Other Hobbies

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

TheDawg
Powermaster

Other Hobbies

Post by TheDawg »

Well as I'm not really a collector of anything else, i thought I'd just share a few photo's of what else I do/enjoy.

Carp fishing
The boss and me

Also enjoy building track cars. Here's some pics of Bruce, my recent project.
Rover Metro GTI - 1800VVC Lotus Elise engine, running 175BHP and weighing just 850KG - complete strip down and rebuild with uprated everything! lol :lol:

I have a few videos of him in action on track and the strip which i'll post if anyone's interested.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

sweet rebuild,

+1
The past is the greatest teacher
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Thats awesome!
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Holy carp!
Nice sleeper-Lotus!
TheDawg
Powermaster

Post by TheDawg »

Cheers for the comments. I've tried to leave it looking as standard as possible from the outside. The only 2 things that give it away slightly is the backbox and the larger brake conversion which now shows up the calipers red.

It's also had a full re-spray and the engine itself has covered just 23,000 miles so it almost like a brand new car now! Not bad for a 15 year old car :) The best time for quater of a mile is 14.1 but am hoping to get into the low 13's high 12's later this year after a couple more engine modifications.

Here's a couple of Videos of it on the strip. The first ones against my mates Nissan 200SX which is pushing 250BHP and the second one is against my other mates VW Golf 1.8 20V turbo :)

Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

NICE!!! I love fishing too we dont get fish that big where I fish though :lol: Sweet car too, nice times :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
TheDawg
Powermaster

Post by TheDawg »

Cheers, yeah, fishings my way of relaxing, sitting by the side of a lake/river for several days with the boys, trouble free :)

I know the Metro's not a 10 second car but that's all down to getting traction from a standing start. With it being front wheel drive it's difficult to get all 175 horses to grip in such a light car even with an LSD. From a rolling start is a different matter though, it'll keep up with the likes of Impreza's, standard to lightly tuned skylines GTR's etc... and will pull all the way to 149.6 mph :shock: It makes up for it's lack of grip from a standing start with it's superb handling on track :)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

TheDawg wrote:Cheers, yeah, fishings my way of relaxing, sitting by the side of a lake/river for several days with the boys, trouble free :)
Fishing is great! I can't wait for this summers fishing trips! :)
-Will me and my friend finally catch five pike in one day so that we can buy a new landing net?
Tbc... :P