DVD Players that are easily formatted

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

DVD Players that are easily formatted

Post by Sixshot »

Alright, I am really interested in getting the TF episodes that the US didn't get, but my DVD is, of course, Region 1. I was reading on Seibertron.com that the Philips DVP642 is a good buy because u can easily hack it to play all Region DVD's and all formats(PAL and NTSC)!

So my question is, do they sell this model in the stores anymore, and if so, where? Walmart, Kmart, Target? Or do I have to buy one online? Any other players that are easily formatted?

I'd prefer to see if I could get it in a store, so I can see it and return it, easily, if necessary. Thanks, in advance!
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Not sure sixshot. But as I said before you can easily do the same job with a computer's DVD drive. Works better on laptops with a single drive I have had both region 1 and 2 disks playing on the same computer [at different times].
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

Yeah I hear ya'! I just wanted to have the option to watch it on my TV instead of a computer all the time! I'll probably just try to pick up a refurbished DVP642. I tried to hack my DVD player but it didn't work! I'm gonna try again but I want something that is consistent! I need a region free player anyway, I just wanted the best option possible. I'm sure someone has a region free player here that they could recommend.
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"