Non Transformers wish lists.

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Non Transformers wish lists.

Post by Deszaras »

Just though as we have a Tf wish lists thread why not have a non tf wish list. There are more collectables beyond TF's...

Superhuman samuri cyber squad

Drago (DX version): parts needed:

gold chest plate, right and left monster arms right phormo fist.

zoids.

Zoidzilla - complete

krark - complete

great gorgon - complete

Z bots:
any and all regardless of condition

(post yours non tf wants if you have any.)
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I can always use old Lesney Matchbox cars. Or Impys... Or Tomicas... You get the idea.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I want the original Megazord from MMPR. Also The Green Ranger's Dragon Zord, the White Tiger Zord and the Ninja zords.

I want a complete Voltron.
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

I want a Voltron, but these are so many different ones, I don't know which to get.

GoBots: green Cy-Kill, Road Ranger

He-Man: Whiplash, Scare Glow, Battle Armor He-Man, Mosquitor, Stinkor, Battle Ram

Chuck Norris and the Karate Kommandos: Black Super Ninja, regular black ninja, Kung Foo training Chuck Norris, Reed Smith

Rambo: Mad Dog

GI Joe: Stinger jeep, Cobra Commander versions 8, 15, 17, and 19.

Thundercats: mummy Mumm-Ra, Panthro

Convertors: Feathers, Creeper
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I'm looking for panini stickers that go into the Thundercats sticker book. I need 19 to complete my book. If you have any I will pay you for them happily.

Mods..I apologize, I know that this is a lot off topic I'll edit if you wish no problem.

Scourge wrote:I want a complete Voltron.

Ramjet and Scourge...........

Be really really careful about what kind of Matchbox Voltron lions you buy especially if they are the large sized die cast 80's style Voltron lions! There are so many knockoffs it's horrible. :shock:

The main rule of thumb about Voltron die cast lions is that if they have Taiwan 1981 printed in raised lettering on their lower jaws or just GO LION printed in English 1981 Y&K made in Taiwan ROC Republic Of China on the silver stickers on the lion's stomachs do not buy them, they're knockoffs. On the black lion the silver sticker is between the legs.

First run Voltron lions should have the "Go Lion" Japanese cartoon logo printed on it (In Japanese) and they say 1981 Made In Japan Y&K and have Japanese script printed in a small rectangular box. These lions were made by Popy. The Popy lions bear no marks on their chins at all and with the markings on the stickers described above those signs indicate an original lion. An original Black lion's lower legs should also be made of metal painted with black metal fleck paint. Knockoff black lions are all plastic.

The first run Voltron III boxes have the "Voltron" logo printed in rainbow colorings. This was the first release of the toy in America (minus the ones that the import shops got in before the shows syndication in America and those are mainly the knockoffs too)

The second run Voltron lions will have Bandai 1981 printed on their lower jaws, and the silver sticker should read just TOEI made in Taiwan these second sets are authentic.....but were introduced with a just yellow colored Voltron logo as opposed to the "Rainbow" lettering of the first release.

Never buy a lion that has Bandai 1981 Taiwan printed in raised lettering underneath the lion jaws, these are knockoffs of the second run set. If you want a knockoff that's fine.....but thats one of the ways you tell. Sellers will however charge you premium price for a knockoff piece and sometimes they don't even know they are selling a knockoff. I think sometimes that people assume that since a toy is die cast and painted its a real Voltron lion.

Everyone wants the first Voltron III lions made by Popy, but the Voltron III series that came out a little later by Bandai for Matchbox is a little more cheaply made but also not as expensive from a collector's standpoint.

Another way to tell a knockoff is the paint application quality. An original lion has crisp lines and no overspray on the heads and bodies. The knockoffs look like they were thrown into a fine mist of whatever color the lion is supposed to be and are much darker in color than an original lion. The paint is also not as shiny, especially the candy colors of the green and blue lions. Lastly Voltron lion body halves should meet neatly with no cut out/ground off places. If the underneath of the body halves are not flush or look adulterated with a grinder odds are that the toy is a knockoff.

If you or anyone else needs help checking one I will do my best to help. I'm really trying not to come off as a know it all, but I got taken for a small fortune on an "original" set a few months ago and I want to use my rude education for some good. I still don't know everything about the Voltron sets but this is what I know so far.

If you're looking for a good set of metal lions to start with, Ramjet, but dn't want to spend hundreds of dollars or run the risk of knockoffs I would suggest the metal Trendmasters version. They are rare, but you see a set come up in aucton sites in the box for under $200.00.

These are fairly collectible and people want these if they don't go for the original 80's Voltron sets. They are clearly marked as to what they are and there haven't been any knockoffs of the Trendmasters set yet. There is also an Ultimate Voltron made by Toynami that is super posable and die cast. Its on par with the Masterpiece Transformers series and comes in a nice package that is like a book. It is over $200.00.

LJN the people that made Thundercats also made a "Master Morotized Voltron Force" It had pull back motors that when released propelled the little lions forward. I know where there is one for $50.00 in the box MISB if you want it.

Some people also elect to buy the Voltron sets made by Panosh Place. They're all plastic and are not my favorite. I don't know anything much about those except the lions could accomodate small action figures.
Last edited by Roar on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Ramjet wrote:I want a Voltron, but these are so many different ones, I don't know which to get.

GoBots: green Cy-Kill, Road Ranger

He-Man: Whiplash, Scare Glow, Battle Armor He-Man, Mosquitor, Stinkor, Battle Ram

Chuck Norris and the Karate Kommandos: Black Super Ninja, regular black ninja, Kung Foo training Chuck Norris, Reed Smith

Rambo: Mad Dog

GI Joe: Stinger jeep, Cobra Commander versions 8, 15, 17, and 19.

Thundercats: mummy Mumm-Ra, Panthro

Convertors: Feathers, Creeper

I have a whiplash for you ramjet, im not sure about the weapon though. What is his weapon?
R.I.P. Menasor
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

I really want this baby...
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

halmark light up starwars and startrek orniments perfeably the ships

Gobots: a super warpath (thanks to ramjet to reminding of them lmao)

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

my want list consists of old tamiya or other make R/C vehicles, and all nintendo NES and SNES stuff, i'm really looking after a top loader NES console

Kup
The past is the greatest teacher
Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

Post by Piranacon »

hey cup i have about 100 nes games and 1000 snes games are there any certin ones your looking for?

on a side not there are 2 things im looking for M.U.S.C.L.E. men(from the 80s) and battle beasts(US and japan)
Jose

Post by Jose »

Dinobot wrote:
I have a whiplash for you ramjet, im not sure about the weapon though. What is his weapon?
It's a red spear. You can learn more in here:

http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/toy ... ndex.shtml
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Kup wrote:my want list consists of old tamiya or other make R/C vehicles, and all nintendo NES and SNES stuff, i'm really looking after a top loader NES console

Kup
Hey Kup I got an old NES and some stuff also a snes but the wife still plays it lol but by top loader you mean like the SNES or with the door?

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Jose

Post by Jose »

Goldbug wrote: Hey Kup I got an old NES and some stuff also a snes but the wife still plays it lol but by top loader you mean like the SNES or with the door?
Or maybe he means a Nintendo Famicom (the Japanese version of the NES)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_E ... ent_System
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

The top loader was a redesign of the original NES.

cartidges went in the top kinda like SNES
Last edited by Rodimus Prime on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

My son wants a Wii Game system, which he's getting from good ole Sanit Nick! (Dad want to play with it too!) Main reason for a Wii, it will play all the current Gamecube games we have with our old Nitendo system. And he's getting the Transformers Game...which we both are chomping at the bit to play with!
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

Rodimus Prime wrote:The top loader was a redesign of the original NES.

cartidges went in the top kinda like SNES
yep i'm looking after something like that :wink:

well guys if you have some spare nes cartbridges, don't be shallow to pm me ;)
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Kup wrote:
well guys if you have some spare nes cartbridges, don't be shallow to pm me ;)
I'll have a look for you Kup. Any perticluar carts you want?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

SentinelPrime878 wrote:My son wants a Wii Game system, which he's getting from good ole Sanit Nick! (Dad want to play with it too!) Main reason for a Wii, it will play all the current Gamecube games we have with our old Nitendo system. And he's getting the Transformers Game...which we both are chomping at the bit to play with!
The Wii is an excellent system, I have one. The best part IMO is the Virtual Console feature which allows you to download old games from systems like the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64,etc and play them with the use of the Classic Controller. I hear bad things about the Transformers game.

Kup wrote:my want list consists of old tamiya or other make R/C vehicles, and all nintendo NES and SNES stuff, i'm really looking after a top loader NES console

Kup
A local store around here has a 2 in one system that plays SNES and NES. It goes for about $35USD. This place also carries tons of NES and SNES cartridges and a whole lot of other classic games and used systems. The prices for some of the games are a bit high, though.

The only thing I am worried about though, is that an American NES Cartridge probably will not be compatible with anything other then an American NES console. The reason is that the NES sold here in this region uses the NTSC system while the systems released in other countries usually use PAL. I am sure there is a converter or something for that, though. So it's not going to be as easy as you might think.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

i have no problems with that i have modified my Nes systems so they play import cardbridges too,

@ Dez; nothing in particular i'm looking after just snooping arround after some stuff ,also Nes acesoiries are welcome...
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

I found two Nes games during my search:

Ghostbusters II

and

Burai fighter