Got A Story To Tell?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I've been a little under the weather lately which pretty much leaves my husband to his own devices. Doing such is akin to leaving a ten year old with cash and keys to a car.

He doesn't do bad things he just does... well.....crazy stuff like eat rice krispies with ketchup and tuna when we're out of everything else.

He says its like having a Long John Silver's right at home....I beg to differ!

This afternoon was the end all! (It won't be but for now....)

I asked Westley to please go to the grocery store that we needed milk, bread and food for the cat. I would have gone on the way home but I just wanted to get home and take a bath and drink a shot of whiskey.

I'm sick so its medicine! :wink:

We have a store five minutes away and he was gone three hours. It was rush hour and I knew that the industrial plant down the street was going to empty like a Junkion fire drill so I didn't think much about it the first hour. I thought maybe he had run into a neighbor I haven't quite managed to alienate yet :wink: or a friend.

By the third hour I was starting to get worried and wondered if I should call on his cell phone. I don't like to do that though I really do try to be a good wife and not nag him constantly or demand things.

Also....if me in here is any indication..........I can tell you with all honesty my poor husband needs a break!

I digress...anyhoo.......

Just as I had made up my mind to call.... Wes comes in the door with nothing but a smile. I would describe it as suspect and the insistance of "You shouldn't be up, you should be resting go back to bed!" made me feel uneasy.

I go outside asking "Where have you been?" and Westley reluctantly followed in slience.

And that ain't ever a good thing.

There wasn't any cat food, no milk and certainly no bread in his vehicle. What was in the passenger seat of the truck and floorboards were three institutional food service cans of pork and beans (one dented) and a box full of 500 pairs of chopsticks!

He went clear across Winston-Salem to the Sedge Garden salvage store on a whim found and bought all that junk!

He did go to the store and buy all the things we needed after he unloaded his bounty.

I didn't yell at him I just laughed what little I could and walked away.

(That just creeps him out and makes him worry more anyway)

He could be bringing home taxidermized possums and rabbits with deer antlers in their heads so beans and chopsticks aren't that bad.

Anybody need any chopsticks? I'm serious!
Elita-One
Powermaster

Post by Elita-One »

Cliffjumper and i are forever eating japanese so swing some our way!
A FORCE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THEIR LEADER!!!
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

For those of you that have been here for a while this will come as a suprise, if not a shock....

I came home from work last week and noticed a bag on the table. Nothing wrong with that I hear you say, correct, except in it was in "my room". I said to Debbie, "Did your dad get that for you?" The reply was "No I got it myself....

*At this point the blood drained from my neck and poured onto the kitchen floor as she sliced my throat from ear to ear.*

....she went onto say "Yes Mark, I have been in your room"

*I stand there towering over her by a good 13-14 inches and I am the one who needs a clean pair of pants!!*

Immediately I think, "OK, any second now her head is going to start spinning round and she is going to Vomit all over me. Then send me flying across the room with a right hander!"

It never happened. :shock:

I asked her what she thought and she looked at me. I said were you not impressed?

This was the reply...

"I was afraid of what I would find up there, but there was nothing untoward, it was only your toys. (At this point I wanted to correct her and say "Collectibles" I thought better of it, I'm still alive) You have them well displayed and the big one you got the other day (Fortress Maximus) is very nice looking."

*At this point the doctor screams..Clear!! charge with 300, get me that adrenaline, NOW!!*

A compliment as well :shock: :shock: :shock:

Then, we went on ebay and between then (roughly 10 days ago) and now I have spent £140 gbp, with the view to spending another £10 tonight, using her evil bay account!! There you have it, she has seen the collecton, the room, everything and I am still functioning! After all this time and all that stuff I thought she would have went nuts. I think its more a case of she lets me be 'cos I am not doing any hurt to anyone. It also means I am quiet....most of the time.....sometimes...maybe.

:shock: :D
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Elita-One wrote:Cliffjumper and i are forever eating japanese so swing some our way!

If you're serious PM me! Wes has started poking me with them.

@Commander Megatron

I guess you'll miss the thrill of sneaking around and hiding everything now, huh? :twisted:

That is wonderful! Now you can finish up your dwindling G-1 and this has paved the way for G-2 and the European exclusives. 8)
Commander Megatron

Roar wrote:@Commander Megatron

I guess you'll miss the thrill of sneaking around and hiding everything now, huh? :twisted:

That is wonderful! Now you can finish up your dwindling G-1 and this has paved the way for G-2 and the European exclusives. 8)

Roar you are absolutely correct!! I have already showed her what I want to get and she has ok'd it. Well, she didn't say no anyway.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Wow!

The most shocking part of your story CM is the part where you mentioned you are still alive!!!

So when can we all be as privaleged as Mrs CM and show us your collection? :wink:
Commander Megatron

As soon as I can get RP over to take the pics! :D
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Um Rodimus........ GET YOUR ASS OVER THERE!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :D :D :D

Oh and thats awesome for U CM very happy for ya :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yah. Now wait'll she sees the Euro exclusives come in.
*wifey looks at the strangely bright-colored action master with a strangely colored tank sitting on his head and a gun in hand*
"you paid HOW MUCH for THAT?"
"Ummmm... a hundred and twenty...pence. Yeah, pence."
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

This isn't funny or embarassing but I didn't think it belonged in the "Oooo" section because of its length and me having to explain it so here's a story.

When I was a kid *all* I wanted to be was an archaelologist. My father told me point blank in high school right before I went to college that he wasn't going to pay for me to go to school to learn how to dig squares in dirt with brooms and spoons so that was pretty much the end of that. I'm not bitter about it, I can tell you I'd be a poor scientist because of my impatience and temper. That and I'd be tempted to take things home! Its not a driving force in my collecting but I still have an interest in archaeology and Native American artifacts.

I as you all have to know because I mention it constantly live in Rural Hall, North Carolina. (Piedmont area) At one time a large plank or what the big silver and black historical signs around here call "The Great Wagon Road" ran from somewhere in Georgia and went up to Philadelphia, PA. Parts of the Great Wagon Road before it was the wagon road was a Native American warring and trading path and our backyard was part of it.

Many of my childhood summer hours were spent in the woods trying to avoid my brother and Wes looking for arrowheads and being chased with live black and garter snakes. It scared the you know what out of me but they thought it was funny as... well I won't say it. At least I didn't have to deal with my sister...she was too prissy to go out and fool around in the dirt and sweat.

Over the years I have found arrowhead pieces, nutting stones, smooth pounding rocks, celts and flecks of chert that have no business being in the sandy clay of this area. I liked finding the arrowheads and chert flecks but tools have always appealed to me more.

Well today I tilled a new section of the yard for a tomato patch before it rained I found a large quartzite rock with an ovular shape with a distal temper all the way around it. It is a beautiful piece but I don't quite know what it would have been used for. I gather for cutting but you can cleave things with it too. I know its altered by human hands because naturally a rock would not fracture like that especially not quartz! Its a nice addition to the collection I have.

My husband didn't quite share the joy in my archaeological discovery and asked if we would have tomatoes or a pile of rocks to eat this summer. He knows I'll be picking around and looking when I should be putting out starts! :lol:

I would like to spend a month in Florida! Transformer, fossil and artifact hunting!

(Matt, you will have to get rid of the snakes :wink: )
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I got a nice story to share.

Last year, dad went to go look at a mustang fastback on a farm north of town. It was clapped out, rusted, and partsy, but he asked the owners if they had any other old cars on the farmland. Sure enough, there was a mid-20's model T body at the edge of the woods.

Go to dad's website about our escapades and click "T story":
http://www.savethebeaters.com/
(also, send friends with land and a trailer to this site, so they start saving automotive history!)
So we hauled all the salvageable parts of this T out of the woods on our (my) back.

One year later, we're running the garage sale today. We had also scarfed some other little trinkets from the forest and swamp, as we were told to take what we wanted. One of these was a little cast-iron step that would hang from a carriage door to step up into the carriage. An older gentleman wearing a "WWII Veteran" hat picked it up and asked about it this morning at the sale.

Dad told him that it was from the junkpile of a farm in the town north of here, and the man figured by the unassuming design and wear on the tread of the step, it was from a piece of old farm equipment. So dad related the story about the mustang and the T... and the older gentleman said "That wasn't down bear lake road, was it?"
Sure enough, we'd hauled the T from the farm down bear lake road.
The gentleman got that twinkle in his eye. "was it a touring top ford?"
(the touring body is indicated by the back doors bolted on an otherwise 2-door car body, see pics)

"That was my dad's car. I remember he bought it new in 1926, for $400. We took it all the way to Ashland a couple times, and he'd take us down to Phillips for the county fair..."

We related that the car was found just body and fenders, and that the chassis had been removed or rotted away. Sure enough...

"Well, when the car gave up, we took the chassis out and made a wagon for the farm, and dad dumped the body out by the edge of the woods."

The man took the carriage/ farm equipment step home with him for a conversation piece. Small world!

...See what joy saving beaters from the crusher and the elements can bring?
Commander Megatron

Now that is uncanny!!! TT you hit the nail on the head when you said small world.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Here is a story to kinda tell you what a day can be like a a prison. I decided to eat what I wanted, cause I usally try to stay in shape so I try to eat good,anyways I just ate a iced honey bun and drank a large coffee,this is after I just finshed my lunch.So I am sitting in a chair not able to move cause I am so full,when they call a code 3 ( which is a med. call someone sick or hurt), anyways I go running acting crazy cause I usally walk to these cause its an inmate(hey do the crime do the time),well anyways I arrive to the Heath Care Unit,and look into this cell and all I see is blood,all over the glass window, on the walls,and a huge pool in the floor,this guy had cancer and it ate through his main vein thats in his neck so he is puking blood out his mouth.So here I am got a full stomach,just ran about 100 yards,and now I walk into what looks like someone had been shot,lets say I wasn't feeling that great,no puking but real close.Anyways the guy died right there and about 30 sec. later everyone was back to there jobs,and I go back to my assignment. ( Point of story?nothing really, lets say a boring day at the job is a good day.)
Commander Megatron

I would not wish that on anyone at all. What a horrible way to go. :(
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

:shock: Thats awful!
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Well thats terrible.

I imagine your job is just about as bad or worse as being a customer in the bad boy hotel. I do pity your incident sufferer please don't think I am being flippant about his passing...but I would be willing to wager no one bothers to consider the conditions guards live in while on the job as much as they do the "guests" they entertain.
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

,..Ok I got a story, non TF related but an interesting one.

I've got a house by the beach and a toll bridge up the road to get to my house since I live on a peninsulia that runs parallel right next to main land anything....so being by the shore I'm a bit away from the city and all the night life. About 6-7 years ago I was going out one night to a club or bar or something. So I'm driving over the toll bridge smoking a newport.

As I start to get towards the toll at the bottom I fling my cig out the window. About 2seconds pass and the thing comes back through the window and hits me toward the back of my head with hot ash blowing into my face and all around me and it lands in between my collar and my neck.
(Top dem bridges gots some MIGHTYY WINDS...)

So now I'm flicking and patting this thing to get it off my neck before I get burnt. eventually it feels like it falls from my neck over my right shoulder into the back seat as I'm going through the toll; and right after the toll booth theres an inter-section about 200 feet away where I've got a green light. My thoughts are should I make the green and then pull over , or pull over before the light right away to stop the carpet of my Audi from burning.

Well... I was gonna to try and make the light and then pull over but something just made me pull over right before it. As soon as I pull over... here 2 feet from the street and the green light about to put the car in park a garbage truck goes through THEIR red light into the inter-section where I would have been passing through the exact same moment and crashes into and over the street light in the middle of the road...goes through that onto the other side of the road into a parked car.

I then look over my shoulder to find the cigarette no where on the floor. it happened to still be between my neck and collar with no ash anywhere on the car or me. No marks or anything damaged,...I mean nothing, my neck was clean, my white shirt was still bleached white with not a mark and the Drunk Garbage truck driver was getting locked up by the police who survays the bridge...I got outta the car and watched them get this guy as his partner running down street drunkly, from where the truck came through yelling "Awww *%#, you $@^\ER, THEIR GONNA FIRE BOTH OF US...."

Smoking is bad kids...but in that situation it stopped me from getting my face smashed thru the back of my head by some DWI... :wink:
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Menthol, smooth and lifesaving! 8)

When smart guy and I got married And by married I mean running off to York County, South Carolina where they probably don't care if you're siblings if you have the license fee in cashwe stopped at a small country store to use a pay phone to tell his parents and mine the happy news.

They also couldn't kill us over the phone lines.

Wes called his mother and father. After they hung up on him he called his uncle in Virginia to see if we could crash at his home.

You can just see we just planned out the whole thing to the letter........

Well........

While I was being wished both a happy birthday and being congratulated on our marriage rather loudly by my father Wes bought us some goodies for our two person reception some chips and two eight ounce bottles of Coca-Cola.

My father was rather disgusted with the whole affair he said, "But I thought you hated that guy!"

My mother on the other hand.........and I swear this is the truth........laughed and said "Well, Bob, at least it isn't Megatron Butt" One of my boyfriends had a tattoo of Megs on his back not his bottom. (Thought you'd enjoy that, C.M.)

We got back onto the road headed for Williamsburg, Virginia because his uncle gave us the okay to stay at his beach home near Carter's Grove to swing by and pick up the keys.

We were taking turns driving my first "real" car a 1966 four door Chevrolet Impala left over from High School and that car is huge! You might not believe it but you can put two whole adult human bodies in the back and still have room. Don't ask how I know I just know..... :wink:

Anyway.........

The trunk, backseat and some of the front bench seat too was chock full our belongings from the apartment that my brother, Wes and I shared in college (in Charlotte) because of the end of the year. There was hardly enough room for us to curse a cat much less a bag of chips and two drinks. It looked like "The Grapes Of Wrath" travelling roadshow!

Well we were both enjoying coming up with answers to the questions that we knew for sure we were going to have to answer when we scrounged up enough courage to go home. When Wes finished his drink, instead of stowing the bottle somewhere like someone with some sense... he just pitched it out the window.

Here's the retribution of the laws of physics for litterbugging.....

That confounded Coke bottle bounced off the road and hit the driver's side door and part of the rear quarter panel! It also caught the aluminum trim and dinged it up badly too.

I loved that car and as you can imagine on that monumental day of firsts we had our first married argument on the side of the road next to a peach orchard.

So don't litter and if you're going to elope have a better plan.
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

yah see Roar,... Bottles are not good for getting chucked out the window...
Newports are.... :)

1st arguments are great, its the 111th that usually gets yah...or sometimes the 865,956,175th that ends yah....
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

A couple of years ago, just before Star Wars Episode 3 came out, there was Star Wars Celebration 3 in Indianapolis. My friends and I always joked about going to one thinking we are such dorks, but we made a very unanimous descision to go to this, since it was the last movie being made.

One of my friends was a travel agent, and he was able to score a sweet hotel just a few miles down the road from the convention. It only cost us with his discount $2 a piece! Another friend of mine is a huge Colts fan, so he studied the whole layout of the convention center because it was connected to the stadium, and he wanted to see it if we had the time to see the Colts Stadium.

We decided in our retardedness that we would just buy tickets when we got there. I was just breaking in my new truck on this trip. We made a few stops on the way, having a few lightsaber battles at gas stations :lol: The tickets to get in were $40 dollars a day. Two of us got out to get the tickets, and the other two drove the truck to find a spot to park. When we walked up to the doors, the stormtrooper guard said the tickets were sold out for the whole weekend! We were furious! We drove from Oklahoma to Indiana, a 1600 mile trip to get snuffed like that.

My friend and I, with our heads hung low, walked to where we were to meet the other two. It was really cold, and I wanted to keep warm while waiting, so I went in a set of glass doors on the side. My friend comes by in the truck and my other buddy told him the situation. He says, " How is Steve in the building?" Apparently I was in the Colts stadium crew entrance. He said, "If he can get in that door we're going in"

We all got in the truck and payed $3 dollars to park. We walked back to the doors and strolled in. Since my friend knew the layout, we made our way to the convention center. We all had our phones out and acted like we were part of the whole production! After passing lots of behind the scenes people, BAM! We were in and it didn't cost us more than $1.50 a piece!

We had such a great time. Late in the first day, we were going down a long corridor crowded with lots of people. I asked the guy in the front of the line what was going on. He said it was the fan film festival. I thought to myself, wow that would be cool. One of my friends had kept walking. He turned a corner and we followed him to an open door. He walks in! We follow, and it was the festival auditorium. As we come in, two people stop us. One says, "you guys need to leave!" The other one asks if we were some of the producers. We looked at each other and said "yeah we're producers" He then said, and i still laugh evertime, "Go sit in the VIP section" That was awesome! One of the coolest things ever!

That night, we again, snuck into something else, it was the after party! We had free food and drinks, and we sat at a table with an older gentleman who turned out to be none other than a low key David Prowse! We talked with him a while and moved on once people started recognizing him. This whole time we were supposed to have badges that allowed us to even be on the property, let alone the after party!

The next day went to sneak in again but the side door was locked and guarded. So, we went by way of the hotel the party was in and BAM! In again! It was single handedly the most fun and spontaneous road trip ever, and also the most rewarding, seeing as we paid $6 dollars total to park, instead of a whopping $80 dollars for the two days. I got to meet famous people and get their autographs, see all kinds of star wars fandom, see tons of star wars merch, and see a ton of props including a life size X-wing, all the while we weren't even supposed to be there. I have tons of pics and videos to prove it all too!
R.I.P. Menasor