Plumby nut

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

botannica
Targetmaster

Plumby nut

Post by botannica »

Has anyone heard of this miracle food that is saving African starving children?
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

It was on 60 Minutes. Is a wonderful idea and has probably helped save thousands of children from starving to death and thousands more from diseases attributed to malnutrition.

The manufacturers make it in both paste and cookie form for children and infants and one serving is supposed to deliver all the vitamins and minerals a child would need for one day I believe. It has more nutrition in it than other aid foods because it is enriched.

Kids like it and eat a lot more of it than they did of other rice and cereal based emergency foods because it is sweet and in a form that they like both texturally and visually. Many people will not eat certain foods even if they are starving because it is asthetically or culturally unacceptable to them. This food also is based on peanuts so it can be eaten by people of different religions be it Jewish or Islamic in nature and not be against any religious tenants.

I just hope the aid the UN and other agencies give makes it to where it is supposed to go. I wish that the governments of these developing nations would take on a more active role in the task of helping their own people themselves.

Just my own opinion.