Toddler Mui Tai boxing.... transformers?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Toddler Mui Tai boxing.... transformers?

Post by Cliffjumper »

haha funny title yeah but anyway I was watching this show about kids as young as 2 or 3 In Britain and europe fighting not sure how I feel about this but to each his own. I will try and find a link to it. anyway at the end of a title fight the winner got a belt and the runner up got a trophy and some transformers cool!
Actually Im gonna edit some more into this cause I just finished watching it and it made me kinda sad. Parents pushing their kids to live their dreams that they never made it to the Kid wanted to take a day of from training to go play with his friends and he wasnt allowed because he needs to get better WTF is with that. Just P#$@es me off :x

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

1) The parents must need the money to offset the redonkulous VAT tax rate they have to pay.

2) "Okay little Jimmy... take a couple punches, and go down! Don't forget! We don't want that silly belt! We need more Transformers!"
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

That is just not right, kids should not be pushed in to that sort of environment.

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

that sounds insane. and i can see some pros and cons to the situation just not at that age. there way too young. there going to end up like rocky before there 10, with brain damage!!

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

That is heinous, I couldn't imagine my son doing that at his age. No harm in a child learning self defence from around 8 onwards but my god come on, 3!!!!? :x
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

I have taken Muay Thai for 2 years....I don't know what exactly they're teaching the little kids, but Muay Thai is much less a "defensive" discipline than it is an offensive barrage.

I have heard many people speak of Muay Thai and one word is constantly used: debilitate.

Now many people like it because it gets you into great shape (it did for me, and then I had to stop doing it, and there went my great shape), others want it for the confidence, and still others want it for competition.

But make no mistake...Muay Thai is a very dangerous martial art....this isn't a martial arts discussion but you'll find overwhelming amounts of opinion on the web that often state muay thai fighters compared with karate, tae kwon do, judo, etc. will win out in straight fights (assuming equal skill among all participants) and as someone who has taken karate, tae kwon do, judo, and obviously muay thai, I would have to agree.

Anyway bottom line...I find it somewhat questionable that kids 3 years old are being exposed to this....in three months of beginner's instruction I had already learned three strikes that would incapacitate you quickly...with sufficient and intent force, the same three strikes could kill you (strike to throat, leaping elbow to the top of skull, driving knee into sternum).
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".