Anyone here like magic?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Anyone here like magic?

Post by Sunstorm »

I'm very much into close up magic and have been a member of my local magic circle for many years, mainly doing card tricks, but I like to work with string and coins too sometimes...

This is by far one of my most favourite tricks;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TIGwTxyHpA

Not particularly because of who performs it (I can normally take or leave Paul Daniels...), but how he performs it.... Whilst I'm quite good at sleight of hand and various techniques, it's the patter that Paul Daniels attaches to this fairly simple trick that is just astounding :shock:

Anyone else got any favourites, or anyone else perform magic from time to time? :D
Jetfire is a robosexual
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

refering to magic is taken in two ways, the true magic, or the slight of hand or illutionary magic. I don't do the slight of hand stuff but it is cool. Have you ever watched Chris Angel mind freak, he is by far the most amazing illusionist, he'll even make you wonder if its real.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

*goes to youtube to check out Chris Angel*

I tend to only study stuff that I'm capable of, which is very, very limited compared to what some guys can do... It's my patter that suffers and shatters some tricks I try in front of an audience :( I work better in pubs and such where small numbers of people have had one too many - they're easier to hold attention to do the trick and get outta there :lol:

Have you ever seen Derren Brown, Nightshade? He's one of the most amazing mentalists ever and is more than capable of some of the more traditional illusions too... like Chris Angel, Derren does things that truly make you wonder if he is some sort of gifted being... the great thing about Derren though is that he almost always tells you that what you're seeing is illusion, and whilst he doesn't reveal his techniques totally, he does reassure you that it's just very clever illusion. He's the most amazing mix of magic/hypnotism/psychiatry... I'm sure he's a witch, or the son of the devil :lol:

Just watched a few Chris Angel bits - woah, that's scary! Pulling a woman in half :shock: :shock:
Jetfire is a robosexual
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

I've seen some other people but no one has impressed me like Chris Angel has. The thing that alwas gets me with his is that he will perform anywhere he goes and hardly ever is in a controlled theater setting.

Chris Angel rocks, you shoud see his levitation stuff, that will blow your mind. I swear the dude has found the secret to flight, I've never found any means for illusion, no ropes no nothing, plus he does the levitating anywere and to hisself to :shock:

oh and your reference to either beig a witch , or a devil worshiper should be kept in very opposite directions. I am wiccan and I don't believe in the devil or in being bad.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

ravennightshade wrote:

oh and your reference to either beig a witch , or a devil worshiper should be kept in very opposite directions. I am wiccan and I don't believe in the devil or in being bad.
No, no - I wouldn't refer to Derren as a devil worshipper - I have wiccan friends and totally understand that it's not "evil" as many will have us believe... It was just a reference to his abilities being almost non-human is all. Sorry if I caused offence, I really didn't mean to :oops:

If I'm honest, I don't believe in the devil, god, or any other comparable beliefs myself, but I certainly wouldn't want to mock them either. Again, I'm sorry if I caused offence :(
Jetfire is a robosexual
optimusprime
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by optimusprime »

i like seeing people you dont like disapear :wink:
we are all a little wiser, from the knowledge we accumulate from this moment on, the return of optimusprime
http://www.tfarchive.org/portal/
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

optimusprime wrote:i like seeing people you dont like disapear :wink:
:lol:

Good one manny - I can side with that. Someone should do that with Sharon Osbourne, I can't stand her :x :lol:
Jetfire is a robosexual
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

*picks up the remote, presses the power button, she disappears* see? i'm magic!
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

hahaha good one TT :lol:

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".