usps parcels ?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Catilla
Gestalt Warrior

usps parcels ?

Post by Catilla »

this is just mainly for anyone in the uk who might know .
but dose anyone know who delivers the parcels in the uk once a parcel gets delivered from the states ?
i do have a tracking code but the info says an atemp was made to deliver today, but if this is true its getting delivered to the wrong address, anyone know who i should contact ?
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

Post by ghostinthemachine »

have you tried calling the parcel service , give them the tracking number and your name and find out where it is they should be able to tell you something
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

My items normally come via Parcle Force when I order large packages from the States. Hope this helps. :wink:

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Catilla
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catilla »

lol the only number i could find on the usps site was in the states, but i found the company whos delivering it over here (parcelforce 24 aaarrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i hate them, thay have a bit of a tendancey to muck people around were i live (( i know the areas bad but not that bad)), and normaly thay come and stick notes saying atempted delivery and not even knocking on the door !!!, that did happen to me but the lad didnt know i was in the kitchen and was watching him, thankfully i got to the van before he had the chance to get out of the street :evil: ).
anyways acording to them it didnt have a street number on it ? (definitly smells bull to me )
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Bloody parcel force!! They usually send me a customs bill first!!
Catilla
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catilla »

ouch i hope i dont (it took 2 mins to get though customs ) so if thay do thay didnt check to well, hopefully though the parcel should be here tomorrow and ill finanly be able to show yer all what i got :D (so far anyways :wink: )
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Commander Megatron wrote:Bloody parcel force!! They usually send me a customs bill first!!
This is a digression but........

Do you get your parcel itself without the customs bill if it is marked as "GIFT"?

I'm just curious.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Roar wrote:
Commander Megatron wrote:Bloody parcel force!! They usually send me a customs bill first!!

Do you get your parcel itself without the customs bill if it is marked as "GIFT"?

I'm just curious.
You get charged a fee if the value of the gift is over the equivilent of £35.

Then you get charged a flat fee plus 17.5% of the items value.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

actually i didnt put a price on it, i just marked it toys
Catilla
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catilla »

yippy finaly the parcel arrived today (also it did have the address number on twice both the address ghosty did and the declaration form too).
the parcel farce company isnt the best over here (royal mail is the better, even though parcel farce is a sub of royal mail), but i have to give the guy i spoke to from parcel farce his due and he did get things sorted and got me in direct contact to the depo were the parcel was at (lol many thank to you ...er if yer reading :D )
also no custom charges at all (thank god for that one lol, mind saying that it took all of 2 mins. to get though customs in any case)
but all sorted now 8)
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Deszaras wrote:
Roar wrote:

I'm just curious.
You get charged a fee if the value of the gift is over the equivilent of £35.

Then you get charged a flat fee plus 17.5% of the items value.

I always get the value marked at below 35 pound or $50 and marked as a gift.
Catilla
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catilla »

i know this might sound a daft question but dose the same go for buyers in the states (do yous get charge customs when you recive parcels from the uk and overseas ?) , when i send anywere i always mark gifts but i normly put a max of £15 ?.
but i wasnt 100% sure if its the same over there ?
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

i havent gotten charged anything so far
Catilla
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catilla »

humm wounder it its just a euro thing ?
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

In the US, it depends on a lot of factors, I think.

I know that if a package is sent from Canada to the US (or vice versa) there is no tariff IF the package is sent via USPS/Canada Post, as they have some sort of no tariff agreement. Any other method gets charged a Tariff (and often "Customs Processing Fees" out the wazoo).

In short, the best way to send to the US is via your country's national mail service, as that should avoid the "Customs Processing Fees" often charged by UPS/FedEx/etc. Mark gift if possible and you feel comfortable with that, and keep the value as low as you find prudent (because yes, we do generally pay a tariff on items over X value, but I'm not sure what percentage nor what the cutoff is.)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I've received all kinds of crap from overseas and don't pay tariff.
cyclone
Throttlebot

Post by cyclone »

As for Australia, less than Au$1000(including postage insurance etc) is customs duty free, above that is charged approx 10% customs then 12.5% Gst on top of that).