Is anyone good with HTML here?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

meeshabot
City Commander

Is anyone good with HTML here?

Post by meeshabot »

I'm building a website for my aunt and I want everything to be rock solid. Otherwise I normally wouldn't care, my code is generally more on the sloppy side.

Anyways..I've got a splash page until I can arrange the content to build it. But I'm just worried that the image I've got up on there isn't going to be compatible with different resolutions. So my question is how can I make the image a resize based on a percentage of window size?
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Maybe you could try throwing in a javascript like this one?

http://javascript.internet.com/page-det ... image.html
Rocktimus Prime
Powermaster

Post by Rocktimus Prime »

I have made a couple of websites in my time.

Are you using Dreamweaver, or just hard coding it? If you are using Dreamweaver (or possibly another program, but I can't talk with any authority on those) you could try 'fudging' it a bit.

Perhaps make a table that has a width set to, say 80%, so it will automatically stretch to 80% of the window size. Then place the picture inside it, and set it's width to be 100%, rather than it's actual default width. I can't promise anything, and I can't test it out on the computer I am on, but that might be an easy way of doing it.

Having said that, generally if I have ever built a splash page (or just a whole website in general), i don't go past having the site content at 600 pixels wide. This seems to accomodate all possible screen resolutions pretty well.

It also just occurs to me that you could perhaps drop your image into a flash file, and put the exported shockwave file in as your splash page. Shockwave files resize at the correct aspect ratios, I think.