Prayers Requested!

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Prayers Requested!

Post by SentinelPrime »

Hi everyone!

I know this is not transformer-related but I think of you guys as part of my extended family! I have some very sad news to report. Our cat Munchkin, who is 15 years old is slowing dying from kidney failure and this past weekend was the last weekend my famliy and I will ever spend with him. We cannot save him and I have the heart-breaking task of driving him to the vet today to have him humanely put down.

This is problably one the the hardest things I will have to do, but I know it is the best thing I can do for my old friend. He gave us 15 years of unconditional love and devotion and a lot of laughter! It truely pains me to see this once proud and energertic cat slowly fade away. I am struggling as to whether or not to stay with him as they put him down or just leave him there. My gut tells me to stay with him, so he is doesn't die alone. It's just gonna kill me! God, I really love this cat!

Anyone else out there every go through this? How you get past it? Please keep me and my family is your prayers as we go through this difficult time in our livers. I would gratly appreciate it.

I will post again after it is done today. Thanks for letting me write this, it's part of the healing process. God bless you all!

Lance B.
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

I had a cat, Sammy. She was 20 when she died. It killed me to see her sick. She died at home, after numerous trips to the vet. I think you will regret it if you do not stay with him when they do it, even though it will be hard.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

well Lance to be honest,

you're doing your "friend" a favor by ending his suffering journey,
I do advise you to witness his last moments or else you will have regrets afterwards and a feeling of desertion or an easy way out,

the hard part is that you must accept the stone cold facts and live/bear with them, as time is needed to heal wounds...

I do advise you to get another cat afterwards it eases the pain,

I do feel srry for you,

Kup
The past is the greatest teacher
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Im sorry to hear about what you're going through. I had to put my dog down a few months ago because of cancer. He couldnt even walk any more, his legs just didnt work. It was absolutely the hardest thing ever. Im still sad onc ein a while. I couldnt bear to be with him when they put him down. Now I regret it like Kup said. Dont leave until its gone. It will be hard, but you will feel better about it in the end. I will keep you guys in my prayers.
R.I.P. Menasor
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

It's done, he's gone now. I took you guys advice and as hard as it was, I stayed with him as he slipped away. I am glad I was there for him.

Before they injected him, I got a few minutes with him alone and he was purring and was happy I was there, I just know it. He will be greatly missed! I brawled my eyes out afterward, but thus will begin the healing process.

Thanks to all and your supportive comments, very much appreciated!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm glad you made it through, man. Losing a pet can be as hard as losing a person. I'm going to spin this thread over to Gen. Disc. where it will fit in better.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

I'm welling up just reading this..... A few years back, I had to do a similar thing after my cat, Elliot, was hit by a car. I went down to the vets to find a very badly hurt best friend of mine in so much pain... they let me stay with him whilst they administered an injection to put him to sleep. I think about him every day. :cry:

We salute you Munchkin! May you rest in peace and I hope you find Elliot to play with.... he's very friendly :wink:

I wish you all the best, Sentinel. I know how hard it is. I still meet Elliot when I dream, so I know you'll still see Munchkin...
Jetfire is a robosexual
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Bless you, I am so sorry about your pet. You at least have the knowledge that you did right by your pet all these years from beginning to end.
Blitzwing
Powermaster

Post by Blitzwing »

sorry to hear that for real a long while back my cat fred died at like 18 it really sucked but then we got a new pet and thats where i got my dog i still miss him though im not much of a cat person but that was the best cat ever hope you feel better soon :cry:
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

Sammy:

Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

aww. cute!
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

My current cat - Monkey-Bum;

as a kitten;

and now as an adult - in his favourite place. The bathroom sink(!?) :? :shock:

We got him after Elliot left us. He's the oddest cat I've ever come across, and I've owned many throughout childhood up until today... He's extra playful, as he's a house-cat, so he demands attention all day, which he gets - either by being naughty or when I come home from work and play with him.... :D

You'll never forget Munchkin, but another cat will always help greatly. Find the cutest kitten you can and take him in..... he'll give you so much fun and will ease the loss. I keep saying "him" because I've always owned male cats, I find them much more friendly than females usually who can be very one-person-ish. That said, all cats are very different, just like dogs. I'm sure there are loving female cats out there, I just never owned one. I know friends that have had female cats that ignore them but come and sit on my lap when I go round. Cats know cat people and will always go to them - heh :lol:
Jetfire is a robosexual
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

I figure if I ever get another cat, I'll go to the pound and get a death-row kitty and save him before it's put to sleep.
optimusprime
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by optimusprime »

im sorry to hear bout it but i hope your doin ok bud i know what its like to loose a pet u love :cry:
we are all a little wiser, from the knowledge we accumulate from this moment on, the return of optimusprime
http://www.tfarchive.org/portal/
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Ramjet wrote:I figure if I ever get another cat, I'll go to the pound and get a death-row kitty and save him before it's put to sleep.
always a good idea, though they have rescue kittens too :D

Our very first cat was a 10 year old with 1 eye called Twiggy. She was about to be put down and my mum took her. I was only 5, but I remember her well... she was quite evil, but in a sweet way :twisted:

Monkey-bum has that evil streak too.... he plays very rough sometimes, with claws and teeth. Never draws blood, but he really pushes it sometimes.... little sod. :twisted: :lol:
Jetfire is a robosexual
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

Monkey-bum. :lol: I'd love to be there when he gets loose and you have to call for him outside! Why do they always like to sleep in the goofiest places?
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

We are use to having three cats at any given time, so probably sooner or later another little mister kitten will come into our lives. We have two other cats, a dark marked calico named Skittles and a little salt & pepper cat named prissy. Also have two dogs, Angel and Buddy!
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

I had a cat names Zelda she passed away nearly 14 years agao. She was one heck of a fighter she passed away on the or table while they where removing a tummor from her intestins. The doctor said she held on till they removed so much that even if she lived it wouldnt be a healthy life and just passed away. She was 19 years old and to us she was family. My first pet got her when I was 5. I still think about her daily. I understand your pain but I agree get a new pet they will never take anothers place but it does help.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I love black and white kitties. When I get a place of my own, I need to get one
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Aww, that's so sad, do you have a picture of Munchkin?
We had to do the same thing last year with our cat...one hardest thing I've been through :(
The vet administering the needle had the nicest bedside manner, so that helped a bit.
Have you read the rainbow bridge?
http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

very moving especially if you've been thru it :(