I don't think we have any of the toys with the lead paint issue in our house (Thank God), but there are a couple with the small magnet problem. I know that we have the pooping dog for sure, a couple of the Polly Pocket items, & one or two of the Doggy Daycare things. Since I don't think BB is going to go around swallowing the magnets, I'm not sure that we'll do anything with them. What's so irritating is that this stuff has been out for quite a while & they are JUST NOW getting to the recall? I'm glad I don't have any toddlers at the moment.

Have you all checked your kids toys to see if they're being recalled?
Commander Megatron

Yes last night when it came on the news. 9 million toys, my god. What the hell where they doing!!!?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'll tell you what the execs are doing... walking away with a bazillion dollars in stock options. "Globalization" means EVERYWHERE is corporate america! Wheee!
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I have that same back pack. My wife was peeved at me for using the same wallet or like three years at least, it is/was falling apart. So now I carry that wallet also. I would go through my daughters tioys but her toys are mostly(90+%) Disney Princess stuff. I didn't see them listed, did any of you? Does anyone know where I can get a list of recalled toys? That is dirty pool they are playing :x .
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

The Fisher Price recalls are here:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07257.html

The Mattel recalls are here:

http://service.mattel.com/us/recall.asp

I ended up going through the steps to get a new pooper scooper for the Barbie playset, they emailed me a mailing label for postage & supposedly will send a replacement after they get the 'dangerous' one.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Good lord, they're trying to kill our children. Did they really think they could get away with this?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Even though we have 5 of the items listed, they were purchased before such a time as the lead paint supposedly started being used..... Yeah, I trust that! :evil:
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Even though we have 5 of the items listed, they were purchased before such a time as the lead paint supposedly started being used.....
Yikes, that's scary. I don't know how they expect people to remember how recently they bought the toys in the first place. I don't keep all my receipts & boxes, I don't have space for that! :x

On a lighter note...

Here are a couple coupons if anyone is interested.

TRU $5 off $25 good for this weekend

Chuck E Cheese $10 for 80 tokens

:mrgreen: