Nintendo Gamecube/Wii

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Nintendo Gamecube/Wii

Post by SentinelPrime »

I need clarification for my son....and me. Is there a game called simply "NEED FOR SPEED?" Or is there one called "Need For Speed, Hot Pursuit?"

I know there's one entitled "NEED FOR SPEED, HOT PURSUIT 2." The reason I'm asking these questions is because I thought I purchased a plain Need for Speed, Hot Pursuit from a seller on Ebay. He states in his auction its just that. But when I received it, it actually was NFS-Hot Pursuit 2!!!

I have contacted him to let him know I did not receive what I thought I ordered. But...if in fact there is no such thing as a Need for Speed, Hot Pursuit....I still think it's mis-leading and I should get my money back, right?

Here's the ebay link...tell me what you think guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0272553392
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

There indeed was a Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. HOWEVER, that game was made back in 1998 and was for the PC and Playstation only.

Need For Speed" Hot Pursuit 2 was released in 2002 for Playstation 2, Xbox, Gamecube and PC.

The original game was titled The Need for Speed and was a PC game back from 1994.

It seems the Seller made a mistake in naming his title.
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

Great info, Sideways, :wink:
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Sentinel: It depends on which type of Ebayer you want to be.

If you were simply looking for a Need For Speed game playable on your Wii or Gamecube, than you got what you wanted (and the ONLY option available), and you should be pleased.

If you want to be the new breed of Ebayer, you could technically and "rightfully" demand a refund due to misrepresentation, and possibly still keep the game, all while sitting at home cozily knowing that you can't *possibly* receive negative feedback for the transaction.

The choice is yours.

(Incidental hypothetical question: Let's assume there WAS a NFS 1 AND a NFS 2 available for the GC/Wii. Why would you be upset at getting the most likely technologically superior mark II at mark I's price? Excepting of course, the occasional rarity issue... but if that were the case, you'd have squinted to read the 2 in the photo.)
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Thanks for all the info on this. The seller has since contacted me and is going to let me send it back to him and he will refund my money and shipping.

I did not realize the original NFS game was that old and only for the PC. I'm not much of a "gamer" but my 13 yr. old son is. I will inform him about this news and we will move on to NFS Underground, NFS Most wanted. My son just loves this series!

Thanks again!
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I guess I kind of get it.

Incidentally, I just realized there was NEVER a "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit". The game Sideways refers to was actually Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (PC, PS1). With Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (PC, every console imaginable at the time) being the sequel. Nope. Not confusing at all there. In their defense, the games' developer switched up right around the time NFS:HP2 was being made.

You probably made the right choice, SP, NFS:HP2 is arguably the worst game of the series. No PITting. You TAP cars to arrest them :roll:
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

IMO, the best games in the series were Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon!
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

I remember playing that, I dropped it out of window by accident, when i was looking for something :lol: