What are your favorites TV Shows?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

The reason that it is not a Trans-Am is that, nowadays, a Trans-Am is a joke. You only see rednecks driving them, and even they know it ain't what the Bandit used to have.

I was also disappointed that there was no William Daniels (whom will always be debated as to whether he was KITT or Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World in my mind). Kilmer does okay, and I am sure with time, will also become as warm as the original KITT did (which did take a couple of seasons for him to develop a sense of humor).

It has to be a new KITT, meaning the three thousand, as this is a sequel to the original series. They tried twice to make a sequel before. One was with the Hoff, but the Trans Am was destroyed and the computer was put into a 57 Chevy. The second had the car in a post apocalyptic world. They both sucked. The reason they sucked is that the Hoff and the Trans-Am were made for the 80's and need to stay there. The old show was cancelled as the premise just did not work any longer.

They had to update everything. The leather jacket cowboy as you lead character doesn't work anymore. Nobody takes him seriously. Anyone that still looks up to that ideal, is going to come off a bit like Stiffler in the American Pie movies. So, that is pretty much what they gave us. The characters are still a bit one demensional, but I can see where they are going with this, and it should work out.

The original was just as cheesy as it could be. I loved it at the time. I was 10. This new one is as cheesy as it can be. I may grow to love it.... if they start making the car jump over stuff after Mike hits the "Turbo Boost" button. ;)
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Well....everyone has an opinion and I repect them...for the most part I loved the new Knight Rider. I'm a car nut, there was plenty of gunplay and the bad guys didn't get away! 8)

It seems like they borrowed a little bit from the show Viper and the camoflage changing skin of the car.

I'm sure Turbo Boost is going to worked in somewhere in the coming episodes. I like the original voice of KITT but Val Kilmer's voice sounded great too! :D
Last edited by Roar on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Here's my list:

- Stargate: SG1 (It got cancelled way too early. And, I can't wait for the straight to DVD movies to come out soon.)
- Stargate: Atlantis
- NCIS (I haven't seen an episode in forever, but I like it)
- Flash Gordon (sp? Could have better plot, but it fills in my Fri. nights)
- Star Trek: All ( I wasn't a huge fan of Enterprise, but I enjoyed some of the later episodes)

I am positive I am missing a ton of good shows. I have seen the first episode of TF: Animated. I wasn't exceptionally pleased with the storyline. But, I am sure if I tune in for more I would enjoy them.
Last edited by Countdown on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Where did SG-1 fit in the whole Stargate series? Was it the 1st?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

It was the first series. It took place shortly after the Stargate movie starring Kurt Russel.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

yeah I used to love that show 8)

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
QuickSilver
Throttlebot

Post by QuickSilver »

My faves at the moment:

Monk
CSI: Miami
Psych
Family Guy
Scrubs

And pretty much all the old Saturday morning Disney cartoons...
~Quicksilver
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

When you say "old Saturday morning Disney cartoons," please tell me that you are not refering to Recess, Doug, Teacher's Pet and so on. If those are old, then I must be a fogey! ;)
QuickSilver
Throttlebot

Post by QuickSilver »

Actually...yeah. But I only refer to them as "old" because they don't even have Disney cartoons on Saturday mornings anymore. It's all live-action shows like "That's so Raven" and "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody." Some cartoons you can still find on the Disney channels, but my current residence is sadly lacking in cable, so I don't get to watch them anymore. :(
~Quicksilver
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

*Magnus runs down his list of young'uns that need to learn to respect their elders*

Quicksilver....Quicksilver .... CHECK!

:P

Can we please refer to something that is barely ten years old as something other than old??? :D
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Ultra Magnus wrote:*Magnus runs down his list of young'uns that need to learn to respect their elders*

Quicksilver....Quicksilver .... CHECK!

:P

Can we please refer to something that is barely ten years old as something other than old??? :D
To me, something newer than the 90s sounds new! And I was thinking of old Disney cartoons as those of the 40s... Man, I sound like a geezer!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
QuickSilver
Throttlebot

Post by QuickSilver »

LOL! Ok, ok, they're not "old." Just no longer on the air (for those of us lacking cable).

But the really awesome ones (Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, etc.) should be put back on!!

And I wasn't trying to make you feel old... :oops:
~Quicksilver
optimusprime
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by optimusprime »

u do know that duck tales is avaible on dvd right, i know its one of my fave disney shows i have it :wink:
we are all a little wiser, from the knowledge we accumulate from this moment on, the return of optimusprime
http://www.tfarchive.org/portal/
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

optimusprime wrote:u do know that duck tales is avaible on dvd right, i know its one of my fave disney shows i have it :wink:
does that mean your a little quakers lol :wink:

got to admit tho i liked watching and i was in my early 20's lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

QuickSilver wrote:And I wasn't trying to make you feel old... :oops:
Aawww, why not?

*Brings Ultra Magnus his Ovaltine.*

:mrgreen:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

rich chocolate ovaltine?!?!

actually, is that stuff any good?
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Well according to Jean Sheppard's narration of "A Christmas Story"... in the undertones of his voice we could glean that he found it distasteful.

It definitely has a distinct aftertaste to it. Its not bad....its just different, like chocolate and disco mixed together as one.

When we were all sick my grandmother would slather a thick layer of Vick's vapo-rub on our chests and give us hot Ovaltine to drink while she told us stories with a Marlboro dancing between her lips. The poor woman's voice sounded like someone strangling a frog underwater so it was interesting to hear her speak.

We would laugh when the mile long ashes at the end of her cigarette would finally dislodge and she'd say, "Darn it!" (but that isn't what she said :wink: ) and she's dash off her shirt and pick up her story.

Funny the things you remember.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Roar wrote:Well according to Jean Sheppard's narration of "A Christmas Story"... in the undertones of his voice we could glean that he found it distasteful.
"Be sure to ... drink ... your ... Ovaltine.

...Ovaltine? A crummy commercial? Son of a *****!"

That part kills me every time. :lol:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

New great show to add to the list. It will not be for everyone, bit I do enjoy it.

Breaking Bad (from the AMC channel) is a newer series starring Bryan Cranston from Malcom in the Middle. Bryan is playing a character similar to Hal from MITM. He is a high school chemistry teacher named Mr. White, that works a second job at a car wash, to help support his wife and his kid (the kid seems to have MS, but I am not 100% sure on which disorder he has).

Mr. White's brother in law (White's wife's sister's husband) work at the D.E.A. and drags Mr. White along for a drug bust. A meth lab is broken up, and Mr. White sees the basic set up is very inexpensive for a whole lot of profit. Mr. White, always plays the straight and narrow, and would never dream of stepping a toe out of line until....

Mr. White, just a few days after his 50th birthday finds out that his wife is pregnant, and he also just happens to have a terminal case of lung cancer. He has never smoked a day in his life, and it has progressed to the point that even with treatment, he has about a 25% chance of living more than a year.

Mr. White decides it is time to look up a former student, and known drug dealer, to start a meth lab of their own, and clean up. This way Mr. White can provide for his family, after he is gone.

BTW, all of that is just half of the first episode.

This show has a pretty Resevior Dogs feel to it. Bad guys are repeatedly punished, by karma, if not by the law. It is edgy, and raw, and not at all pretty.

Oh, and if you think Cranston was put upon when he played Hal, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Definitely for mature audiences. It definitely has my thumbs up.
Trypticon
Decoy

Post by Trypticon »

Some of my faves:

The Boondocks
Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law
Sealab 2021
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Thundercats
Voltron
He-man & The Masters Of The Universe
Must Destroy Metorplex.