Knight Rider

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Menasor
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Knight Rider

Post by Menasor »

did anyone catch the tv movie for the Knight Rider it was pretty good the new car was awesome
Devastator
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Devastator »

it cant be night rider without david hasselhoff
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

They did have the Hoff. It was how they had the Hoff that was my biggest problem with this whole thing....

Well, that and the absence of the Turbo Boost.

Have I mentioned yet that they didn't use the Turbo Boost to jump over anything, yet? ;)
Devastator
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Devastator »

oh really? someone told me he wasnt in it. my mistake
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

He is not the star of the show, but he made a guest appearance in the intro movie. He hinted that he might make special apperances from time to time as well.

I made a post in the other thread where this is being discussed (yes it was being discussed, but it was starting to derail that thread so I am leaving this one open. ;) ), discussing my feelings about the Hoff and the Trans-Am not being the stars of the show. Let's just say that neither would really work (that Micael Knight character was an example of leftover 70's macho, and the car is so dreadfully out of date that they blew it up in a 90's made for tv movie).

But as long as they start using the Turbo Boost button, this show might have a chance. (Have I said that already? :D)
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

sorry I didnt catch that.....The what button? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Menasor

knight rider

Post by Menasor »

yes the Hoff was at the end of the movie and his son is now the knight rider and you right about the turbo boost but i like its camo stealth mode
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I haven't seen it yet, it comes on where I live this coming Friday. Will give my opinion on it after I see it!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Re: knight rider

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Menasor wrote:yes the Hoff was at the end of the movie and his son is now the knight rider
Now, see that was the part that got me (wasn't going to give that away ;) ). They said the Michael made sure they were hidden and protected, but to have him just walk away from them really burned me. Yes, I know he was supposed to have "died and come back" in order to become Michael Knight, but any father that would give up his family, even in the pursuit of justice, is just low. I am assuming it was his family before the pilot of the original series, and not just the product of one of the many one night stands on the 80's show, and that makes it even worse.

Different care, and different show, I can understand, but to simply have him walk away from them puts the Hoff's Michael into a whole new light.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Re: knight rider

Post by Roar »

Ultra Magnus wrote:
Menasor wrote:yes the Hoff was at the end of the movie and his son is now the knight rider
Now, see that was the part that got me (wasn't going to give that away ;) ). They said the Michael made sure they were hidden and protected, but to have him just walk away from them really burned me. Yes, I know he was supposed to have "died and come back" in order to become Michael Knight, but any father that would give up his family, even in the pursuit of justice, is just low. I am assuming it was his family before the pilot of the original series, and not just the product of one of the many one night stands on the 80's show, and that makes it even worse.

Different care, and different show, I can understand, but to simply have him walk away from them puts the Hoff's Michael into a whole new light.

Didn't Michael Knight fall in love with and want to get married to some woman who got shot and died in the original series? Or am I imagining things? If that's so, and Michael left his first family for the Foundation Of Law And Order (did I get that right?)that more than kind of dulls the shine of the MK character.

Maybe they're trying to make a more drama oriented show with this incarnation, surely they'll bring Hasselhoff's character back in for cameos. I sure hope they have KITT 2000 back!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Well, considering it was in parts in the professors garage.... ;)

Plus if there is any continuity (and there isn't ;) ) in the made for tv movies from the 90's, the two thousand either now lives in a post apocalyptic world with a new driver, or is a 57 chevy. Somehow they released both of these at the same time (within a few months of each other, at least).

For those of you in America, that have not seen it, NBC will be rebroadcasting tomorrow night. Same Knight time, same Knight channel.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

correct me if im wrong but didnt holfs 80 show have amneasia. which is how he was able to walk away from his family?

Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Knight did get hurt one time which resulted in amnesia thinking he was Micheal Long. The pilot ep of the original shows that he was shot and left for dead, and Wilton Knight had him "Restored" with a face lift that made him look identical to Wilton Knight's evil son Garth, but without facial hair. Nobody knew that Knight was Long because Knight had a new Identity created for him.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Goldbug wrote:correct me if im wrong but didnt holfs 80 show have amneasia. which is how he was able to walk away from his family?
If that were the case, then why would he have made sure that his family was hidden?
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Very cool show! Just saw it on Saturday! I love the car and how it can morph itself! There were several scences in the show that were simply incredible! I think it has the potential to be better than the original!

The scientist daughter....WOW!!! Very pretty!

Out of a scale of 1 to 10, I give the show overall a 8!
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

SentinelPrime wrote:Very cool show! Just saw it on Saturday! I love the car and how it can morph itself! There were several scences in the show that were simply incredible! I think it has the potential to be better than the original!

The scientist daughter....WOW!!! Very pretty!

Out of a scale of 1 to 10, I give the show overall a 8!
I was impressed also with the car and i think it had a little bit better writing than the orginal tho have to agree with UM they need to use the turbo button and jump something tho the suv fold up was sweet!!!!

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Did I mention that they need to use the Turbo Boost button more often/at all? ;)

I really thought they did not, because they wanted to at least "try" to follow the laws of physics.... Then I saw the afore mentioned S.U.V. fold up. ;)

Give me a car that achieves lift off for no appearant reason (especially not from a ramp), or just get the Trans Am back. ;)
Menasor

Knight Rider

Post by Menasor »

im hoping for a new series to start and in the 90s tv movie they put kitt into the red trans am and at the end of the show Hoff walked away from the car and got back in the 57 chevy
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

You actually watched the whole thing?

You have more tolerance for garbage than I. ;)
Menasor

Knight Rider

Post by Menasor »

yeah and it sucked but my nephew wanted to watch it and i wanted to see if anything was going to happen that was any good