Game reviews and reccomendations

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Game reviews and reccomendations

Post by Deszaras »

As a few of us here at TFl play games how bout a game review/recomendations thread?

I'll start with what i've been playing for the last seven hours.

Halo 3

Pros: Good solid FPs.

Cons: Nothing new to offer for the genre, confusing ending, almost everything is shiny, dissapointing weapon sounds.

Comments:

Took seven hours to complete the single player campaign on normal. When I tried the multiplayer I was dead in under four seconds probvably due to everyone trying to get those online achivements. Suffered a few frame rate problems during the single player and online but nothing major.
Ok gameplay taken from other games:
ripping turrets from mounts: far cry predator (X box 360)
dual wielding (Began in the N64 game goldeneye)
HUD looks like the one in metriod prime.
The first game to use vehilces was C and C renegade for the PC.
These combined make halo 3 bearable with a few annoying spots that stop it being enjoyable.

Rating: 8/10

Final word: Really It's the only one of these halo games worth actually playing and it has earned my favour and as such will remain part of my games collection but the lack of offline bots for use with the split screen multiplayer means i'll probably stuill turn to perfect dark zero for a quick blast.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Just started playing bioshock. It's 8). Already much better than some of the other games I've played but I'll wait until I've completed it before I give you all my verdict.

Anyone else is free to write there own reviews (about any game, even one thats already been done by another member if you don't agree with there review. always good to have a few opinions. )
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Just finished Blazing Angels 1. Awesome game as I am a huge ww2 history nut. Plus even though im an american, the japanese zero is still my favorite aircraft ever, and you can fly one in this game. Im sold. Some parts are strange. No limit on bullets, missiles, bombs. You can also heal yourself in mid flight. Not to the T real but a wonderful game none the less.

My rating is 9/10
R.I.P. Menasor
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

played it on the wii version, a mate has the disc,

i fly some R/C zero's from gws, best little buggers produced by there company
ideal for park flying
The past is the greatest teacher
meeshabot
City Commander

Post by meeshabot »

I'm really really addicted to playing We <3 Katamari. Its like cute-crack.

And Guitar Hero, that goes without saying...

And I really liked Kingdom Hearts, I still need to finish the second one, I'm about half way through! lol :oops:
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Burnout paradise demo.

I had a few worries about this before I played the aforementioned demo. You can't actually get at much of the massive map in the demo and there are only three events available but you can drive around and do practially anything you want in the area they have provided for you. Even doing this there are some interesting side objectives (jumping though billboards, crashing through barriers etc. ). I spent two hours just driving around madly just for fun on the small demo area. If the real game truns out like this then brunout paradise will not only be the best of the burnout games but possibly the best racing game ever made...

I recommend you try the demo iof you can DL it to your console.