gas prices

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

U n me both, TT, :wink:
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

I know our country is a lot smaller that the US, I do not think that we are even half as big, my point is that things in general are more expensive over here.

As for the unemployment, the government handouts are stupidly high. There is a local man who has never done a days work in his life and thanks to the government ( OR OUR HUGE TAXES ) he owns a big fancy BMW and a three bedroom semi - detatced house. He gets betwen forty and fifty THOUSAND GBP per year for sitting on his butt watching the dam telly.

( Sorry for the ranting, but it annoys me no end when I have to work all hours that god sends just to make a living, and guys like him get it given :x :evil: )

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

Yeah, stuff like that pisses me off, too, :evil:
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

Snarl wrote:He gets betwen forty and fifty THOUSAND GBP per year for sitting on his butt watching the dam telly.
If that is the case, he's not to blame, your government is.

Dunno, it might be the same in Norway, I'm not into politics much. I'm very much for taxes being spent to care for the poor and immigrants that cannot fend for themselves (sadly, some are very qualified, but cannot get a job within their profession...), but ofcourse, earning big bucks for doing nothing just isn't right.

Hound
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

Rattrap wrote: You could get to Chicago from the Twin Cities in 2 hours by reasonably fast train, but people would rather drive all day or spend all day at the airport for a 90 minute flight. 2 to 3 hours spent getting to a 90 minute flight is ridiculous, even ignoring the exorbitant prices.
You'd be surprised how expensive it is to ride a train... and how few direct routes there are. Albeit, it's much the same as the airlines and such (certainly cheaper, but less direct), but it's still expensive, as are buses, and there are many negative connotations associated with that kind of travel, many usually true. I agree with what you're saying, though.
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

You'd be surprised how expensive it is to ride a train... and how few direct routes there are. Albeit, it's much the same as the airlines and such (certainly cheaper, but less direct), but it's still expensive, as are buses
They must be far more expensive over there than they are over here then, here I can ride from Burnley directly to Blackpool for £10 GBP and it is around 50 miles so it is fairly cheap compared to fifty miles worth of fuel and wear on the car.

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL