What are your favorites TV Shows?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

My Shows!
- Heroes
- Carpoolers
- Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares & Hell's Kitchen
- Family Guy
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
- Take Home Chef
- Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations
- Dancing with the Stars (Yeah, that's right, and you can all BITE ME!)

I like to watch a lot of Food Network, as well. Right now I'm watching Lipstick Jungle. That makes it look like I watch a lot of TV, though, and I really don't. I watch a lot more in the summer whenever I can have baseball on in the background...
Rodimus Prime wrote:Roar, Season 2 of heroes got off to a very slow start, the creators even apologised for that and promised the season 3 (now that the strike is over) will be much better.
See, I don't understand that. I didn't think it was slow at all--in fact, I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than the first season. Just because it was more character-driven than action-driven doesn't make it "slow" to me. The creators don't have anything to apologize for.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Arcee wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Roar, Season 2 of heroes got off to a very slow start, the creators even apologised for that and promised the season 3 (now that the strike is over) will be much better.
See, I don't understand that. I didn't think it was slow at all--in fact, I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than the first season. Just because it was more character-driven than action-driven doesn't make it "slow" to me. The creators don't have anything to apologize for.
The fact that they did apologize for it, is something for which they should apologize. ;)

Now I guess I should list my faves, as I am participating in this thread, with backhanded comments on Heroes.

House
Monk
Psych
Mythbusters (though it has gone somewhat downhill in the last season)
Smallville
Rescue Me
Reaper
Pushing Dasies
Burn Notice (only for Bruce Campbell, the male and female leads in this one have no personality whatsoever)

Other than that, just sit me in front of a sitcom, and I am generally happy. I hate reality shows, and will slap anyone that talks about American Idol.

I have watched season one of Dexter, through OnDemand, and thought it was clever, but do not have Showtime, and thus did not see season 2. Dead Like Me was great, as was Odessey 5, but both ended due to burn out.

As for Heroes, I watch it on the rebroadcast on G4 only. I enjoy it, but it is not an all time fave.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

From the contemporary stuff I am a hard core Seinfeld fan. I also love Curb Your Enthusiasm. Other than that, I stick with old stuff.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

TV shows ay.....Futurama, Family Guy, Prison break, House, home improvement, m.a.s.h, probably more. I dunno :D :D :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Here goes my list:
Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International
Heroes
Family Guy
Smallville
American Gladiators
Futurama
Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles
Chuck
Other than those I dont have enough time for more.
R.I.P. Menasor
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

this is my list.
Ghosthunters/ ghosthunters international
animated
heroes
buffy
angel
Here are some of my old time favorites
Airwolf
Old Knightrider/ waiting for new on
this is all for now though i have more.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

Number one: Battlestar Galactica

Others:
Firefly
Farscape
Star Trek (in its many forms)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Seinfeld
Scrubs
How I Met Your Mother
Mythbusters
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Okay, here is the official Magnus list of "Oldies but Goodies." These are not necessarily old shows, but there have been cancelled.

Soap
That 70's Show
Futurama
Sledge Hammer
Arrested Development
Greg the Bunny
Jack of All Trades
The Adventures of Brisco County Junior
Starcade (1980's game show where kids from across the nation would compete with their video game knowledge for a chance to play the latest and greatest arcade games... like Burger Time)
Malcolm in the Middle
GI Joe (Original series only)
Transformers (Gen1 only)
Father of the Pride
Fantasy Island (1990's version with Malcolm Macdowel)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

The above listed are shows that if they are shown in repeat, I will watch regardless of how many times I have seen the episode, or even if I already own the DvD.

Oh, and something for the currently still being made:

Ninja Warrior
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

i'm with magnus onsome of these;

that 70's show (rules bigtime)
malcolm in the middle
tf season 1 (who doesn't love that? )
Futurama ( still looking for season 3 on dvd)
lost
house (just great character play from the man himself)
mtv's Mike Strutter
The past is the greatest teacher
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Hmm...

House
Dalziel and Pascoe
CSI
Extreme Survival
Dr Phil (LOL!!)
Simpsons
Supernatural
Midsomer Murders
Malcom in the middle
Scrubs

:)
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Minerva wrote: Dr Phil (LOL!!)
I knew I couldn't be the only person to like him!! woohoo :)
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Now, Hot Rod, Minerva,....you are both showing three of the four signs of .... :lol:

Have you guys seen the Oprah/Dr.Phil spoof on Robot Chicken?

I gotta' go put that on my list too
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Rodimus Prime wrote:
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Minerva, don't encourage him!!! :lol:

Roar, I haven't seen that spoof. Is it on youtube?
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Arcee wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Just you wait until I get done with my counselling and psychology study... then I will be the one true .... Dr. PHIL..... MWHAHAHAAHAA!!
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Arcee wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

No, I don't think so and I tried every word combination I could think of to draw it up. It is in the second season boxed set of Robot Chicken, and funny!

And what did you guys think of the new Knight Rider? You know...being a General Motors woman I was upset that GM wasn't doing the cars for the series, but I had a happy fit when I saw it was a Shelby Cobra!

I bet Carroll was laughing his butt off during the whole thing with the smell of money heavy in his nostrils. You know he had to have watched it! The old devil has to be getting royalties out of this, God bless him! :twisted: 8)

I wonder how much the knockoff DIY body kits are going to go for? :D

Anyhoo....I have a new show to add to my list! :wink:
Last edited by Roar on Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Okay, just saw the new Knight Rider.

It was full of plot holes. The things that the car did completely defied physics. It was nothing but cheese. In other words it is very much like the original, in that wonderful escapism sort of way.

For those of you whom have not seen it, there are a couple of nods towards the original series, one of which was a complete slap in the face. That is as close to a spoiler as I am giving at this time.

If you can watch an episode of the original, and not yell at your tv for how ridiculous the show is, you may very well like the new series. If you laugh at the old series, well this one is the same joke.

I will not make my judgement, yet, as they seemingly forgot to use the Turbo Boost button. As soon as they correct this mistake, I will probably be a fan. ;)
Last edited by Ultra Magnus on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Arcee wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote: I knew I couldn't be the only person to like him!! woohoo :)

Just you wait until I get done with my counselling and psychology study... then I will be the one true .... Dr. PHIL..... MWHAHAHAAHAA!!
Haha! There's nothing wrong with Dr Phil, right ? :)

Good luck with your studies, RP. :D
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

Ultra Magnus wrote:Okay, just saw the new Knight Rider.

It was full of plot holes. The things that the car did completely defied physics. It was nothing but cheese. In other words it is very much like the original, in that wonderful escapism sort of way.

For those of you whom have not seen it, there are a couple of nods towards the original series, one of which was a completely slap in the face. That is as close to a spoiler as I am giving at this time.

If you can watch an episode of the original, and not yell at your tv for how ridiculous the show is, you may very well like the new series. If you laugh at the old series, well this one is the same joke.

I will not make my judgement, yet, as they seemingly forgot to use the Turbo Boost button. As soon as they correct this mistake, I will probably be a fan. ;)
lol key ellements lost in plotholes.....

i rather liked knightrider as a kid
The past is the greatest teacher
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Ultra Magnus wrote:Okay, just saw the new Knight Rider.

For those of you whom have not seen it, there are a couple of nods towards the original series, one of which was a complete slap in the face. That is as close to a spoiler as I am giving at this time.

The new Knight Rider is an insult to the original show. Another way to destroy the great things of the 80's. KITT was a Trans-AM and should STAY a Trans-AM. I'm fine with the mustang as KITT, but the rims throw it right off! Too flashy! And the fact that William Daniels isn't voicing KITT? Nuff' Said. The fact that KITT now stands for Knight Industries Three Thousand is an insult to the name KITT, and even KITT would say that himself I believe! I loved the original, it's called Science Fiction for a reason!