Sort of Secret Santa?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Sort of Secret Santa?

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Oddly, I'm feeling exceptionally full of holiday cheer this year...

So, I had the thought... How could we organize some sort of (anonymous?) gift exchange? Given the late date, and the immense logistical challenge involved, I've come to the conclusion that it's probably not a great idea. Unless someone comes up with a good plan, and we mail out Chinese New Year's gifts.

Instead, I propose this:

1) If you haven't done so already, go out and buy a transformer. A decent one. Not those rubbish battlechargers or whatever that you wouldn't want even your dog chewing on, y'know?

2) Eyeball it fondly. Resist the tempation to rip it open. Remember all those fond memories you had when toys were scarce. Instead, wrap it up nicely, and attach a nice holiday neutral note to it. Make sure the note says something to the effect of "Sorry I was late!"

3) On Christmas NIGHT, jog over to a neighbor's house that you KNOW has an age appropriate boy.

4) Set package down.

5) Ring Bell.

6) Run away smiling (most likely while imagining the WTF? moment to follow).

Or, I suppose, you could just do Toys for Tots. Personally, I do both... and have found this method to be FAR more enjoyable. Cheers!
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

That sounds like a good way to do things Wheezel. I donated some cash this year. Maybe next year I can do your suggestion! (Hopefully I know where a minicon is around here.)