doing anything fun this week?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

doing anything fun this week?

Post by Sunstorm »

Since it was my birthday last week, but also the week before payday, I'm kinda having a belated fun week for my birthday this week. :D

I spent the day yesterday at Alton Towers in Staffordshire, UK - possibly the best theme park the UK has to offer (though I haven't been to Thorpe Park or Drayton Manor for a while and I've heard great things about them too....). And what a day it was..... this time of year, going on a Tuesday meant it was EMPTY. There were no queues for any ride whatsoever. Each time you navigated the queue system and got to the end, it was just straight onto the rides. Sweet. In some cases, they even just let the ride go round multiple times so you didn't have to get off which was killer. 5 times in a row at one point on the Runaway Mine Train..... really enjoyed that ride.

Myself and the missus have a bit of an obsession for roller-coasters in particular, so we enjoyed Nemesis (still their best IMO 8) ), Oblivion and Air a lot. I liked Rita : Queen of Speed a lot, but she found it a little too "head rattley" as she puts it. Gave her a headache. The super-fast set off is just out of this world :D . Nemesis still delivers and succeeded in terrifying me every ride. Awesome stuff. Air is fun, if uncomfortable.... I found the sense of flying is increased if you look at the ground and not ahead (which hurts the neck!).... seeing stuff whizzing by when being held in a horizontal position is just a great feeling. Lots of "near miss" moments with the ground and other objects. Oblivion is still awesome, though since I've been on Sheikra at Busch Gardens in 2005, it makes Oblivion look pitiful.... they're both one of those vertical drop coasters if you haven't seen them. Anyone interested in seeing the rides, just type in the names I've mentioned into youtube, and you will find all manner of daft individuals who have filmed their ride... :lol:

Tomorrow, I'm going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, for such thrills as the Pepsi Max Big One (at one time the tallest in the world, but it's been beaten several times now.... Kingda Ka at one of the Six Flags parks is currently the tallest.... Haven't been on that one yet.... perhaps on our honeymoon we may catch that :wink: ) as well as a new one called Infusion which is completely over water apparently.... There's a few old skool wooden ones with Grand National, Steeplechase and The Big Dipper, so we'll enjoy those too. Really looking forward to it actually.

So - if you're doing something fun this week, tell us all about it. That way, you can annoy all those that have to work that week..... it'll always be someones turn to post in here :lol: Back to work next week for me til Christmas :roll: