offshore drilling

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

botannica
Targetmaster

offshore drilling

Post by botannica »

Do you approve or disapprove of it?
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Its about time we get in gear for offshore drilling, China has more offshore platforms in the Gulf of Mexico than the US does. Not drilling just lets countries with less of a concern for the environment move in and do a poorer job of it.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

undecided here but the us needs to be more independant as far as oil goes but there are so many other forms of energy that is just as good if not better than fosil fuels that the big oil companies have bought the rights too.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I am all for it! If we'd been already drilling for more oil here in the states, we could most definitely decrease our dependance on foreign oil. And gas prices would come down considerably. And I do believe safe drilling can be accomplished without harming the environment. I hate to said the sad truth but the environmentalists of our country are doing more harm than good by protesting against the need for more platforms and drilling!

The sad truth is we have plenty of oil reserves already stockplied to last us for over many more years, but the news media doesn't want to report that to the public! So meanwhile the gas price gouging continues and we continue to be at the mercies of foreign countries for most of our oil! :x
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Its the same here Sentinel, they drill and sell it on and then buy it back at a dearer price!!!?!!!??? WTF is that all about? I lived with a guy who worked on the oil rigs, he would tell me stories of when the anchors broke in a storm and they floated 300 miles away from where they should have been. He was the Chief Medical officer (Ratchet!!) on the "boat" as he called them. He was given money on the quiet to "turn a blind eye" to certain things.

He also told me another story of what happened to a guy who had something he shouldn't have. He was coming up through the hatch, which was a massive lid like on a submarine. As he put his hands up to get himself out two of the workers dropped the lid on his hands. He will never work again. Personally I would have waited and dropped it in his head for what he did. :x :evil:
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm on the fence on this issue. I'm all for getting rid of our foreign dependance on oil, but at the same time, I know our government and scientists can do more then continue to use gasoline based engines! We're America! We can do better. Why don't we? Because the government and the rich oil companies like Exxon and Mobile are making Billions off of our dependance on oil. So who's taking the fall for it? Us. We the everyday citizens who work so damn hard for a living only to be ripped off by those corporate asswipes who gouge our prices for the hell of it! I'm sick of this government and I am sick of this world!

Btw, excuse my language. This is a subject that I don't like to talk about and it really makes me hopping mad!
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I'm with Sideways
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Sideways wrote:I'm sick of this government

... Joke poster aside, I think there are a lot of people who feel that way too, Sideways. But everyone is too afraid to actually pull together to DO something about it--our gov't has placated us through scare-tactics, and it makes the situation feel hopeless.
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

Something needs to be done :twisted:
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Oh, believe me, there will be a revolution someday.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

You're right Hot Shot!
Something does need to be done.

And so to get something done, I have decided to run for President of the United States of America!

I'll BLAST gas prices to a new low!
I'll take the billions and billions of dollars given to the oil companies
And I'll give it to the companies that are trying to make a safe alternative fuel for our vehicles.

We wont' need to go to war for oil!
I'll bring the boys and girls back home so they can protect our OWN borders!!! (you know... the borders all the terrorists are crossing right now!!)

Social security, Disability and Health insurance will be given to those who need it.

NO CELL PHONES WHILE DRIVING

The West Wing of the White House will be dedicated to Transformer collectors.

Every night 10:00pm will be known as GIGGITY HOUR

Transformers will get their own TV channel and show cartoons from all eras and countries

And what other country leader would want to start **** with a 50 foot tall purple laser cannon with a short fuse!?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

ALL HAIL GALVATRON!
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

I'll vote for you...even though you are a decepticon. :D

Couldn't be any worse than the Republicans and Democrats :twisted:
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

lol all hail Galvatron as I live in Australia i have no idea wat u guys are talking about... well i sorta do I just dont watch the News. Bring back horse and carts I say :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Please run Galvatron, I dont want to vote for either jack-ass thats running right now.
R.I.P. Menasor
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Every one in the us vote for Galvatron and we should get Bugbite for vice presedent!!!!! or better yet a Goldbug!!!! so both factions are listed but I think I would be worse to be in office!!!! Illegal emagrents get guns and sent to fight for there right to be here. I have other ideas but I rather go to the west wing and play right now C-ya :lol: :lol:

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Dinobot wrote:I dont want to vote for either jack-ass thats running right now.
Ugh. I hear ya.

Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Arcee wrote:
Dinobot wrote:I dont want to vote for either jack-ass thats running right now.
Ugh. I hear ya.

I think I'll write in Galvatron. I like his policies and I hear that he is a sound leader despite the insanity inducing spa he was going to soak in regularly.

Kremzeek should be vice president.

Reporter: "Mr. Kremzeek what sort of change are you going to help Galvatron enact as vice president?"

Kremzeek: "Kremzeek, Kremzeek-kremzeek kremzeek."

Reporter: "And you and Mrs.Kremzeek have several children, Mr.Kremzeek?"

Kremzeek gets out a glowing wallet and points to pictures of two sparks saying with pride: "Kremzeek, kremzeek."

You know...that is what makes me the most sick about politicians. Every time they campaign they have to trot their wife and kids out for election commercials. You reproduced big deal...I can do that does that mean anyone will be impressed?

Also everyone's favorite buzzword is "Change" oh there are going to be changes around here!

You know having a politician in office for the amount of time is like that political person being married to the people. When you hear "Changes will be made" right before or right after the vows are given its time to run for the hills!

No one ever mentions what kind of change. You know change is not always such a good thing.

Hey, I can think of several despots in the 20th century alone who made "changes" and they were't that good.

What if the change makes things worse than the previous situation?

I had threatened to not even bother voting but if I want to complain I will for the pleasure of such. Just once just one golden time I wish for once a politician would make an honest commercial so that we couldbe informed voters and know once and for all what we're getting into.

"Hi, my name is (insert your politician here) and I want to be your representative. I am going to dedicate my four years in office to getting drunk, obtaining all the free perq stuff I can get my mitts on, taking money under the table for illicit deals you'll never hear about :wink: and dedicate every moment I am not on a golf course kissing someone's behind trying to get money for my next re-election campign to serving my friends, my contributors and my own interests well.

This is my assistant, get to know him/her I have one to help me because I am dumb as a post! I won't be in my office doing my job most of the time anyway so it will be up to this person to half read all the paperwork that comes into my office and give me the Cliff's notes version of the law so I can see if I agree with it or not. All of you will not even fit into the picture.

In four years after you've hopefully forgotten what a fiasco my edible gingerbread bridge over I-40 was and what I did over that one weekend with the minor league hockey team that one timeyou found out about........ I will bring a new bunch of lies to the table for you to eat up. As long as I wave an American flag, faked morality and apple pie over it you will! Hey at least I told the truth which is why you'll never elect me anyway! I approved this message." :roll:

Of course you might not so I will get rid of it if you wish.
Last edited by Roar on Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

:lol: I like that :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

WOW!!
I've already got more votes that Bush did on his first election!!!

JUST ADDED..........

I would also legally change the L in the word "election" to an R

GIGGITY GIGGITY