Your Xbox 360 gamertag?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Your Xbox 360 gamertag?

Post by Sunstorm »

Hey guys,

My other main hobby as well as TFs is gaming - I'm frequently online on my Xbox 360. If anyone wants to hook up for a game one night, my gamertag is tidyspidey :wink:

Post yours here if you want to arrange a friends request or something
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Yeah i use my Xbox too. (damn tiscalli not want me to use it between 6 and 11 pm)

I used my workmates name as mine nickname did not work. I'm
Tyrantrope

What games do you play?

(the following for me: gears of war, farcry predator, burnout revenge, perfect dark zero and tom clancys ghost recon advanced warfighter, but i spend too much time on the arcade game heavy weapon)
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Deszaras wrote:Yeah i use my Xbox too. (damn tiscalli not want me to use it between 6 and 11 pm)

I used my workmates name as mine nickname did not work. I'm
Tyrantrope

What games do you play?

(the following for me: gears of war, farcry predator, burnout revenge, perfect dark zero and tom clancys ghost recon advanced warfighter, but i spend too much time on the arcade game heavy weapon)
Currently, I'm spending time playing through BioShock.... I play Gears of War too, great game. The TF movie game is pretty gash, unfortunately, but it's still playable from a fan point of view. I've also got Overlord at the moment - hilarious little title that one.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Don't have bioshock yet still waiting for the price to drop slightly. Maybe it will when that overrated halo 3 thing comes out. And of course as i thought the other two were average i will not be getting this new one EVER. I am waiting for them to release the new Single player content for gears.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

I'll get Halo 3, but not at full price on release day, no way. Loved the first one and thought second was over-rated....

I'm waiting for The Orange Box to come out - Half Life 2, plus Episode 1, 2 and extra games Portal and Team Fortress 8) 8)
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

I want Unreal tournament 3. (Ut2004 is still one of the best multiplayer games ever made in my opinion[and you can get it with keycode for about $10/£5 now]) Timeshift [the time warpig powers make me want this just for the origninality, go look at a gameplay vid to see my meaning] and burnout paradise (and resident evil 5 of course.). Most games are overrated now. (HL2 was called the best game ever by a lot of people. It was a good fps but it did nothing new, I should know I have played AVP2, UT2004,The hitman games, Goldeneye, perfect dark, the turok games(1,2,3,rage wars, evolution), far cry (pc and predator), firewarrior, halo 1 and 2, HL2, unrel, unreal 2, unrela tournament, unreal tournamen 2003, timesplitters 2 and 3, all of the serious sam games, resident evil 4, gears of war, rainbow six, GRAW, unreal championship 2, black, joint ops, battlefield 2, renegade, metriod prime 1 and 2, brothers in arms (both currently available ones), dues ex, doom 3 and many more so I reckon I am qualified to judge an fps game).
Last edited by Deszaras on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Deszaras wrote:I want Unreal tournament 3. (Ut2004 is still one of the best multiplayer games ever made in my opinion). Most games are overrated now. (HL2 was called the best game ever by a lot of people. It was a good fps but it did nothing new, i should know i have played AVP2, UT2004,The hitman games, Goldeneye, perfect dark, the turok games(1,2,3,rage wars, evolution), far cry (pc and predator), firewarrior, halo 1 and 2, HL2, unrel, unreal 2, unrela tournament, unreal tournamen 2003, timesplitters 2 and 3, all of the serious sam games, resident evil 4, gears of war, rainbow six, GRAW, unreal championship 2, black, joint ops, battlefield 2, renegade, metriod prime 1 and 2, brothers in arms (both currently available ones), dues ex, doom 3 and many more so I reckon I am qualified to judge an fps game).
Must admit, I did love HL2..... I think the new elements were the gravity gun and the fact that there was a decent physics engine to suspend the realism.... far more than any FPS before it anyway. There were many that had shards of the same elements, but none of them felt as accomplished as HL2..... not to me anyway. Resident Evil 4 was also another favourite. Absolutely blew me away the first time I played it.

UT3 does sound awesome actually...... I've read up and the Unreal engine sounds simply amazing.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

there is a gravity gun in turok evolution that allowed you to pick up enemies and use them as weapons (and that came out in 2002, but not many people played it becuase compared to turok 2: seeds of evil it sucked.). I am an unreal engine level editior [for a small modding company]. So I want UT3 not only for its fun factor but for the level editor as well.

I would like to play crysis but my Pc would melt. :cry:

Plus I still have that copy of F.E.A.R. sealed on my shelf. Must get round to playing that sometime.
Last edited by Deszaras on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Deszaras wrote:there is a gravity gun in turok evolution that allowed you to pick up enemies and use them as weapons (and that came out in 2002). I am an unreal engine level editior by job [for a small modding company]. So i want UT3 not only for its fun factor but for the level editor as well.

I would like to play crysis but my Pc would melt.
No way on the Grav gun - I didn't play Turok Evo, so I missed that one..... :shock:

I'm with you on crysis...... looks fantastic. I built my first gaming PC for Xmas 2005 and put in, at the time, what were some really fine PC parts.... they're laughable already I think! :lol: :lol: I reckon crysis would run, but would real choppy :(
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Don't worry not many people played turok evo (I did as i have foloowed the turok games since the first one came out on the N64). If you loved halo go play Aliens verses predator 2(released on Pc in 2004) then look again at halo 2.

That is why FPS's have to go to such great lengths to get me interested. I've been there used that before etc. [the gravity gun in HL2 was only good when it was powered up {and became quivilent to turoks evos version, plus turok evo had tactical nuclear weapons for the player who stuck with it.})

here is another example of ideas used before.

prey allowed you to wlak on walls in 2006 but only shiny ones. alien verses predator was released in 2000 and you could walk on any surface with the alien.

In 1997 goldeneye (n64) uincluded a pilotable tank in an fps, and also allowed dual weilding [even to the point of rocket launchers!] this coupled with the stupidly funny AI makes goldeneye comedy gold even today.

Before you go and label an FPs best game ever. Play the following: goldeneye, perfect dark and turok 2 (all N64). Play a Lan game on Ut2004's onlsaught mode with three other players and 28 godlike bots. finally play every other FPS game ever made. Only then can you say (after looking at all of the aspects, weapons,. levels, texturing replayability) can you claim one game is the best one ever.

I say get the game have a full run thourgh then decide what your rating is. (Like in gears I love its no holds barred difficulty on insane but even so i cannot kill RAMM on this mode but I can reach him on my own without split screen/x box live help. farcry (instaincts predator) is also to be commanded for its great replayability and extremely hard final bosses. )
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I just bought my xbox. The only games I have for the moment are blazing angels, and perfect dark zero. I am buying halo 3 next week but so is everyone else. I will be playing rainbow six vegas soon. my gamertag is ShadowTrooper81
R.I.P. Menasor
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

I still have a regular Xbox, but I'll have a 360 by the end of this year, at least! My cousin wants me to get it, but I'm gonna wait! I'm pretty content with my DS! Anywayz, I love playin' Vegas! It'll probably be the 1st game I get when I get a 360! Especially now that Phantom Dust is Backwards Compatible now, 8)
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

BTW, my gamertag is Dracolyte, :wink:
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

some people here already have halo three due to some stores making errors. Had a look. About the same graphics level as bioshock/gears maybe less did'nt get a good look as my freind stopped playing it and we played gears online for a while [love that guest sign in].
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I played Battlefield 1942 online for PC.... :wink:
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

TT doesn't understand...360, not PC.

Anyway, my gamertag is UltraCheeseMan. I only have one game, COD2. Right now I am playing the COD4 beta tester. It is sweet. Nov5 release date. If by chance anyof you send me a friend request in the next 4 days I won't be there. My room mate will be signed in on my account. If he denies or asks you about it, tell him Brian said to accept it.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

I had COD 2 but it was before I got my broadband. after I finsihed it on the highest difficulty I sold it.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Just played the demo for timeshift. :D . And I got bioshock coming soon also. As for the hola 3 thingy I can wait six months before looking at it.

(bioshcok, timeshift, turok etc are coming out :D and they come first )
Plus theres resident evil 5 (please by khorne), brunout paradise, soul calibur IV, ALone in the dark (again i'm hoping) plus many others.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Halo 3 is amazing! I went to the midnight release and there was a grown man yelling at some kids threatening to beat them up because they were bragging about being the first in. It was quite sad. But, the game rocks and it looks unbelievable. My xbox live just went down for no reason, so I cant play online yet again. My xbox cant find my network, even though I have the supported router. Geez!
R.I.P. Menasor
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

There are too many people playing it online so the entire xbox live thing is almost overloaded. I'll just continue playing the timeshift demo. There a lot of buetiful lookintg games coming out in the near future pirmarily UT3 and those games using it's engine. turok, timeshift and others.