R.I.P. George Carlin

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

R.I.P. George Carlin

Post by Ramjet »

He was my favorite comedian. Here's one of my favorite bits, cracks me up everytime. It's Carlin, so there is a bit of language in there, but it is fairly tame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1c-Y0Qxv-M
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

He was here in Michigan last year....wish I would have gone now :cry:

I told my son today that the voice of Thomas the Tank Engine died.....he said no he didn't he was on last night.

Gearge narrated a childrens show for those of you that don't have small kids.

He will be missed.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I found out this morning. I loved his standup. When I worked at blockbuster video, I would play his standup at closing time.
R.I.P. Menasor
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I liked him in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

Remember the rules to Hitchhiking??! :P
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I told my son today that the voice of Thomas the Tank Engine died.....he said no he didn't he was on last night.
Oh the wisdom of children! I love the way kids think!

He will be missed.

I know! I loved in his "You Are All Diseased!" concert where he was on a long diatribe about people being martyrs for their children he said,

"And this is Mr.Conductor talking...."

I always got a chuckle out of that him going from the 7 words you can't say on television to "Bust my buffers!" :wink: :lol:

And God bless Lenny Bruce too, for if it were not for Lenny being an influence on George I don't think Carlin would have been the comedian he was.
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

The world is a little less funny today than it was yesterday.

Tomorrow's english language is likely to be more euphemistic (PC) that it was yesterday as well.

His comedy approached philosphy in its prophetic and profoundly biting wisdom. He was a genius and he will be sorely missed.

Every free-thinking american (human, really) who loved to ask difficult questions and laugh about the most serious of subjects has lost a true friend.

Good bye George.

And if anyone wants to TRULY respect his memory, please start by NOT forwarding any of that e-mailed garbage that you may have recieved which has been attributed to him. I know almost all of Carlin's material by heart, and he wrote less than 1% of the utter horse-pucky that's hit my inbox bearing his name. (The man even said so himself: check out snopes, or his own website.) If you've recieve a long list of "Carlinisms" it's almost certain that it's not. Unless you know for sure that it is: Just delete it. If you do know for sure that it's not: Show your respect by eductating the bozo that sent them to you!
Lennyluck

Post by Lennyluck »

Niceguy wrote:The world is a little less funny today than it was yesterday.

Tomorrow's english language is likely to be more euphemistic (PC) that it was yesterday as well.

His comedy approached philosphy in its prophetic and profoundly biting wisdom. He was a genius and he will be sorely missed.

Every free-thinking american (human, really) who loved to ask difficult questions and laugh about the most serious of subjects has lost a true friend.

Good bye George.

And if anyone wants to TRULY respect his memory, please start by NOT forwarding any of that e-mailed garbage that you may have recieved which has been attributed to him. I know almost all of Carlin's material by heart, and he wrote less than 1% of the utter horse-pucky that's hit my inbox bearing his name. (The man even said so himself: check out snopes, or his own website.) If you've recieve a long list of "Carlinisms" it's almost certain that it's not. Unless you know for sure that it is: Just delete it. If you do know for sure that it's not: Show your respect by eductating the bozo that sent them to you!
Agreed,
The world will be a less funner place without him.