Super GoBot Fans

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Super GoBot Fans

Post by SentinelPrime »

I recently purchased some Super Gobot Figures. I just got in today the Super GoBots figures WarPath and the complete six car set Combiner Puzzler. He is really cool and in surprisely good shape! Stamp on each of them states: Bandai Japan 1984. I snagged him for $60 bucks which I thought was a pretty good deal! WarPath is also in great shape and got him for $19.99. Good and stiff joints still!
I also have coming and will post pics of them when I get them: Spay-C and Twin-Spin another Helicoptor.

Here's the pics of the Puzzler Combiner and WarPath. Tell what you think of them!

***WarPath:

Here's a little history I didn't know about the Puzzler figure and found it interesting:

"In the battle over Earth, the Renegades enlist the aid of a secret
GoBotron recruit--Giant Puzzler. Made up of six unusual GoBots,
Puzzler Pieces each turn from Robot to Vehicle, and each possess a
specific Mighty Skill: Pocket's karate hand moves faster than the
eye. Crossword has the crushing strength of six GoBots. Tic Tac is
the evil mind behind Puzzler's schemes. Jig Saw, the master of
disguises, bends into any shape. Rube's super senses feel the
slightest movement. Zig Zag has the furious speed of a striking
snake. When their powers combine, they become a formidable force.

However, Puzzler has one weakness--and the Guardians have uncovered
it. Should even one Piece be unable to join with the others, the
Mighty Strength will fade away. Each Piece must then rely on his own
specific skill to survive. The Guardians must keep Puzzler from
piecing together. The fate of the Earth depends on it!"

The Puzzler robots did appear in one episode of the Challenge of the
GoBots cartoon, "Auto-Matic," but they were essentially mindless
drones created by Cy-Kill in the same vein as the Decepticon cars from
"Make Tracks." They were operated by remote-control and none of them
had independent personalities, they were even destroyed by the end of the episode.
I never saw this episode myself, but would like to.
All the Puzzlers are named after types of puzzles; The Puzzler team is comprised of: Tic-Tac, Pocket, Zig Zag, Rube, Jig Saw and Crossword.

Now the pics of Puzzler Combiner:

Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Best part about Go-Bot combiners: no feet/fists/connectors/HEADS to lose!
vectorsigma
Targetmaster

go bots

Post by vectorsigma »

those combiner ones are cool

R.I.P Menasor
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

They look great SentinelPrime, thanks for sharing!

Warpath is one of the next Super Go-Bots I am on the lookout for, along with Bugbite. I am also interested in finding a Puzzler too, as I think he looks cool.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Count me as one of those people who.... Well, like GoBots! So what?! Seriously, I like a lot Puzzler (took me several years to find a Tic Tac, which was found thanks to TT). In my opinion they are, in car modes, better than the Stunticons: Rubber wheels, accurate rims (model wise), more detailed front and back lights and the best of all: No accesories required. The robot modes are way clumsy, but I think it's part of their charm. Of the Super Gobots my favorites are Baron vonJoy and Herr Fiend (you can notice a trend in here). But all of them are quite respectable, they are high quality pieces, underrated. Maybe all because of the lousy show and stupid names? Probably yes. Otherwise, they are very interesting toys worthy of any robot collection.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

The only one I was disappointed with was Defender. I never had him when I was a wee lad, and when I got him, he is very small in size compared to the other Supers. Cool mold, though.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

ihave a number of go bots, i like the sturdy construction of some of them...
The past is the greatest teacher
DJ Soundwave
Throttlebot

Post by DJ Soundwave »

I never really cared for Super Gobots as much as the regular sized ones..... especially since they didn't make asmany as they did the reg. ones..... and Puzzler is one of my Favs , but I always wished that the individual parts were a little smaller so that they would look nice beside the regular Gobots....you know what I mean...

But back to Super Gobots , I wished that they made a Regular sived version of the Orange Truck..I think his name was Trax(not too sure ? you know the Orange Rig.... since he wis in the Cartoon alot .
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

DJ Soundwave wrote:I never really cared for Super Gobots as much as the regular sized ones..... especially since they didn't make asmany as they did the reg. ones..... and Puzzler is one of my Favs , but I always wished that the individual parts were a little smaller so that they would look nice beside the regular Gobots....you know what I mean...

But back to Super Gobots , I wished that they made a Regular sived version of the Orange Truck..I think his name was Trax(not too sure ? you know the Orange Rig.... since he wis in the Cartoon alot .
You mean "Stakks". That's the only Super Gobot I have at the moment, but I'll be looking forward to get the version with the trailer.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
DJ Soundwave
Throttlebot

Post by DJ Soundwave »

Jose wrote:
DJ Soundwave wrote:I never really cared for Super Gobots as much as the regular sized ones..... especially since they didn't make asmany as they did the reg. ones..... and Puzzler is one of my Favs , but I always wished that the individual parts were a little smaller so that they would look nice beside the regular Gobots....you know what I mean...

You mean "Stakks". That's the only Super Gobot I have at the moment, but I'll be looking forward to get the version with the trailer.

Yeah that it Stakks....
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Well...I've officially got the fever for CERTAIN Super Gobot figures. I definitely like the two combiner robots, Puzzler and Monsterous. I now have added to this collection: Warpath, Spy Eye, Spay-C, Super Couper, (VERY COOL CAR!), and Denfendor, anda small jet called Heat Seeker.

Here's the pics:

Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

Post by Piranacon »

ok im have never been a big gobot fan even as a kid...but seeing that monstrous i must have one if any1 happens see find one let me know

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Here's a Ebay Auction link to three of the Monsterous Figure, Piranacon:

At least it's a start! I will keep a look out for another complete one too!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

I've recently fallen in love with some of the Gobots. I love Baron Von Joy and Herr Fiend because...well...I just like saying their names. Some of the planes are reallyt cool also. I always laughed at them, but looking at them now I think it's a pretty cool series.
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

Wow! Super Couper's not cheap! Nice score.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Yeah..I paid $60 bucks for Super Couper, but he is WAY worth it! He is problably one of my most favorite of the Gobots. I've got a mint conditioned Yellow Bug Bite coming soon! I'm struggling with whether or not to get the Staxs truck and trailer set. Is it worth it? In the pics it looks a little cheap made looking! Plus I'm not sure I like it NOT having a real head! Comments: Yea or Na, anyone???
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

Most of the Super Go-Bots don't have proper heads, though. I don't have a Stakks (yet) so I can't help you there. Rumble should be along shortly.
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

Here I am Ramjet!

Staks is OK as far as Super go-bots go, but he is made almost completely of plastic. He has plastic wheels and tyres, his chest is plastic in fact really the only major die cast is his legs. So he does feel a little cheap compared to the others. Also if you don't like the non-face go-bots, then Staks is possibly the ugliest out of all of them as he doesn't even have a neck!

Don't get me wrong, I like Staks (he's the best condition one I have) but he isn't my favourite. As for the trailer I believe that it is made from die cast, but I haven't got one myself so I can't be 100% on it.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Another very impressive Gobot figure!! A mint conditioned Bug Bite. I am truely impressed with the attention to detail and quality of this toy! Bug Bite and Super Couper are my two most favorite figures so far!!

Heres the pics:

Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

Sweet Bug Bite!