Toy collecting

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Delita-1

Toy collecting

Post by Delita-1 »

I'm curious, do you remember your parents or other older relatives collecting toys like you do? I had one aunt who had a couple dolls from her childhood, but that's about it. Do you think it's because the internet makes everything so easily accessible, or is there just something wrong with our generation that makes us want to buy toys?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

My grandmother collects angel figurines and my mom collects little printers box trinkets. I do think the internet has alot to do with the collecting these days cause instead of driving all over town, you dont even have to leave home. The reason our generation buys toys is cause we got the coolest ones! :P
R.I.P. Menasor
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

No relatives, but I know lots of people collect toy tractor and such. I see 'em at auctions all the time.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

my mother collects little statues of teddybears and normal teddies
The past is the greatest teacher
Slag
Gestalt Warrior
Location: In a wodden cottage somewhere in the norwegian forrest making dinobot music

Post by Slag »

i have an aunt who collects porcelain dolls...i recon she's got over 300 dolls by now.

"Me Slag no like anything."
Blitzwing
Powermaster

Post by Blitzwing »

my mom collects beanie babies
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I come from a family of collectors. My Dad collects automobilia: antique pedal cars, model cars (old ones or reissues to build), old Tonka trucks (like, primo condition original, plus other comparable brands), old Tootsie toys, and Hot Wheels until they started making stupid gimmicky ones instead of cool real-life cars.
My mom collects antique everything else: antique kitchenwares, antique furniture, green depression glass, old dolls, and innumerable other trinkets. Between the two of them our whole house is antique. Beds, dressers, dinner tables & chairs, are all refinished antiques. There are big glass cases filled with antique toys of all sorts. We have more antiques that you didn't even know EXISTED than you can imagine.

My sister has like 250-300 beanie babies. She was lucky... she got into it AFTER the big craze, so she's never paid more than $6 for one.

I guess it runs in the blood. :oops:

But our house is an AWESOME place to be if you like seeing that stuff. Unfortunately, I only have about 2% of the total display space for my TF's. Gar.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

My brother collects model cars
My sister collects anything that has to do with bears.

That's about it for me.
Past Generation Toys

Post by Past Generation Toys »

At one point in time my dad started collectin hotwheels but it was short lived.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

PPl have been collecting as far as anyone can remeber shoes records you name someone collects it tho i have to agree now toys are cooler and do more

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

My sister collects Teddy Bears and my brothers collect Manchester united memorabelia.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

My Dad used to have a sweet train set with all his old hotwheels/matchbox cars. They have moved since but now he is setting it up again only better.
My brother has never been into collecting things but he found a bunch of G1 TFs at a garage sale. He said he would give them to me!!! WOOHOO! Minus the OP. He and his son want that one. That's cool though, I have like 4.
Sideswipe
Powermaster

Post by Sideswipe »

My grandfather collects NASCAR 1/24 scale. My dad collects Star Wars figures. That's about it.
AUTOBOTS FTW!!!!!!!!!

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!!!
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Welcome back Sideswipe. :wink: