the end is near?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

the end is near?

Post by Piranacon »

ok not really but this could be an end to leagle TF collecting could TFs be the next underground items for sale?

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories/01 ... a87af.html

hopefuly we can find out more about this soon

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Piranacon if you hear anything else then let us all know!
Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

Post by Piranacon »

here is the full write up of the law

http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/advisory/317.pdf

i belive use vintage collectors are safe its the ones taht are trying to get current toys on the secondary market that will be hurting. but then again this could all jsut end up being ignored anyways lol

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i think you're overreacting. From skimming the actual legal documents, what this is about is to get retailers to withhold or recall stock of children's products that is known to fail the upcoming 90ppm lead content test. it has nothing to do with resalers, collecting, etc. it just means walmart has to take toys with 660ppm>lead content>90ppm off the shelves.
S0und_wave
Decepticon Communications Officer

Post by S0und_wave »

Everyone take whats left while u still can Image
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

It looks like Belfast on the twelfth of July!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

S0und_wave wrote:Everyone take whats left while u still can Image
I imagine thats what walmart looked like the day the Starscream Masterpiece came out. Stinkin scalpers :evil: Thats what black friday looks like here in the states. For pete's sake someone was killed this year from being trampled to death.
R.I.P. Menasor
captainamerica
Gestalt Warrior

Post by captainamerica »

don't forget the two that shot each other, dinobot.

And I picked up a pair of MP Screamers on clearance, there was no madness for them down here.
My heart is die-cast.
cyclone
Throttlebot

Post by cyclone »

S0und_wave wrote:Everyone take whats left while u still can Image
In Australia oyu don't need to go to that much trouble to get through a police line.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=TdnAaQ0n5-8
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

captainamerica wrote:And I picked up a pair of MP Screamers on clearance, there was no madness for them down here.
Hate you.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

i looked for one and couldnt find one so i hate you too :lol:
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

How peacefully the new year begins!! :P
We never got any MPs here :x (at least from big stores) so, i hate you all!!! :P :P :P
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

thats not nice :lol:
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

We had 6 MP Starscreams that sat on the shelf for months. For some stupid reason, even *I* didn't buy one. I'm not positive... I think they eventually shipped them back.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

a couple weeks ago, I was at my comic shop and they had the G1 MP Starscream.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

The problem in my area was that half the stores didn't get the merch. I never ONCE saw SS at my store, nor do we have the anniversary prime..
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

A friend of mine who is also a collector found some MPs at a small store.Of course,the price was almost double than of that you can find on the net.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

When I got my MP SS there was five one day then 4 the next. There was no big rush in N Florida either. I was talking to a guy who was getting one about TFs when a random lady came up, saw how stoked we both were, and asked "is this the big gift for Christmas?" I said Ah, no, unless the person is our age(the guy and mine). So she put it back and went on her merry way.
Both the 20th and 25th aniv Prime would sit for a long time on shelves. They were just too expensive for most people to buy.
Just like when Unicron was out. The stores all got a massive amount and couldn't move them. I paid $13 for one.
As I have a MP SS, 20th aniv Prime, and both colors of Unicron I guess I'll be the next one on the hate list. :wink:

But really getting back to the origional thread, that would suck to not be able to buy toys on a secondary market. Thanks to TT for the law skimming info. Thank God for Flea markets, they run wild outside the laws anyway.
cyclone
Throttlebot

Post by cyclone »

Computron wrote:But really getting back to the origional thread, that would suck to not be able to buy toys on a secondary market. Thanks to TT for the law skimming info. Thank God for Flea markets, they run wild outside the laws anyway.
Exaclty right the black market would run riffe and the vultures would charge an arm and a leg. Great example is any Megatron figurethat turns into a gun is prohibited to be imported into Australia. the price to buy a G1 over here is terrible, bought mine boxed and all from trance for about 15% of the price, although I did have to file paperwork prior to it reaching here to bring him in under my firearms liscence. As Customs did pick him up, had I havenot filed the paperwork before it made it in they would have seized it. There is always a way to get somthing and it does not have to be illegal either.
We had a store here that had large quantities of alternator swerve, soon after I heard rumor of short supply So off I went to get one, the 20+ that had not moved in months were gone within days, chances are most of them went up on evil-bay :evil: .damn vultures!!!
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Computron now on hate list ........ LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".