Any DS/DS lite owners?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Any DS/DS lite owners?

Post by Sixshot »

I absolutely love my DS! In fact, I love it so much that I got my fiancee, my future nephew and in the process of getting my future sister-in-law one! It's kinda ironic that I just found out that my fiancee and her younger sister thought I was a loser for owning a DS, but now they love it! They mostly like the Brain Age and Animal Crossing type games with an occasional interest to play Mario Party or Mario vs Sonic @ the Olympic Games with me and their nephew!

As far as me, I've loved SRPG's and the DS has been on fire with these type of games, especially in 2007! I started loving SRPG's( Strategy or Tactical Role-Playing Games) ever since I bought Shining Force III for the Saturn!

Before I get to far off topic, tho, I just want to say that the Shining Force III series got me hooked on SRPG's, spanning over three separate discs( 2 of which I had to import, but it's nothing new to me, since I've been importing games since the MegaDrive/Genesis days, and I've always been a big Sega fan) and an extra disc that u had to mail out for by sending the Bar code of all three instruction booklets! I was able to catch the 3rd or 4th run of this back in 2001/2002, Thank God, :wink: , otherwise I'd have to pay 100+ to get one off of ebay, :cry:

Okay, back on topic, I just wanted to know if there's any DS owners out there(Phat or Lite, :wink: ) and if so, do u enjoy it? and which games do u play?

I just bought an import SRPG(of course) called Super Robot Taisen W! The Super Robot Taisen( or Wars in English) series consists of incorporating a mix of original Super Robots with popular Anime Mecha(i.e. Gundam, Evangelion, Escaflowne, Macross/Robotech, Big O, Full Metal Panic, Mazinger Z, Raidiam, Tekkeman Blade, etc.)! They actually use the original pilots from the respective anime, interacting flawlessly with your character which u can appropriately name in most of the series except for the Original Generations games on the GBA, which brings me to another point of why the DS is so great! Backwards compatibility with the Gameboy Advance!

The Super Robot Taisen game that I recently picked up features GoLion, which was one of the main reasons why I picked it up! I also have the Dreamcast version which was a port of Super Robot Wars Alpha on the Playstation! Unfortunately, Transformers was never in the series, probably due to the Transformers being un-manned( However, they could use the Masterforce Headmaster Jrs., but who knows)!

There's so many fun games to play on the DS and I was just wondering who @ TFL also shares my interest! We can possibly play online 2gether if u have a wireless router and a similar game that has Wifi Connection capabilities, :wink: ! So this board can also turn into a Friend Codes exchange, as well!
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

ds addict here,
used to have a normal but upgraded to a shiny black lite

i've installed a firelink in mine, so i down what i'm in the mood to play,
The past is the greatest teacher
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Nice, Kup! It's good to see another DS user! I had the Phat for awhile but upgraded to the Link DS lite during Black Friday sales! I was against upgrading, but once I did, I can see why my friend was making fun of me! The way u can manipulate the lighting on the Lite is such an improvement!

So do u download games? If so, do u know anything about homebrew, 'cause I'm kinda interested in making my own games or using it for art!
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

I have had a GB since day one. I started with the original release, then went I skipped the color and went to the Advance. current I have my Advance, an SD and my DS lite(white).
I don't have many games for my DS, just brain training, Sims Pets (it came free with it) and TF:Autobots.
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Rodimus Prime wrote:I have had a GB since day one. I started with the original release, then went I skipped the color and went to the Advance. current I have my Advance, an SD and my DS lite(white).
I don't have many games for my DS, just brain training, Sims Pets (it came free with it) and TF:Autobots.
Ha! I have both Autobots and Decepticons! It's for when my nephew plays with me, and u already know which side I choose, :wink: ! My nephew has a couple more years b4 he can beat me, tho, but he's gettin' there, especially when I pick a significantly weaker character like a generic car Decep' versus Ironhide, :shock:

NOW THAT'S A CHALLENGE, :P

The misses is addicted to Brain Age 2(Got her the bundle)! I always bring up how she shuushes me, just how I used to do her, :P
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

I still have my old first release DS. [the lite is too small for me.]

My games for it are few and far between. [Metriod prime hunters, resident evil deadly silence, nanostray and sonic rush.]

I do enjoy playing it though but mostly I just use it to play my steel empire GBA cart.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Deszaras wrote:I still have my old first release DS. [the lite is too small for me.]

My games for it are few and far between. [Metriod prime hunters, resident evil deadly silence, nanostray and sonic rush.]

I do enjoy playing it though but mostly I just use it to play my steel empire GBA cart.
Very nice, Dez! Do u play Metroid online? If so, let me know your Friend Code and I'll give u mine and we can play one of these days!

By your sig, I can tell u have a liking for Gundam?! If so, u should definitely check out one of the Super Robot Taisen games for the GBA or the new DS game! The only problem is that they're in Japanese, but gamefaqs.com has tons of translations for the menus and the all important story! I also have a ton of other links that translate every little detail, so it'll be like your playing the English version! Let me know if u r interested!
Menasor

ds lite

Post by Menasor »

i have a black ds lite and i love it and all my kids have one as well
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Very nice Menasor, :wink: ! I had to get my nephew one and when I have kids, they'll have one 2, :wink: !

What games do u have, BTW, Menasor :?:
Menasor

ds lite

Post by Menasor »

i have superman returns and the transformers and a few mario games and the starwars revenge of the sith and lego starwars
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Very Nice! A Star Wars Fan, I presume?
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Sixshot wrote:
Deszaras wrote:I still have my old first release DS. [the lite is too small for me.]

Very nice, Dez! Do u play Metroid online? If so, let me know your Friend Code and I'll give u mine and we can play one of these days!

By your sig, I can tell u have a liking for Gundam?! If so, u should definitely check out one of the Super Robot Taisen games for the GBA or the new DS game! The only problem is that they're in Japanese, but gamefaqs.com has tons of translations for the menus and the all important story! I also have a ton of other links that translate every little detail, so it'll be like your playing the English version! Let me know if u r interested!
I never bought the online adapter. Is it worth it?

If I can find the gundam game I may look into it but I really want the newest advance wars game at the moment.

Just finished phantom hourglass today. Worth getting but it's quite easy.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

The newest Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin is excellent! It's got a grittier feel and they dumbed it down a little to balance it out for online play(which is flawless, BTW, and u can play cooperatively[my fav] or competitively) although it doesn't take away from the fun of the game at all!

As far as the adapter that Nintendo manufactures, I'd recommend not getting that because various people including friends of mine have complained about its quality! If u have a wireless router or u are looking into getting one, I'd recommend going on nintendowifi.com and checking the compatibility of your particular router u have or which one u have the best chance of getting! Otherwise, if u have a BestBuy nearby, they have a wireless tongle u can buy for like $30-$40 and I've heard good reviews about that! It's the way to go if u want a cheap solution to a wireless router!

I had to purchase a wireless router, 'cause the tongle isn't compatible with Mac's, :evil:
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Wow, only a handful of DS owners on here, eh?
Blitzwing
Powermaster

Post by Blitzwing »

i got a white ds lite and i .........................................................love it :D
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Good 2 hear, Blitz! So what games do u fancy :?:
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

playing ; hotel dusk room 215

addictive click and point game, some times things don't line up but its worth the trip...
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

I was really into gettin' that, but I have so many games as is, so I never got around to it! I'll definitely pick it up, eventually, 'cause I love point and click games! Ever play Snatcher or Policenauts?
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

don't know them both...

i'll give em a try
Blitzwing
Powermaster

Post by Blitzwing »

well i only have a few but my fav is mario kart other games i have are new super mario bros starfox command king kong and transfromers autobots(the only reason i got autobots is that i heard it was a little harder)