TFL Interviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

TFL Interviews

Post by Commander Megatron »

I am going to go through the member list and "interview" members of transformerland. Everyone will be asked eventually, if you don't want to do it just say no. There will of course be no hard feelings, it is the members choice. I will be starting with the admin/moderators then working my way through the list of members.

This is going to be a locked thread, so any feedback or any comments/complaints shoot them at me directly. All feedback good or bad is welcome.

The Autobots are highlighted in Red the Decepticons are Blue and Neutral are Black

Thanks in advance,

C.M.

To help with keeping track of the interviews I am listing them here in order. I hope that this helps you all read them easier. Enjoy.

With a big thanks to Galvatron for the pic!!

1.) Mark Bellomo (Author of the Transformers Identification and price guide)
2.) Time Traveller
3.) Trance
4.) Rodimus Prime
5.) Galvatron
6.) Sunstreaker
7.) Jose
8.) Roar
9.) Arcee
10.) Kup
11.) Deszaras
12.) Rumble
13.) Sunstorm
14.) Dinobot
15.) Ramjet
16.) Sentinel Prime
17.) Goldbug
18.) Ultra Magnus
19.) Cliffjumper
20.) Commander Megatron
21.) Sideways
22.) Minerva
23.) Piranocon
24.) Blackjack
25.) Computron
26.) Thunderwing
27.) Hot Shot
28.) Shrapnel
29.) Trailbreaker
30.) Snarl
31.) Dirge
32.) Ghostinthemachine
33.) Optimus Prime
34.) Sixshot
35.) Wheezel
36.) Rattrap
37.) Ratchet
38.) Noble
39.) Catilla
40.) LennyLuck
41.) Rocktimus Prime
42.)Soundwave
43.)Hound
44.)Elita-1
45.)Octane
46.)Redline
47.)Overlord
48.)Scrapper
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:53 am, edited 20 times in total.
Commander Megatron

First up, Mark Bellomo author of Transformers Identification and Price Guide.

C.M. Thank you Mark, it is an honor to do this with you.

MWB You've gotta be kidding me... the HONOR is all mine. Anyone who has bought my books--or even read my books--can ask me any questions about them. I owe it to people to discuss these books, with the hopes of making them better. I'm pretty accessible when I'm not bogged down by my day job (I run the Writing and Tutoring Program at the State University of New York at New Paltz). Writing about toys is my first love... one day I'll 'parlay' this into writing comic books... slowly, but surely.

C.M. What first got you into Transformers?

MWB I got into Transformers when they were first released in 1984. Already a G.I. Joe fan, I spent my allowance and paper route money on those Hasbro figures. Then I saw Transformers. I LOVED Them. One problem: most G1 TF's were MUCH more expensive than even most low price-point Joe vehicles... so sacrifices were made.

I was such a fan, I'd rather sacrifice EATING than buying toys... forget about treating myself to a small Dr. Pepper and lemon Hostess Fruit Pie after getting paid for my paper route: I'd rather have bought an Autobot Minicar. Even a yellow Cliffjumper (ugh).

Really, as you're asking, the reason I got into Transformers was probably a combination of the quality of the toys, the gorgeous packaging artwork, and the wonderful Tech Spec bios by Bob Budiansky. I've got to interview that guy one day... I also remember reading the Marvel comic, and was ecstatic when the four issue mini-series changed into a full-blown regular series. I LOVED the cover for Marvel's TF #5: a painted Shockwave with Transformers "...Are All Dead" laser-shot into the background. Very iconic.

C.M. The inspiration behind the book was the pic on the front page of transformerland.com, did it just come to you in an instant?

MWB Yes. Kind of like: "Holy crap! An ENTIRE TF G1 collection on display! WOW!" and then, "Hmmm...," since I LOVED writing The Ultimate Guide to G.I. Joe: 1982-1994," why not my second and equally-important love, Transformers. It helped that at that moment I was reading Dreamwave's inspired Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Guidebooks. Ye gods, those are fantastic books... Next, I went through my G1 collection and started web surfing for the many pieces I was missing (my collection was only about 80% complete--and I was missing some KEY pieces [Fort Max, Bumblejumper, some gestalts (Mosntructor, etc.)]). Transformerland.com may even have records of the huge amount of pieces I bought from them. An awesome site. Great, great, great site.

Another problem: I PLAYED with my G1 TF's as a kid. Thus, some of the labels were worn, some chromed parts on figures and weapons were fading (i.e., the 1984/85 Autobot Cars), so many of these needed to be replaced. For the chromed weapons and figures: buy a new one, sell the worn one. For the worn labels: reprolabels.com. I think one order I placed was between $800-1000. I'll do ANYTHING to make my pieces look better for a book.

To wit: I love 80's toys. A lot. A whole lot. Ideally, I'd love to write books on EVERY single licensed toy property from the 1980's. Voltron. M.A.S.K. LJN's Official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. I've got three storage places full of toys (25,000+ action figures) and comics (100,000+). So then, at any given moment in my life, I'm trying to complete one of these toy lines. Rigt now, it's M.A.S.K., but the darned prices for these are through the roof... frickin' Wolfbeast. Stupid Laser Command.

Also, in anticipation for the one-day-released He-Man and the MOTU movie, I'm finishing my She Ra (Princess of Power) collection. The last Spinerella I found sold for about $950--mint, LOOSE, and complete. Can't quite buy this yet...

You see, I WON'T include a toy in one of my guides unless I personally own it. And since I require that my books must include every domestic piece released in the U.S. (redundant?), even mail-aways and store promos, this is a daunting task. I won't write a guide in which I have to "borrow" a toy from someone else; I think of this as "cheating." If you don't own it, how can you write about the piece in an educated way? You need to feel it, touch it, and in the case of G1 TF's, transform it...

C.M. Do you hope to maybe do another TF book and include the Euro exclusive transformers as well? Maybe even the Beast Wars series?

MWB Hmmm… I’ve given a little thought to a Beast Wars book. The main reason I haven’t pitched it yet: would it sell? You see, I wouldn’t pitch a book to Krause knowing that they can’t make money off of it… it’s the fair and equitable thing to do. They’re a business, and they’re IN business to make money. The most basic goal for any collectible book is to sell about 10,000 copies in two years. If I don’t think a book will sell in those numbers, I won’t pitch it. I’d love to write a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe book (would have to include She Ra/Princess of Power items as well to round out 250+ pages), but without a major motion picture behind the book (soon, soon…), it’s not going to be pitched, and it’s not going to be approved… 10,000 copies is a LOT in the collectibles world. Especially if the book retails for $24.99 (cheaper on Amazon, of course).

For instance, I’ve been asked by Krause “Do you think we should make a book on 3 ¾” G.I. Joe figures from 1997-present?” My response: “No.” Or at least: “Not right now…” Here, we must remember that collectors make up about 30-35% of the buying market for these books. It’s casual fans looking for a trip down memory lane PLUS collectible shops looking to pick up a guide—in order to match up figures with parts—that constitute the other 65% of the market. So we then must consider casual fans and collectible stores when pitching AND writing a book.

Of COURSE I’d love to write a second volume companion to The Ultimate Guide to G.I. Joe 1982-1994, or to the Transformers: Identification & Price Guide, but I’m not sure how many casual G.I. Joe fans and collectible shop owners KNOW the characters of Dr. Link Talbot or Venomous Maximus. I don’t think these folks are at all familiar with Retrax, Megaplex, or Battle Unicorn.

And furthermore, in regard to including international releases with domestic product in my guides, 95% of “casual collectors” and NONE of the “casual fans” know who Zaur, Dial, Gurafi, or Noizu are from the Japanese Transformers line, or who Plastirama’s Argen 7 are (Manleh, Mortal, Shimik, Topson, Redmack, Glenda, and Cobra Invasor) from the International 3 ¾” G.I. Joe line. And if we do include these hard-to-find pieces in collectible guides, are we then tempting casual fans with items they might never find in secondary stores or on the ‘Interweb’?

That’s not to say that Victory Saber isn’t my favorite Transformer ever (…note that I did not include him in my below “faves,” since he’s an international Generation One Transformer… I wouldn’t lump him in with the domestic line—same with the European Action Master Elites, etc.). I suppose my rule-of-thumb for concocting guides: if a toy was available (even for a limited time [catalog exclusives, mail-aways]) to the general public in the continental U.S., then it’s in the book.

C.M. When you decided to do the book did it take long to do?

MWB Beginning to end, it took me... hmmm. About six months. That includes research: watching every episode of the Sunbow cartoon, re-reading my Marvel, Dreamwave, and IDW comics, and poring through the G1 TF tech specs and the aforementioned Dreamwave guides. I really don't think of this as "work," though... even the two weeks it took me to take photos.

C.M. Was there ever a point where you thought "To hell with this!"?

MWB NEVER. A book is a book. I'll kill myself to put out the best possible product. However, there was a time when I was wiping down my Computron and its component pieces with Goo-Gone in order to get off the old labels and replace them with new labels, and I got a little discouraged. But then again, the final product was worth it.

I love writing about toys. The goal of my books--ultimately--is to add respectability to the field of action figure collecting.

C.M. The research itself for all the figures must have been exhausting, even if you do have them all. Did you have to use the internet for any help with tech specs and other information?

MWB I absolutely used the Internet. For instance, instead of looking for my cut out cardbacks to make sure that the Aerialbots came with their proper lasers, I looked up their entries on Transformerland. As for the weapon names (I wanted to list their precise names--those mentioned on their packages, or in their official Instruction Booklets), I used the now-defunct tfracetrack.com... you see, I didn't want to list Bluestreak's weapon as "laser rifle," but as "Electron Rifle." Precision is important. It's very fulfilling for me as a writer to research and docket each and every one of these weapon and accessory names...

C.M. Any advice for anyone out there looking to do a book of their own?

MWB Find a topic that works for you. You may REALLY like the topic when you start, but can you plod through endless galley proofs, 1,000’s of photos, 1,000’s of toys, 100’s of e-mails, and basically LIVE with your topic for more than a year? And you’d BETTER enjoy living with that topic. ‘Cause if you don’t adore it…by the end of the project it’s like being in a long-term relationship where the romance has soured. We all know these relationships: your lover leaves the cap off the toothpaste EVERY morning after they shower. And the toothpaste drips onto your bathroom sink. Every freaking morning. I’ve written literature and composition/rhetoric textbooks where at the end, I’ve felt this way toward a project. It’s an AWFUL feeling; just awful.

Find a system that works for you. Ernest Hemingway used to write, standing up at his desk, at the crack of dawn every morning. Now, I’d rather fall down a flight of tack-filled stairs onto a plate of broken glass than use this method. Write when it’s best for you. Research when it’s best for you. ORGANIZATION is the key: if you’re not organized—with your thoughts, and in the case of collectibles, with your toys and materials—you’re going to be hopelessly lost.

Learn everything there is to learn about the subject you’d like to cover. Sure, I don’t LIKE the Firecons, but I was forced to include them in my book, and you know what? Those Dreamwave bios of the Firecons are pretty darned good. Research, research, research. Buy copies of books that are similar to yours so you know what you’re up against. If you can’t try to add something new to the work that has come before you, then why are you writing a book on that subject?

Lurk (and try not to post) on the Internet forums for the particular collectible you’re writing about. See what the current climate is in the hobby. Is the time right to put out your book? Are many others releasing theirs at the same time? Also, try to stay away from adhering to a certain “camp” on the Internet. For if you take sides in flame wars, you’re cutting off some of the potential audience for your book.

C.M. Here at TFL we have a bad habit of asking everyone their faction so in tune with the tradition are you Autobot or Decepticon?

MWB That's a very good question... I'm neutral at the moment...

C.M. Do you have a favorite Transformer toy?

MWB My favorite Transformers toys EVER are: Metroplex, Skids, Doubledealer, and Crossblades... in that order. I always favor play value. There's a lot of fun packed into those four Transformers. Even Skids. I know, I know... there's something about an Autobot Theoretician.

C.M. Favorite Transformers character?

MWB G1 Bluestreak. His figure, picture, Tech Spec, personality, accessories, etc. Finally got one boxed this week... not sealed, mind you, but boxed with insert and bubble. Great Tech Spec bio.

C.M. If anyone wants to ask any further questions can they just drop you a PM here at Transformerland.com?

MWB You can drop me a PM any time, day or night. I'm always working on the computer at work or at home. I'm pretty good about responding back within the hour.

C.M. Is there anything else you would like to add?

MWB Nope. Just a "thank you" to Transformerland.com for helping me out with parts (without them, no book...), to Comander Megatron for the interview, and for those of you who have listened to my rambling.

Oh... and if you bought the book, many, many thanks...

C.M. Mark, thankyou for your time and co-operation, it has been a pleasure.

Next up........Time Traveller
Commander Megatron

Next up the one and only Time Traveller.

C.M. thankyou TT for your time. You have been a member of transformerland.com since 2003 you must have seen a lot of people come and go since then, any in particular that you would like to see back?

TT: The best way to check this is the last post date... There were a lot of people around here early on that many of you hadn't had a chance to meet... STARS commando 539, Shanti 418, Savanna RX-7 to name a few. I'm glad to be hearing back from a few of our sudden and planned absentees like Sunstorm and Soundwave. Everytime someone posts who hasn't in a while I sigh with relief.

C.M. I remember those 3, they were still here when I joined up. STARS was here not so long ago. Any idea what happened to those guys?

TT: I really wish I knew. I'd pester them to come back. Sometimes people get busy and start to forget.

C.M. Have you made many friends from the boards?

TT: I think you have a pretty good idea. Letting me run this place was the best opportunity Matt could have given me (thanks Matt!), because it's let me meet and get to know all of you well. Many times in recent years TFL friends keep me going, whether it be collecting or earning my degree.

C.M. Lets hope we keep each other going for many more years. In the time you have been here you must also have seen a few changes and seen the site grow to what it is today are you happy with the site the way it stands now?

TT: I ~wrote~ a lot of the changes around here. It started out with asking Trance to fix stuff, then changing it with his permission, then I started getting all of you involved. The members make the site, and wherever it goes now, I'm happy, as long as we keep moving forward... and we will.

C.M. Will you ever be happy with your transformer collection and stop collecting, sit back and look at them and say "Thats me done, I am happy!"?

TT: Hell no! I was thinking the other day... If I die, I'll miss out on all the transformers that come out after I do. This worries me.

C.M. To quote Galvatron, "We all must die sometime" with that in mind hopefully none of us to soon. With that in mind after your heart trouble has all been ok with that score?

TT: I can happily report I haven't had any more problems after the surgery, thank Primus. That was enough excitement for one lifetime, maybe two!

C.M. On a more personal note most of us know you are at college but what exactly is it you are studying?

TT: Physics (pain), with minors in Astrophysics (actually less painful) and German. I'm hoping to get a job in engineering or product development.

C.M. Do you have long to go at college?

TT: Three weeks and finals. If I pass all my classes, I'm done. (Until possible graduate work!)

C.M. Why Time Traveller for your character name and not an actual Transformer?

TT: (Cullen voice) Before time began, there was TF Gen3 boards. I was Time Traveller there. After they disappeared from the internet, I eventually came here, and chose the same name hoping one of the few people I knew at Gen3 would recognize me. "TT" stuck, so I built the character after the name.

C.M. Who is your favorite overall Transformers character?

TT: This is the other reason I go by TT rather than a preset character. I love Wheeljack, Jetfire, Lander (from Super God Master Force), Blitzwing, Astrotrain, and Scorponok (G1 comics).

C.M. What is your favorite Transformers toy?

TT: Lilformers.com featured a comic about the "Fanus Maximus" who "loves all things TF, even Beast Machines". That would be me. I love intense transformations... like the Alternators, and Movie Leader-class. My weak spot for decades, though, has been G1 "Scramble City" combiners. Menasor is one of my favorite toys.

C.M. There are a lot of K.O. transformer toys going around what is your opinion of them?

TT: Direct copies of licensed transformers castings are lame. Back in my day, "no-brand" (as I called them) transformers still had their own unique castings and some quality. "Select" did a great run of diecast, rubber-tired TF's, for example. My first 'transformer' was actually a "Moto-Bot" dump truck my dad bought me out of the Hot Wheels aisle back in '88. THAT was a quality KO... if you'd call it that.

C.M. What is our personal favorite year for the toys from the G1 range and why?

TT: 1986 had the Scramble City combiners and the city-bots, but I'm a sucker for the '87 headmasters and targetmasters...Plus they had the technobots, another great SC combiner set. 1987 it is, I guess!

C.M. I know you are a big fan of the Beast Wars, what would you prefer Beast Wars or G1?

TT: You know, being the young one, that BW was what was on shelves when I was growing up. The sculpting quality soared due to the new plastic molding technology, and they were way posable. Truth be told, I love transforming toys with machine modes. G1s are always on my shelves. I love BW for the cartoon... The characters were rich, the plot was thick, and the voices were great. I'll play with G1 toys while watching BW episodes, how's that?

C.M. It gives me the impression that it is a tie!! Is there anything you would like to add?

TT: To that, Transformerdom as a whole is made out of 100% concentrated awesome. The toys, the stories, every ounce makes it worthwhile.
There is one thing that has made my transformers obsession even more worthwhile in recent (last 5 or so) years... The people I've met doing it. It's a great hobby for so many different people, and it's brought a lot of genuinely good people together to places like TFL. Transformers are great, but friends are priceless.

C.M. I am grateful for you taking the time to do this TT, thank you old friend.

TT: I'm grateful to be interviewed. It's great being a part of this site with all of you!

Next up: Trance, the TFL boss.
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Mon May 26, 2008 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Megatron

A little Q and A with Transformerland boss himself, Trance!!

C.M. Thankyou very much for taking the time to do this Matt, it is always an honor to speak with you.

Trance You're welcome!

C.M. What was the inspiration behind transformerland?

Trance: When I got my TF 2nd wind in the mid 90s, I realized I had forgotten nearly everything about the toys--who came with what parts, what parts went with which figs, etc. One of the first things I did with the site was to scan in all the G1 catalogs and instructions as a reference guide. I soon realized that while helpful, it felt incomplete. I wanted to set up an identification guide, but there wasn't much I could do since lacked the programming know-how. Eventually I taught myself enough to get it running. I'm pretty happy with the results, I get lots of thanks from fellow collectors, and TFL is referenced in about 100 auction site listings a week.

C.M. Did it take long to get it up and running when you decided to go for it?

Trance: The actual setting up didn't take much time, only a day or so. It took about a year before it looked somewhat professional, but I'd say it took almost 5 years before TFL became one of the more popular TF-related websites. I've (even to this day) never paid for advertising. It's good to see TFL flourish just based on word-of-mouth.

C.M. I am still working on the database you asked for, just need to put it on a spreadshheet now. Does this mean you are going to be selling the Euro exclusive transformers in the near future?

Trance:Well, I've sold pretty much everything TF related, including some Euro exclusives, but the database is more about creating another branch in the archive and possibly in the ID section down the road. It's nice to have friends like you and Ben (Time Traveller) willing to invest the time and energy with pictures, measurements, etc. I don't think TFL would have come this far without this combined input!

C.M. Is there any figures you have that you keep in a private collection for your own personal pleasure and if yes who?

Trance:I have many in my collection that my wife has found for me over the years including;
Microchange Pre-TF version of Megatron (boxed with stickers), G1 Megatron (boxed with stickers), an original G1 Stepper from Japan, and a bunch that were available in the stores after we met (Beastwars all the way thru Movie 2007). I also love the Alternators and 6" Titaniums and have pretty much the full run of them MP-04 Prime is pretty sweet too

C.M. Where did you get the name Trance?

Trance:That would be the first syllable of 'Transformers'

C.M. Most of us know that you like Ravage so why not him?

Trance:I don't know, probably because it could be confused with Ravage's from other sites

C.M. When you have time to yourself what do you do to relax?

Trance:Well, I do like working on the site, but outside of that, I enjoy time with my wife, and some other hobbies like working on songs, training for triathlons, so running, biking...I don't particularly like swimming, but there you go! If my best friend were still here, I'd probably be spending all my time playing Halo 3 on Xbox, but alas, he has moved to China and the game is still sitting on the shelf, sealed and unplayed

C.M. What first got you into Transformers when you were younger?

Trance:Neighborhood kids! David O'Rellio and his 2 Omega Supremes...spoiled brat

C.M. Who is your favorite Transformer Character?

Trance: Not to brown-nose it, but it's Megatron. You can ask my wife if you don't believe me I'm also fond of Omega Supreme who we used to dub 'Omega Souffle'

C.M. Who is your favorite transformer toy?

Trance:Still Megatron...he kept us safe at night when we went cross-country and slept in Wal-Mark parking lots.

C.M.What, you slept in parking lots!!! Good job I was there to keep you safe. How come you went with a forum, could you not just have set up an internet shop?

Trance:Well, I wanted the site to be somewhat interactive. It's always a good idea to get input from other users rather than just going it alone. We've received some really good feedback and suggestions over the years (e.g. the size database!). The added word-of-mouth is a nice bonus =)

C.M.Transformerland.com has been mentioned in a few Transformers guides, one which was Mark Bellomo's who is a member here and the unofficial guide. Are you pleased with the reference to transformerland in those books?

Trance:Sure, it's an honor to be associated in with helpful TF guides like Mark's. I'm glad I was able to help in some way!

C.M. Out of all of us, you have been here the longest and yet out of us senior members you have the lowest post count! Why do you not post as much as the rest of us?

Trance:Well, between the lab (where I work) and the shop, it kinda feels like I'm working 3 jobs...after packing orders, listing new items, and updating the databases, I tend to get tired and wind down at the end of the day. Plus, based on all the funny and witty posts around here, I think a lot of you guys and gals are much more creative than I!

C.M.Have you anything you would like to add?

Trance:I'd just like to thank you for the interview, as well as Ben and everyone else for making TFL what it has become. I'd also like to say 'so long' to Ultra Magnus, hope to see you around!

Pace =)

C.M.Thankyou Matt, it has been a pleasure.

Next up on the C.M. interview couch, Autobot Leader Rodimus Prime.
Commander Megatron

C.M.Thankyou for your time Rodimus Prime, it is a pleasure.
You have a strong fondness for Hotrod/Rodimus Prime, why those 2 and not Optimus?

R.P.When I was younger I always respected and liked Prime, but my favourite Transformer back then was actually BumbleBee, he was the first toy I had. But When I watched the movie I just seemed to latch onto Hot Rod. I'm not a petrol head, but I have an eye for cool looking cars and HRs car form was sweet. Plus the fact HRs personality I can relate to, he tries to be the cocky hero, but deep inside he is actually just a really nice bot.

C.M. What got you back into Transformers after all this time?

R.P.That would be your fault. No, all kidding aside, TF has always been a part of me. I collected them as a kid and made the mistake many people did, you gave them to family or kids less fortunate that you. I have always watched the animated movie from time to time and kept the "spark" in me. With the news of the 07 movie the spark in me grew and grew and in some ways has taken over from my other obsessions. I really could never afford to collect stuff from everything I like, but I did splash out recently on a replica Fedora from the Indiana Jones online store.

C.M. You have been here at TFL for a good while now and it is a pleasure for me to have you here. Are you enjoying it as much as always?

R.P.With all things in life, there are ups and downs. I am a firm believer in life being a rollercoaster, you have to take the downs with the ups. Right now TFL is in a slump, but that is because we have lost one of our own and have another in hospital. Even in this time there is always something to make me smile.

C.M. Who is your favorite Transformer character?

R.P.You answered this yourself in your first question. Hot Rod is the character I like the most, but I have many favourites. Prime is in there, Bumblebee,Jetfire, Grimlock and the dinos. From the Con side I like Screamer and Soundwave.

C.M. What is your favorite transformer toy?

R.P.I wouldn't say I have a favourite toy. From my collection I am very fond of my 20th anniversary Prime. I really want to have all of the Dinobots at some point, right now I only have Grimlock and Sludge, but I'm also very tight in that I don't want to spend loads on them.
I really like the leader class Prime from the movie and the concept BB as well. I would love to see a movie style Hot Rod tho

C.M. You planning on buying any more toys, TF related of course?

R.P.I would really love a MP G1 Screamer. With the confirmation of MP Grimlock, I would love one of those too.
From up coming toy lines, I am interested in the new classics/universe figures. But in saying that I only want the deluxe and voyager style ones like Prowl, Powerglide etc I don't want any of the mini legends ones.

I also like the looks of some of the TFA toys. I had read they said at Bot Con that Sentinal Prime was originally going to be Rodimus Prime, but Hasbro didn't want Rodimus to be portrayed as a jerk, so they changed that and said he may appear in season 3 or 4 (if they are picked up). So if they make a Rodimus and Arcee TFA ficure, I'll be there!

C.M. For you what is your least favorite toy line?

R.P.I never really like Armada etc. I just never could get into the cartoons. I think I'm G1 at heart, but I also respect and like anything that takes G1 and runs with it. So classics and TFA (and to some extent the movie) are okay with me. I couldn't get into Beast Machines/Wars so those toys don't appeal to me either.

C.M. Is there a particular Transformer toy you would like to own?

R.P.All of the G1 Dinobots, MP Screamer and MP Grimlock.
from the G1 toys I would love an Optimus Prime, I see they are doing a 25th anniversary G1 Prime with trailer and a few extra bits as part of the Universe line. I will have to try to pick him up or get someone from the states to get him for me (looks towards Arcee).

C.M. How did you come across Transformerland?

R.P.I was pestered by this evil Decepticon leader into joining, so I did what comes naturally to someone with the need to be a hero.. I signed up as an Autobot

C.M. Have you made many friends here?

R.P.I have many people here I would consider friends, some I don't know very much about. I feel TFL works so well because we are a smaller community and we are friends. There are quite a few of you all I would love to meet (at Bot Con of course) if we ever got the chance.

C.M. Who was your first Transformer originally?

R.P.My first transformer toy as a kid was BumbleBee. nice story behind it, I have worn glasses since I was a young kid, I had been to get my eyes checked and as part of the process they put drops in your eyes to open your pupils up fully so they can look inside the eyes. After the test my parents went shopping and as a gift for being so "brave" I was bought a toy. I was allowed to pick it myself, so I blindly fumbled about the toy isle and told my parents what I would like. The next morning when my vision was back to normal, I saw that I had picked the wrong colour BumbleBee. I never had the original BB in yellow, I always had the red variant. To make things worse I also had the yellow Cliffjumper too.

C.M. Who was your first transformer the second time around?

R.P.My first Tranformer since I started to get them again was Target Master Hot Rod, the Takara reissue. I got him from e-Bay for a nice price. I intended to only buy a very few TFs, mostly the characters I liked, but I have ended up with more than I bargined for. Also withthe second wave of Classics coming soon and the Animated toy lines, there are a "few" more I really would like to get.

C.M. Is there anything you would like to add?

R.P. Not much to be honest. After avoiding your demands to join TFL, I finally caved in and to be honest I'm glad I did. TFs have always had a big place in my childhood heart. Pity they don't wanna reissue thundercats toys, cos I loved them too. I wicked want a Bengali and a Tigra. But Bengali is so damn expensive
BTW, Autobots Rule, Decepticreeps drool!!

C.M.Thanks for your time Rodimus.

C.M.Next up Decepticon 2nd-in-Command, Galvatron
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Mon May 26, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. You have been a member of TFL for longer than most, what was it like when there was only a handful of members?

Galvatron Boring. But it was easy for me to buy what i wanted from the store back then. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Business picked up rather quickly with new members.
And the new members started buying all the items I need from the store. :x

C.M. How did you find Transformerland in the first instance?

Galvatron I searched up Transformers for sale and TFL was on the list.
I came across a Powerglide at a good price and bought it.
I found that Trance is a good seller and my Powerglide was in great condition. So I wanted to personally thank him. I found the forums thread and joined the forums to thank Matt. Then I started reading some other posts and that's when I met up with Trance and Jose. A few months later TT joined.

C.M. Have you made many friends while here?

Galvatron I have made a ton of friends here. I have had personal conversations with 50% of the members. I like the people here. We are like a family.
We argue with each other and we care for each other. It don't get any closer to a family unit than that. My MSN is full of TFL members.

C.M. What was your first transformers toy?

Galvatron G1 Bumblebee. I was about 9 years old. I had no idea what it was when i got it. I shortly after found out about a cartoon called Transformers.
The rest is history.
Bumblebee still sits upon my shelves with his Autobot brethren.

C.M. Who is your favorite Transformers toy?

Galvatron Gosh, that's a hard one....... I like them all so much in different ways.
Sentimental value would be my Bumblebee. Story character would be Fallen, Pesonality would be Soundwave, For really good design would be the MP Seekers. It's hard for me to pick just one.

C.M. Is there a particular character that you most want to get?

Galvatron This fall the new wave of classics come out, GALVATRON is on top of my list. As for the rest of new stuff coming out I got to get them all as well.
For the older G1 stuff the one i want to get the most is Ratbat.

C.M. What is your least favorite transformers toy?

Galvatron WHEELIE!! I got one, I display it with the others. But I can't stand that guy. The cartoon personality is lame and the toy is just rediculous.

C.M. Are you closing in on completion of the G1 transformers that you want?

Galvatron The ones I need to complete my G1 collection are very hard to find. Or out of my price range. There is 23 G1 Transformers I still need.

C.M. You took Galvatron as your character name, why Galvatron and not someone else?

Galvatron It was an early time at TFL when I joined. I was the first to use a familiar Transformer name. It was also the first forum I ever joined. So I wasn't too sure if I would even stick around long enough. I figured, I'm more Decepticon than Autobot so I chose to be Decepticon (wise choice).
I thought about who remained alive at the end of the series, and Galvatron was the first name that came to mind. I didn't want to use a dead bot's name like MEGATRON or anything LOL :wink: . Plus Galvatron's insanity really fits my personality but we all know I added another twist to his personality. :twisted:

C.M. Are there any changes you would like to see at Transformerland or are you happy with where it is and were its going?

Galvatron I would like to see less Autobots joining LOL (joking)
Seriously, I like the way things are going. I visit here everyday possible and I enjoy each visit.

C.M. When you are not at TFL how do you like to relax?

Galvatron Is it ok to answer that question truthfully? GIGGITY
Ummm... Enjoying time with my mini cons and playing guitar.
I play mostly classic rock, some metal and some blues.
I used to like to just go for a drive but I can't afford to do that anymore.

C.M. In closing Al, is there anything you would like to add?

Galvatron I really appreciate taking the time to interview me. I feel like I was on "69 Minutes".
I'd like to ask people of the this mudball planet to quit listening to hip hop music. I can't stand that nonsence. The songs don't even use real instruments! If we all quit listening to it, hopefully it will go away.
Most of the singers don't even write their own songs.
They have producers hire writers for them. So the songs being played don't even come from the artists true heart and feelings.

Everybody should have cable tv and only watch WWE / Family Guy / Simpsons / and Transformers

C.M. Excellent choices I totally agree.

Galvatron I also need everyone to send $1 to me. For no reason at all. Then get all of your friends and family to send me $1. Then have everyone tell everyone else that they know to send me $1. I need 999,999 people to send me $1. Just think of it as buying me a double cheeseburger at McDonalds from the dollar menu.

I freakin' LOVE chocolate

Have you ever seen the movie SLINGBLADE with Billy Bob Thorton?
That movie is cool. I like the part when "Dole" is drunk and he kicks everybody out of his house. He says "Everybody get the **** out of my house! That goes for *********** and ******* get the **** out of my house!!" That is the best line in the whole movie!

C.M. I haven't but I will look out for it now.

Galvatron hmmmmm... whatelse to add........

TRANSFORMERS 4LIFE!!!!!!!!
TILL ALL ARE GONE!
MOOHOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

-Galvatron

C.M. Galvatron it was a pleasure as always to talk to you, thank you for your time.

Next up for interrogation...erm...a chat. Pretty 'bot Sunstreaker
Commander Megatron

C.M. Tell us a bit about yourself, what are you studying?

Sunstreaker Well,not much to say here,i'm into computer programming.

C.M. You were once a Decepticon, Abominus, now you are Sunstreaker. What made you change?

Sunstreaker Someone had to keep the balance here,the Autobot forces were outnumbered five to one!

C.M. Will you ever change back?

Sunstreaker If you really want me to,i'll think about it.

C.M. Not at all, if the Autobots start to outnumber the Decepticons then change back. Are you enjoying being an Autobot?

Sunstreaker To tell you the truth, it's not a huge difference.The advantage is that i can insult you and Galvatron as much as i want!(with no ill will of course!)

C.M. Did you manage to keep all your original Transformers or like myself did you start from scratch again?

Sunstreaker Sadly,most of my childhood Transformers went to my cousins who turned them into junk,with some rare pieces included.At least, Bruticus,Defensor and Overlord survived (they were safely kept at home; although i'm responsible for the major amount of damage inflicted on them when i didn't care about Transformers and i'm ashamed for this).

C.M. So you should be!! Why did you stop caring?

Sunstreaker (*chuckles) Funny;I thought boys should care about girls at the age of fourteen!!!It was around that time that i made the mistake and agreed to part with my Transformers and my 150+ Joes along with some vehicles (Advice to the TFL parents: don't give the toys of your children!!!You/they will regret it one day). Collecting elegant toys like Transformers is a mature hobby.

C.M. What got you back into Transformers after all this time?

Sunstreaker The reason why i started collecting again was when i visited the cousins i mentioned above.I got angry when i saw all my childhood Transformers lying around in pieces.I was very careful when i played with them back then. As for the series,i felt an urge to watch old cartoons again with Transformers first and foremost.

Sunstreaker Hard to say,although i have a soft spot for Soundwave and his bunch.

Sunstreaker That's hard to say also.I like the triple changers (Blitzwing and Astrotrain),all the Headmasters,Abominus and Devastator a lot but if i really had to choose,again, i'd say Soundwave with his cassetes.

C.M. Is there a particular Transformer toy you have your heart set on getting one day?

Sunstreaker There are four in total and after getting them i'll probably stop collecting.But two of them are hard to get.The first one is Reflector although i would be happy with a good quality knock-off.The second.....i want all the Headmasters so.....Fortress Maximus...in a few years....i hope.....

C.M. How did you come across Transformerland?

Sunstreaker I wanted to find an online store to buy Transformers so i googled it!

Sunstreaker There are many around here that I treat and being treated as a friend.Some people,especially you, Ramjet and Thrust (where is he?), gave a helping hand when i needed it and i greatly appreciate it.So,i'm trying to help them out when i can.

C.M. You have certainly helped me old friend the stuff you sent is on display as we speak!! Do you still have all your TF collection on display?

Sunstreaker Of course!I collect Transformers because i want them to be on display and i prefer them loose!I have the bad habit not to keep a Transformer toy sealed,those toys were meant to be transformed (i agree with Ramjet here,sealed toys will suffocate!).The problem is that my room is stuffed with a lot of things and the shelves are crowded.As a result,many Transformers are not visible and dust is bothering me lately.

Sunstreaker I can't remember for sure but i think that Snarl and Blastoff were among my first ones and i treat them as such (along with some Micromaster teams?).

C.M. Who was your first transformer the second time around?

Sunstreaker I managed to find a MISB Sludge at an old store here.

C.M. When you aren't at Transformerland how do you like to relax?

Sunstreaker Hehe...sleeping is a good alternative when at home.And music as well.

C.M. Is there anything that you would like to add?

Sunstreaker No, i could not possibly add something that people can't think themselves.I'm not that good at talking,i prefer thinking rather than talking.

C.M. Sunstreaker I thank you for your time, it has been a pleasure.

Sunstreaker I should thank you too,old friend.It was a pleasure for me as well.

Next up our resident toy expert Jose.
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Thu May 15, 2008 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Jose it is a pleasure to do this with you, thankyou for your time.

JOSE Hey, thanks to you. I'm blushing.

C.M. As members go Jose you have seen it all, you are the oldest member here after site owner Trance. How did you come across TFL?

JOSE It was back in 1999 when I noticed a clasmate had a Transformer sticker on one of his books. We weren't too close friends, until then, but I recognized it as a TF and I asked him what was the deal about them. He told me he collected them and I cracked because I realized I could build a collection up too - the toys I didn't own when I was a kid. After walking around fleamarkets, in 2001 (when I had more continuous access to internet), a friend of mine told me about certain site which had TFs for sale. Bang, TFL was the site. It didn't have the forum and I didn't have Paypal either, but I worked out a way to send money with a friend. No efficient at all; it was a tremendous effort to place an order with my limited resources. Time changed that and kept visiting the site to learn the most I could. It was just in 2003 when the forums started and I joined that same day. The rest is history.

C.M. You are the resident toy expert when it comes to the Diaclones and the pre and early year TFs. How come you know so much about them?

JOSE They picked my curiosity the day I discovered this site (there were some available for sale then), and when it happens I go nuts to learn as much as I can. However the best information for them is usually in Japanese and the translations I get are very weird. Anyway, as I take it in earnest, I try to gather as most sources as possible before believing something is for real. But honestly, I don't think I am an expert on pre TFs... Just someone who likes them bad and tries to use the methods learned on diecast cars collecting to learn more.

C.M. Between yourself and Time Traveller my toy knowledge has epanded a thousand fold!!! Do you just google the info you get or are there websites that you use?

JOSE There are several sites I have perused to gather the information. And actually, I always recommend to use more than one to contrast the information, as I haven't found any guide, nor book, which can be flawless. Back to the question itself, there are some which aren't online anymore: Devvi's pre-TF site, Jeroen's TF collection, The Pre-Transformers page (which was in English) and Minitropolis, just to name a few. Currently I stick with Fred's workshop, Diaclone.net and eBay, mostly. Also it wouldn't be fair not to mention Transformerland: It's a great guide for a starter, the information is there and it's easy to browse. Finally, I may add that I merge several information on certain item when I'm trying to get one for my own collection; I believe that in order to make a purchase that will make you proud of having in your shelf requires time to learn and therefore make an educated choice. As I am still missing a few "basic" items, I am not yet expert on those.

C.M. I think I am right in saying your first love is cars, are you still collecting all the Hotwheels toy cars?

JOSE Materially you're right! Family is first (and I am counting that special lady in my life and my dogs), friends second, cars next. And Transformers caught me when I was a kid because they were cars who turned into robots. Back to the question, the collecting bug is something I carry for life so I believe I will collect them until I am buried. I haven't decided yet what it's going to happen to my collection when I pass away though. And by the way, I'm mostly a Matchbox person, with a soft spot for Tomica. I like Hot Wheels, but just not that bad. Anyway, I can always have room for a Road King.

C.M. I recall talk of you doing a book, any more news on that front?

JOSE I decided the book is going to be online. So the website I am working on is the book. That way is free for all and can be corrected easier than making a massive recall.

C.M. You still working on your web site or are you happy with it?

JOSE The website may take me at least four years to complete. I am happy with how is it going, but I am not satisfied. There are lots of things to be done. But sadly, it can't be my top priority so I can only dedicate to it some of my spare time.

C.M. YOu are working in construction, what exactly are you doing?

JOSE I am an architect and currently I work on a huge and expensive building. Basically, I have to work on details and watch those to be built the way they are planned. However I have female colleagues, so I cannot curse a lot, nor yell obscenities to ladies passing by. No, joking, I wouldn't do the last part, but I systematically curse and mumble dirty jokes.

C.M. Women can be just as bad!!! What sort of a biulding is it?

JOSE It's an office building for a mining company. As this business is one of the most profitable in Chile, the client has money and likes to demonstrate that. Let's say that I feel like I was working on a huge palace for the Pharaoh and I keep my fingers crossed to not to get killed in sacrifice for the gods and get buried inside. If so, I may have just a few months to live from the time I am writing this, heh.

C.M. What got you back into Transformers after all this time or did you always have a fondness for them?

JOSE I have a general fondness for my childhood and Transformers were there in the 80s. However, the main difference with cars is that Transformers were expensive. Diecast cars are penny toys, so I never stopped collecting them. Thus, most Transformers were more of an impossible dream to fulfil. And all of the sudden, I realize they were still there. In the beginning I went always cheap, buying junk. However, in 2005 I started to make money... And that's completely different. The fondness for them had a context which allowed it to have funds.

C.M. Can you remember who was tha first one you bought when you started to make money?

JOSE First I bought a lot with several Autobot cars... But they weren't mint, so my first "premium" purchase was a great condition Wheeljack plus a MIB Mospeada 6" Cyclone. That was then the first time I spent USD 200 in a single transaction. Unfortunately it wasn't the last time!

JOSE When I was a kid... Wait, I think I'm still a kid. At least in my heart, does it count? Ahem, my favorites were Thundercracker, because I like blue, and Ironhide, because he was tough. I liked many others too, but those were the tops.

C.M. Of course it counts, I think we are all kids at heart here. Do you have Thundercracker and Ironhide?

JOSE Both of them. Thundercracker was my second purchase on eBay, back in 2002. An adventure as I wasn't familiar with the system. Ironhide took me longer, it was in 2005 when I got my first one. By the end of that year I got also the old black (Diaclone) version.

JOSE Hard to pick one... For a sentimental reason, Pipes, it was the first one I had and currently I have it, next to a good condition one, in my collection. The impossible and cool I wanted bad, was Prime, and it's a figure I admire how it's made. Jetfire... Looks good with or without accesories and in all modes. Ironhide... I like the ugly duckling. Shockwave... I liked the character and the toy. But, being almost cold blooded, my favorite is my favorite car: Bluestreak.

C.M. Is there a particular Transformer toy you have your heart set on getting one day or are you done?

JOSE "Done" doesn't apply to collections! My holy Grail is one I believe will remain elusive forever: Bluestreak in original blue and silver. That one being the top of the top, but I can use many more stuff I still don't have: Diaclone Great Robot Base, Big Powered, blue Swoop, etc.

JOSE Not too many, but they are quality friends. And I appreciate their friendship as much as that of my other habeas corpus friends.

JOSE G1 Pipes. Chrismas present in 1986. It was a weird mix of disappointment and excitement. The first because I wanted a Prime, but it was too expensive, and the second because it's very cool! Having the rubsign was, in my neighborhood, like having a VIP pass. The advertisement of the time made that point strongly and those with non-official Transformers suffered the consequences. Besides that, the toy grew on me and I still have it. Patched up and with many battles on, but there. And it has a place in my collection too.

C.M. Who was your first transformer the second time around

JOSE It was a Beast Wars transmetal Terrorsaur. That one also gave me a boost to go for others. This figure eventually went out of the collection, because it was just too different from those I want to collect - mostly the old designed stuff. Beast Wars toys and the alike just look too "organic" to me.

C.M. I am guessing that he wasn't a vehicle so looked awkward because of that?

JOSE The most awkward to me were the legs and arms. They were modeled too "human" to me, and the Transformers are those clumsy reconverted origami. Remember that also the RiD figures were vehicles too, and they still look too organic. My biggest problem, back to the origami example, was that this newer concept was more of a humanoid which popped out from a shell. The alt mode parts were dissociated from the robot mode, they had to be stashed away from the composition, they were more of a burden... And that's not what you see on the earlier figures: The bumper bar gives shape to a hip, or a belt if you like on Prime, shoulders are part of the recorder on Soundwave, and so on. Besides, those early Transformers were real vehicles or objects, also realistically reproduced, unlike the later G1 ones: You got generic cars, some strange vehicles, for example in Computron... I can't relate them to something real. They may be interesting to many people (and probably 1987 can be a pricey catalog to complete), like many other Transformers lines, but they are just not my cup of tea.

C.M. Is there anything that you would like to add Jose?

JOSECompletely off-topic: I have high political ambitions. No, not really. But I always like to call everyone's attention with that and my speeches against the way the society is doing. So here you can find a flaw on this interview because I say I am kid in my heart, but I have a geezer's attitude. Well, I'm this way since I have memory. And on second thought, here's another flaw, because making speeches is also a way of participating on politics. So yes, I really have high political ambitions.

Next up for a little gossip, Roar
Commander Megatron

C.M. Roar thankyou for you time, the pleasure is all mine.

Roar: Thank you very much for having me on the big purple couch!

C.M. Your character has a 3-way personality, two good and one bad how did you come up with that idea?

Roar: Well to tell you the truth I chose the name "Roar" as an homage to the other famous obscession I have. As per the character I have always loved the concept of the triple changing robot even though I never owned either Blitzwing or Astrotrain. I remember how much I enjoyed the commercials as a younger child and I would think to myself that if I could be a Transformer I would be a triple changer so here I am.

I am glad I didn't choose to be a six changer like Sixshot I'd never be able to figure myself out! I'd have a leg out here a wheel out there and a cannon sticking somewhere a cannon was never meant to be probably.

C.M. Is the bad characterised in any of your alternate modes, or is it just there waiting to be released when needs be?

Roar: There is a little dark in all of us. Darkslayer the Decepticon is the representation of that...she's all bad temper and anger but I don't let her out of her cage without an energo leash so don't worry!

C.M. Let her out, I want to see what she will do, oh, and let her off the leash as well!! I take it Darkslayer doesn't get out often?

Roar: Oh no! She's not even housebroken!

C.M. :lol: How did you find us here at Transformerland?

Roar: Long story ..........

I went to the used book store here near home and found the 20th anniversary DVD of Transformers The Movie (1986 animated). I had never seen it before , it was nice and had all of the extra things that came with it in it so I bought it and watched it. I had forgotten how much I loved the show Transformers as a kid!

I also had no idea that there was even a live action Transformers movie in the works even!

After watching the animated move I don't know how many times I decided that since I had an empty really good condition Shockwave box with a insert I would buy the toy go go with it. (I took the one I had in childhood apart). After I found a Shockwave I decided to get a Wheeljack since I loved that character so much so I did a search for Transformers toys online and found a seller who would accept postal money orders. Trance was so kind to me when I first started buying from him and to this day I still very rarely go elsewhere for my Transformers toys because of his quality and service.

C.M. Are you enjoying it here?

Roar: Enjoying it? I LOVE it here! I come in here everyday to see what is going on and to of course add my two cents worth to it.

C.M. Have you made many friends?

Roar: I know that this will look like total hooey but I consider everyone in here a friend! I love all of you! I feel so comfortable coming here and posting! Instead of a just toy based site Transformerland feels to me more like a little family that simply has a common interest we can all share. Everyone gets along, there are no harsh cruel words or snobbery and if someone disagrees at least it is done with respect and everyone is treated with dignity.

I have to truthfully say that even though I haven't been here that long I have become quite fond of everyone in here and I would do as much for anyone in here as I could as I would for my own flesh and blood!

So...if anyone needs anything and I can perhaps help.......let me know!

C.M. You have certainly helped me and I am most grateful, if not for you i wouldn't have Circuit and Metrotitan. Do you have many of the transformers toys?

Roar: Well I have a modest collection. All of the tremendous collections I have seen in here puts a cigarette out in the behind of mine! I enjoy looking at their's however and living vicariously through their collections and I am happy that they have something they really enjoy.

This may be sacreligious to say......but I don't have to have every Transformers toy ever made. I don't mean that as a slight against anyone when I say that but I just collect what I like. I have pretty much limited my collections to G-1 (With metal bodies mostly but I do make exceptions), Alternators, Masterpiece, and Classics.

C.M. Who is your favorite transformer character?

Roar: Megatron because he is such a complex and interesting character. To quote Stan Lee of Marvel Comics "The best kind of villain is the villain that thinks he's right" I've said it before but I just like the unbridled even joyful machinations of Megatron's evil plans. Besides....a hero is only as good as the evil he fights.

C.M. I totally agree, of course. It's like wrestling, its the bad guy that makes the good guy look great and puts him "over." Have you got any of the Megatron toys?

Roar: Well I have a beautiful G-1 Magatron in box with inserts and all I bought from our man Trance and I have two of the Transformers LAM figures.... the standard one and the Best Buy exclusive figure.

C.M. Who is your favorite Transform toy?

Roar: Wheeljack! Most definitely! I just love the way he looks as a car with his color scheme along with the Alitalia and Lancia labels. In robot form the fins on his back! I love them so much I even incorporated them into Audromeda's robotic form. Everyone talks about how ugly Wheeljack is in robot form on YouTube reviews and they are of course entitled to their opinion but I think he's beautiful!

C.M. Your least lavorite character?

Roar: Cliffjumper is my least favorite character (the cartoon one not ours) but that is merely my opinion. There is plenty of room in the Transformers universe for everyone.

C.M. When you are away from transformerland how do you kick back and relax?

Roar: When I am not here I like to wash wax and repair cars. I enjoy looking for native Amerian artifacts in the area as well as catalogue and add to my fossil and petroliana collections when good opportunities arise. (Opportunities meaning that the items are cheap and real)

I am also a medieval history enthusiast so I like to put on chain mail, sugarloaf helm, surcoat, sword and walk around the yard. (My neighbors just love that) I also enjoy writing outlandish letters to the editior of our local newspaper just to see if they'll print one. They actually did once and my mother didn't go to chruch for three weeks afterwards.

C.M. :shock: :lol: :lol: What did you say to them!?

Roar: Eveyone who knows me thought it was funny and thats what I was shooting for anyway! My mother whether she likes to admit it or not thought it was funny too. My husband just sort of put his hand on his head, rolled his eyes and sighed. Actually he puts up with a lot and I am lucky to have him!

C.M. We all know you are a big fan of the Thundercats, are you hoping to complete that collection one day?

Roar: Oh Lord no! I'll never have a complete collection! Two of the action figures (Thunderwings Lion-O and Luna-Lasher Mumm-Ra) cost over $1,500.00 (American) apiece. There's no way I am going to spend that kind of cash no matter how much I love the show! That's a really crummy car or a minor surgery!

There are just four more large pieces and six small ones from the original LJN Thundercats line that I am going to try to procure before the 2010 movie release and maybe then I can find some sort of happy stopping place.[/quote][/quote]

C.M. Never say never!! Is there anything that you would like to add?

Roar: I don't think we should subject your readers to too much more. Didn't I run my mouth enough? j/k

C.M. Roar it has been a pleasure thank you for joining me here on the big Purple Couch.

Up next on the big Purple Couch, our resident Fembot Fatale, Arcee
Commander Megatron

C.M. Arcee, thank you for taking the time to sit on the Big Purple couch. It's is a pleasure to have you here.

C.M. I know that you are a relatively new to the TF world but what got you into them?

Arcee: That would be Rodimus' fault. Although my older brothers were big TF fans when they were younger, I was more into Rainbow Brite and He-Man/She-Ra when I was a kid. It wasn't until Rodimus got back into TFs a couple of years ago that I began watching all of the episodes and learning about them, and appreciating how cool they are. Although, Rodimus only got into them again because of you, so really, I guess you're indirectly to blame for me too!

C.M. That is sacrilege!! What was the fascination with the muscle bound flesh creatures?

Arcee: I don't know. Something about Prince Adam raising his sword, screaming "I have the power!" and turning into He-Man was fascinating as a kid. Then you found out he had a sister, She-Ra, who was just as powerful and really damn cool, and that was it--I was a goner! Though I think that if either of my brothers had sat me down and let me watch Transformers with them, I probably would have loved it, too. Alas, that never happened.

C.M. Do you have many of the toys?

Arcee: Not at all, actually--barely a dozen. I'm not a completist, so I only have a few of the figures that I really wanted, such as the 20th Anniversary Prime and a couple of movie Arcees. Rodimus does the collecting for the two of us, you could say.

C.M. Is there any figure in particular that you would like, aside from a G1 Arcee?

Arcee: I'm looking forward to the Classics Ironhide that's coming out. He's one of my favorite characters, so it's nice to see him with a head.

C.M. Who's your favorite character?

Arcee: Aside from the obvious, I have this weird fascination with Smokescreen. Ironhide and Ratchet were instant favorites as soon as I first saw them. I love Ravage. Jetfire. Soundwave. I could go on for ages ... Starscream cracks me up. Prime and Megatron are iconic; they go without saying. I'm also fond of Springer ... *can sense the jokes coming.*

C.M. Rodimus know about that!! LOL!!! True to character there Arcee. I too have a fondness for Smokescreen. If you could pick one Decepticon to be an Autobot who would you pick?

Arcee: Ooh, that's tough. Umm ... you know, it always struck me as kind of odd that Soundwave was a Decepticon. I never saw anything innately evil about him--it always seemed like he could go either way. He wasn't flamboyant in his evilness, the way a character like Starscream is. Plus I don't really care for Blaster, so you guys could have him.

C.M. I don't want him!! LOL!! Who's your least favorite character?

Arcee: SKY LYNX. I don't know who I hate more, Sky Lynx or Wheelie. HATE HATE HATE.

C.M. It is clear that Arcee was chosen because she is Hot Rod's/Rodimus Prime's main squeeze. What if there was no connection between the two would you have chosen her or someone else?

Arcee: Well, at the time I chose her, I didn't really realize she was that connected to Hot Rod. She was the only fembot I knew of, so she was an easy pick, but the more I learned about her, the more I liked her. Elita-1 never grew on me for some reason, so I think if I couldn't have had Arcee, I probably would have chosen Chromia. And I really liked Nightbird.

C.M. Why the fondness for Nightbird?

Arcee: She was just badass, kicking the crap out of the Autobots all on her own. I think Megatron was a little smitten!

C.M. :shock: :shock: :oops: Never!! :lol: How did you come across Transformerland?

Arcee: A certain evil commander pointed me in the direction of these fine forums! And I'm glad you did; it's a great place.

C.M. I am glad I did, it is a pleasure to have you here. Are you still enjoying it as much as always?

Arcee: I am. It can be sad when posters leave, and we seem to have had a period of bad news around here lately, but there's still a feeling here that keeps me logging in every day.

Arcee: Oh yes. I can be somewhat of a private person, so I never expected to find a place where I felt comfortable enough around the posters that I would actually become good friends with them. We've all said it time and again, but it really is like a family. I never thought I would grow to care so much about people I've never met before; it's reassuring.

C.M. When you aren't here how do you relax?

Arcee: I love to read. I work part time in a comic shop, so the perk from that is I have access to endless comics and graphic novels. But just give me a good book and a nice cup of coffee, and I'm in heaven. Aside from that, video games and movies.

Arcee: Just to thank you for the interview. I hope you've enjoyed doing these as much as we've all enjoyed reading them.

C.M. I do enjoy doing them, as long as there are people to chat to it will be done. Arcee thankyou for your time once more.

Next up on the Purple Couch, Autobot old timer Kup.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Hey Kup, thankyou for taking the time to do this it is an honor to have a chat with you.

Kup The honor is all mine CM, thanks for having me on the couch

C.M. You settled on the Kup character, why the "Old Timer" and not Sideswipe or Springer or someone "younger" for want of a better term?

Kup Odd story, I'd say, I found the G1 toy in a box I bought for 50€ which was filled with TF's, I was intriged by the futuristic shape and sleek looks of his altenate mode, when looking in the identify section I found out which character Kup was , and I started ID-ing the contents of the box thanks to TFL , so I decided to to join the forums there, fastly I found out that I could take an alter ego and the first thing that sprung to mind was the sleek futuristic truck's name

C.M. Do you have many of the transformers toys?

Kup Well it seems a mystery because I'm trying not to show off with my stuff , I need to post some pics off my display and walls who start filing up with movie line tyf's and consorts , but given on numbers i'll own some 300-ish maybe less maybe more from a varaiety of TF lines

C.M. Who is your favorite toy?

Kup Hard one to answer , I'm always looking for "smart well made transformations" technically i would go for alternator Ravage , all time favorit would be g1 Jazz close finish with g1 Wheeljack

C.M. Who is your least favorite?

Kup Hmm let me think, I could name a lot of stuff that's just there for collecting sake , but the crappy-est would be Quickmix

C.M. Who is your favorite character?

Kup I'm going with Wheeljack on this one, I just love the flaching sidelights instead of a mouth

C.M. Who is your least favorite character?

Kup That would be the Wheelie Character , just annoying listening to him, I even bet that the voice of wheely committed suicide afterwards , *laughs maniacly*

C.M. Have you held onto your original collection or like many of us did you give them away and start into them again?

Kup Well I held on to most of them , some got stolen from the old house that we rent , by the rentees kids , so I salvaged some euro g2's and my first TF love Wheeljack , wich I restored in his former glory, but as a kid I hadn't got many tf's so the virus caught up with me when seeing the alternators line

C.M. How did you find Transformerland?

Kup Well when digging in again and buying/identifying TF's i joined up the boards attached to the TFL site

C.M. Are you still enjoying it here?

Kup Every moment is enjoyment on these boards, i've been busy lately and I feel sorry for letting my "friends" down not beeing there , only on this forum I can feel a warm bond between al members and I consider them as friends, if i can help they just have to shoot me a pm and i'll be there for them

C.M. Have you made many friends here at Transformerland?

Kup I certainly have, I've met wonderfull people from arround the globe on this "little' board with every one of them "special and unique" , Always a blast to "hang" with the guys

C.M. When you aren't here at TFL how do you like to relax and unwind?

Kup I'm guilty of beeing a motorhead, I just love the smell of high octane gasoline in the morning , you can find me every weekend on a mini mx track working those kiddies bikes ridden by adults, otherwise i'm participating in fun roadbook rally's or speeding along on my roadbike, I can't help it it's just "natural" for mee to be arround roaring pieces of engineering craftmenship and it makes me feel at ease
otherwise i'm salvaging old R/C parts and restoring those scaled beauties from the 80's and 70's

C.M. You have got to get to the Manx TT Races. Have you ever had an accident while on you bike?

Kup The manx TT would be a dream come true , especially if they would race the old glory 70's and 80's monsters , for my own race time I try to keep the rubber side on the track, but in mini mx it's uninvedible that you keep rolling for longer then 3 months without eating some dirt literally and figurally spoken tho.., for my road going bike trips I try to keep "my ----" together and drive responsibil ,tho it begs me to open up the throtle to push the needle beyond the 10.000 rpm mark

C.M. Speaking of repairs are you doing any more customs?

Kup Always , always the project table is never empty , i'm always fidling arround with ko's and stuff like the roadbot Arcee i'm doing at the moment, but with summer in reach and mini mx season stopping by , I haven't found any time to continiue my "masterpiece" rushing it would spoil it

Kup For starters some more response from hasblow to import many new toylines like animated and such into europe and as second, I thank the whole crew from tfl for making this board such a nice place, you guys all rock!

C.M. Thankyou for your time once more Kup.

Kup The pleasure was all mine.

Next up a chat with Decepticon Lieutenant, Deszaras.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Lieutenant Deszaras, thankyou for joining me on the big purple Couch.

C.M. You have taken on the name of Deszaras, why not one of the U.S./U.K. G1 characters instead?

Deszaras Well being in the Uk I was able to pick up the complete japnese part of G1 on DVD. The Deszaras character just struck me as brilliant, kinda like Megatron in the comics. Also he's the only G1 decepticon commander without a standard vehicle mode.

C.M. Before you became Deszaras it was Stalker, why did you change characters?

Deszaras It was after I watched Tf:Victory I then simply decided I would be happier as Deszaras.

C.M. When it comes to the Japanese transformers you have a vast amount of knowledge, do you prefer them to the original G1's?

Deszaras To a point. I like the victory series of figures, Which I would like to get a complete set of some day. The later lines have some very weak figures [sky garry for one] but also included some nice figures [star convoy. batle gai, guard city and the predators/turbomasters]. Plus they didn't have any action masters.

Deszaras Most of the ones I like, which is how I like to collect them. In total that means I have about 200 figures.

C.M. Who is your favorite toy?

Deszaras Now thats a very hard question. But as I cannot decide between my top ten so I'd have to say, Sixshot, greatshot, deszaras, Brawl[movie 2007 leader], MP megatron, Fallen, Alternators mirage, Stalker, Energon unicron and G1 scorponok

Deszaras Toy would definately be superion, he just loks like a very bad slitwalker.

C.M. Is there any transformer that you are particularly looking for?

Deszaras The remaining three members of dinoking at the moment.

Deszaras If Megatron had acted throughout the toon like he did in the movie then he would win this automatically. But really for toon appearance Deszaras is my favourite. On the comics side my favourite character was shockwave.

Deszaras Computron. Just annoyed me for no obvious reason. I'll quote abominus here "Computron think too much"

C.M. Have you held onto your original collection or like many of us did you give them away and start into them again?

Deszaras The members of my original collection Either A) got destroyed by me when I was younger or b) Got misplaced and were never seen again.
One day about a year ago I found my old G1 scorponok and thought hey lets replace him. This lead to me hunting down those i never had as a kid.

C.M. You also have a very large Zoids collection, have they also been a favorite?

Deszaras Zoids were another part of my childhood. I had a mammoth, zoidzilla and a zunder. they got a bit lost and broken as well. Collecting Tfs led me into getting some zoids which led to my collecting of them. currently I have all bar about four of the ones I want.

C.M. Are you planning on getting them or are they very expensive?

Deszaras Well two of the four zoids I want King Gojulas and Gilvader are helpfully being reissed in september by tomy in japan (to celebrate the 25th anniversary of zoids) so I'll pick them up then. The other two hayate liger and Evo flyer are quite cheap and easy to acquire I just haven't gotten round to getting them.

C.M. If you had to choose between the two who would you go with?

Deszaras Transformers. I'd love to see a zoid/tf crossover line of figures {which may happen considering they are owned by the same company.}, Maybe I'll kitbash one someday.

C.M. How did you find Transformerland?

Deszaras While looking for a nice G1 grimlock on the notorious auction site I found a link to TFL.

C.M. Are you still enjoying it here?

Deszaras Absolutely. Its not only a great site but almost every day someone comes up with a Tf that gets added to the ever expanding Tf want list.

Deszaras Yes indeed.

C.M. Are you still working on custom transformers?

Deszaras Yes indeed. I have three more dinobots to do {swopp, slag and snarl} as well as making galrauch transform. I'll then go looking for more Promising figures for customising. I've been haiving thoughs about using Movie leader prime as part of a functional combiner...

C.M. Who has been your best custom so far.

DeszarasWell thats a tough question. But considering the responses I have had on a few sites. its pretty close between Firestorm and Grimlock.

C.M. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Deszaras Decepticons forever!

C.M. Thankyou again for your time and it has been a pleasure.

Next upon the Decepticouch the Decepticon street punk.....Rumble.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Rumble, it is a pleasure to have you join me here on the big purple Decepticouch.

Rumble The pleasure is all mine Commander.

C.M. Tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do?

Rumble I run a warehouse in a big DIY store, I spend most of my day driving around on a forklift unloading lorries, doing paperwork, and trying to keep the place tidy. It can be quite stressful at times but also a good laugh.

C.M. You have been a member of TFL for quite a while now are you enjoying the forums?

Rumble Of course I am, I visit here nearly everyday. Its always great to see what other collectors are up to, and find new things to add to my ‘wish list’.

C.M. How did you come across TFL?

Rumble You can thank the sites E-bay link for that! When browsing the auction site for another purchase I noticed that it said 'I did my research at TFL' so I followed the link and found the ID section. That helped me alot as I found out what I was missing from some of my larger figures (Metroplex - I will finish him one day lol) and then I found the fourms. I read a few posts and thought it seemed like a freindly place so I joined up. The rest is history!

C.M. What made you decide on Rumble as a character name?

Rumble Ah good question. My love of Soundwave pointed me in the direction of his companions and I have always liked red and black as a colour scheme going back to when I used to play Warhammer 40K, so I liked the way Rumble looked. Once I researched him and found out about his personality I developed an even better liking for him. Then there was the whole transposing of the colour scheme in the cartoon series that added a little more history to the character. Not to mention the fact he turns into a micro cassette tape. How cool is that!

C.M. Do you have many of the transformer toys?

Rumble To me I have quite a lot, but compared to some of the other collections I have seen on the site it is almost nothing. I hate to guess but including all series and any combiners and micromasters I think I have anywhere between 300/400. Looking around my room I must have at least 100 out for the world to see.

C.M. 400 is an excellent amount, I have about 400 as well. How long did it take you to gather them up?

Rumble When I first started on TFL I posted my collection and it was about 50 so it has rocketed in the last year. I have pieces from all the different series now where as before it was mainly G1.

C.M. What was the first transformer you got?

Rumble I am sure it was a G1 Starscream that I brought from a car boot sale when I was small. He had no wings, no fists, no guns but he did have his landing gear! I still have him in my Transformer box and am slowly rebuilding him via e-bay, although he is quite a state now after the amount of play I got out of him.

C.M. He had his landing gear!! I'm surprised. Have you many more pieces to go to complete him?

Rumble That’s what surprised me when I found out that the landing gear is normally the first thing to get lost. All I need to get for him now is the rear grey wings, and his launchers and missles.

C.M. What got you into transformers the first time round?

Rumble They were robots… that changed into things. I am a sci-fi kind of guy, so robots have always been cool to me. The fact that I could fiddle with a robot and make it into a car/plane/cassette was great!

C.M. Have you always been a fan or did something spark your interest and get you back into them for a second time?

Rumble I have always been a fan since I got Starscream, but lack of money and the disappearance of them for awhile from the Argos catalogue meant that I didin’t know about the different series after G1. I got a G2 Prime for Christmas but that was all I ever heard about it. It wasn’t until Beastwars came out that I found out they were still going and I managed to get myself my first ‘Megatron’. Then more recently the 2007 Movie fanned the flames of fandom once more.

C.M. Do you have a G1 Megatron?

Rumble Of course! What collection could be complete without a figure of the Maniacal Megatron! He was one of the first figures I got hold of after the 2007 movie came out, and had been on my want list ever since I got my first G1 Prime back in the early 90's.

C.M. WHAT!!! You had a Prime before Megatron?

Rumble The Prime was another early car boot sale find, infact he was my second ever TF! I have at least 10 different Versions of Megatron now, from several of the different ranges.

C.M. What was the first toy you bought second time around?

Rumble My first ‘new’ purchase was Razorbeast from the Beastwars line.

C.M. What is your favorite toy?

Rumble A hard question as there are so many that I like. The list would have to include G1 Starscream, Prime, Rumble as well as The Dinobots. I love the Masterpiece series as well.

C.M. What is your least favorite?

Rumble Action Master Kick-off. Not because I really dislike the toy or character, but it was the disappointment I felt when I got him home to find out he didn’t transform. (What can I say, I was young and didn’t read the box). Also his legs never seemed to stay on him for very long.

C.M. There are not many fans of the Action Maters here at TFL. Was he the only action master you got? I am guessing that put you off buying anymore.

Rumble He was the only Action Master I got. I might look into getting a few more at one point (Shockwave/Soundwave/Megatron) but there are other bits I am after first.

Rumble Rumble is right at the top because he is a no good street punk, followed by Starscream, Megatron, Prime and Soundwave. Grimlock is cool as well.

Rumble Wheelie. Him and his rhymes annoyed me. Also he shoots Grimlocks nose, saves the autobots and steals a spaceship in the movie. I don’t like him.

Rumble Just a thank you to you for taking the time to ask the questions, and of course a big thank you to all my friends here at TFL for putting up with me! Everyone here is great!

Next up on the Decepticouch for a radioactive chat Sunstorm
Commander Megatron

C.M. Sunstorm, thankyou for joining me here, it is a pleasure to have this opportunity to have a discussion with you.

Sunstorm I'm always honoured to share an e-couch with my commander

C.M. We all know you have been ill recently, are you getting better?

Sunstorm Yes and no... because I've just recently learned that what was previously thought to be Erythema Nodosum is now probably Sarcoidosis, I now have a whole new range of questions for my GP. I'll be seeing them in the chest clinic soon and will hopefully have more steer on just how I can expect this condition to keep affecting me. I don't normally have it constantly, but I've had it now since late January/early February which is too long a time - I'm just sick of it now. I have good and bad days, with the worst days meaning I can't walk very well, and the good days meaning I'm just in a little pain and have stupid blotchy lesions/bruises all over me - I look like a bad drawing of a person at the moment . Joking aside, it's not the end of the world and it's certainly not terminal, so I count myself lucky.

C.M. You are saving up to get married, are you looking forward to the big day?

Sunstorm Hell yeah! Florida is mine and Mrs S's favourite place in the world... we're one of those few couples who doesn't care about the cheesy and seedyness of theme parks - we just want to ride those roller coasters all day long! We're both very private people and so, to avoid inviting every single relative and half the western world, we're deliberately going overseas to ensure they can't follow us. Some may find that harsh, but believe me, you don't know our relatives. It will be the best idea we ever had! Just our immediate family, Mam, Dad and siblings, will be coming along, which is perfect for us. Since we're both nutty about toys, we're a perfect match. I can't wait til she (Michelle's her real name) really IS Mrs S...

C.M. How did you come across transformerland?

Sunstorm Last year, on my birthday, I found myself with some spare cash and was scouting round for sites other than ebay that I could get hold of Transformers. A few choice words typed into google, and whaddya know? I find the best damn Transformer site out there. I immediately found these forums to be so friendly, that I couldn't help but hang around.

Sunstorm Without a doubt. I've mentioned a few times that I'm a private person, which is a bit of an under-statement, but I find that here, for the first time I can actually speak about things that affect me from day to day, without fear of judgment - infact, quite the opposite. I've had nothing but words and gestures of support from so many members, Elita, OP, Roar, yourself, to name but a few. If I was to try and mention everyone, this message would be too long. I've been a member of a few forums over the years and never have I met a bunch of genuinely great people as here on TFL. Put it this way, with forums, I tend to join, post for a bit and then disappear. With TFL, I won't be going anywhere.

C.M. Why did you choose Sunstorm for your board name?

Sunstorm Well, when I joined, I was still very much a TF novice (and I still am really, just with some bolstered knowledge here and there) and my favourite TF was Starscream, simply because he was my first TF as a child, and also I loved his deceptive nature in the G1 'toon. I think someone mentioned Starscream as a board name was taken, and although I'd never heard of Sunstorm before at the time, I quickly gathered that Sunstorm was infact a clone of Starscream, only waaaay more powerful, so, what better name to pick than that? Now, I must admit that Sunstorm is absolutely my favourite character after reading through the dreamwave stuff...

C.M. How many of the toys have you got?

Sunstorm Crikey *runs off to count*.... I now have around 60 +/- TFs.... if I was asked a couple of months ago before the sale bonanza began, I would probably have answered between 170-180, but that would have been made up of a lot of smaller micromasters and minicons too. The pieces I chose to keep were either absolute favourites, special gifts from other people, or TFs that I considered could gather considerable value in years to come... I now have surprisingly very little G1 stuff, mostly masterpieces and larger modern TFs like Unicron and such. It's not that I don't like G1, far from it, I have just somehow avoided making any significant headway into that area. I know when I do, I won't stop - it's gonna be a costly part of my collection. Best to wait til after the wedding

C.M. What is your favorite?

Sunstorm I bet everyone picks joint faves here, so I'll have to... I think my MP Sunstorm custom is right up there, just because no-one else has one like mine. Sure, someone else may have made one, but mine is the only one like mine.... that makes him special. Plus, he's Sunstorm, of course - and he's the first and only Sunstorm I've owned so far. I recently had Deszaras without his tail, and I regrettably sold him as I needed the cash - I really did love him, but I'm OK with it as I made a decent profit on what I paid for him, and it gives me an excuse to pick up a complete one in future. I have three more favourites - Unicron, because I was poorly one day and Mrs S came home with it as a cheer-up surprise. What a thing to perk your chin up! My Star Wars TF, the millenium falcon - it's such a weighty, well made TF in it's ship form and it's lights and sounds (including chewbaccas famous growl) bring a smile every single time. Finally, my hybrid OPs - the tiny little masterpieces . I'm just blown away every time I look at how detailed they are, and how they are just as poseable as their much larger full size masterpiece counterparts

Sunstorm That's a hard question, especially now as I've thinned out my collection so much, only leaving pieces I truly love. I think I have a winner though, and it's not that I don't like the TF itself, it's the fact that it's a damn re-mould/re-colour of a TF I already have - it's a twin pack of Star Wars TFs Darth Vader and Obi-Wan. The Star Wars TFs are one of the few lines of TFs that I'm pretty much complete with (I'm missing one at the moment which I'll get soon) and to be ensure I was complete, I had to purchase this twin pack. Bloody annoying that I already had the same two TFs, just in slightly different colours, so to be complete the purchase felt forced, which is never good. Feeling obliged to purchase TWO TFs like that, not just one, is something that I was quite disappointed with. DAMN HAS-BLOW

C.M. Who is your favorite Transformers character?

Sunstorm If we're talking the G1 toon, it has to be Starscream. I've made my throat hurt trying to recreat his voice... In the comics though, surprise, surprise, I love Sunstorm.

Sunstorm Blurr. It's his voice in the original movie - it's enough to make me want to find every toy of him and melt them into tiny, stupid, autobot pieces.

C.M. Is there any transformer you have your eye on?

Sunstorm There are 3 that I really want at the moment, and one isn't strictly a TF, although the toy itself does transform... I want that purple movie accurate reissue of Galvatron with the matrix *wipes away drool*, I want the other Hyrbid OP I don't have, the Galaxy Convoy, and I'm eyeing up a Macross Valkyrie special edition die cast in black and gold - not the VF-1S like jetfire, it's a YF-19. It just looks awesome in the pics I've seen. (that's Jose's fault after seeing his Valkyries recently - I've put around 15 different ones in my watchlist in ebay )

C.M. You have sold off a lot of your transformers, are you not a bit disappointed about that?

Sunstorm Yes and no. Luckily, I always knew that one day, I would sell most of them on. I've worked with that notion in mind whenever I've bought any TFs, so I don't get too "attached". Selling them on was an inevitability for me, so I knew it was coming. The thought that I'm putting the money towards our wedding just makes it all the more easy a decision. I can always re-buy any TF, but I can never re-host my wedding... I still ensured I kept the real special ones to me, so it's all good. The only thing I'm disappointed with now are the huge gaps in my display shelves. Believe me, when the wedding is done, there will be a TF explosion in my flat!

C.M. Will you try and get them all back or only a select few?

Sunstorm Some of them I may re-buy - I had a lot of Alternators, but I think on re-buying I will go for the better made Binaltechs... and I'll commit sacrilege and keep them in their boxes next time too. I sold some G1 reissue seekers which I miss a little, but again, next time, I'll go G1 original...

C.M. How do you relax when you are not at TFL?

Sunstorm My Xbox is my best friend, after Mrs S of course. My enthusiasm for video games far preceeded my adult love for TF collecting. I also keep a lot of pets - a cat, a guinea pig, two HUGE fish tanks with Axolotl in them (they're an amphibian from the salamander family) and 3 further fish tanks with 1 holding cold water fish, the other two with tropical fish. I'm a bit of a hippy really and love to watch/read about anything to do with animals.

C.M. Have you anything you would like to add?

Sunstorm Just pretty much what I have said above - TFL is the best damn bunch of people I could hope to be a part of. I will certainly be around for a long time to come

C.M. We are glad to have you here and I speak for us all when I say get well soon.

Next up on the Decepticouch, Beast Wars very own Dinobot.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Dinobot it is an honor to speak with yourself, thankyou for taking the time to chat.

Dinobot Thank you very much for having me commander, I love reading these interviews, and am honored to take part in one!

C.M. Tell us a bit avbout yourself what do you do?

Dinobot Well, currently I work for US Customs and Border Patrol (CBP). I am part of the aviation training program. I have always been into aviation since my first trip to an aviation museum at age 7. I love it there, I get to do alot of stuff most of the public knows nothing about, they even let me fly sometimes

Dinobot Its kind of interesting. I was helping a friend of mine open his own toy store, and for payment he let me pick out what transformers I wanted. As I did, I collected alot of weapons and such for figures, and didn't have a clue as to who they went to. I did a few searches for TF parts and TFL was the first one I came to.

C.M. What made you sign up?

Dinobot I was looking for a place to ask questions on my TF actvity center and I remembered "Hey TFL has a forum!" So I still remember what my very first post was After that and seeing everyone here was as addicted to TF's as I am, I was hooked.

Dinobot I love it here. There are so many great people on this board. We laugh, we joke, we get a few giggities in there from Galv. Its a really neat place to come and chat with people from around the world. And mostly talk TF's.

Dinobot I think I have made lots of friends here. I have only talked on the phone or online to maybe a few people, but I think of everyone here as a friend. We all support each other no matter whats going on. Words of encouragement have a lasting effect on those hitting hard times like I have in the past. Its really hard as well to lose people that you have come to know. Menasor was one of those that I talked to. It was shocking to lose him. Its wonderful though how we all band together to give thanks for a guy like him.

C.M. Why did you decide on the Dinobot character?

Dinobot I decided on Dinobot for a few reasons. I am a huge Jetfire/Skyfire fan, but I recognized that there were really no beast wars characters here. That being one of my favorite shows, I wanted megatron, but alas, I didnt want to impede your reign of megalomania. Dinobot was also one of my favorites because of how he went from bad to good, then came back to life and went from bad to good again. He was also an awesome warrior.

Dinobot As toys go I think I have quite a few. I have every character that appeared in the beast wars US cartoon, even the transmutate and x9 Ravage. I am on a mission to collect all the figures that appeared in the US G1 cartoon, and a few that were not. I guess that would classify me as a completist. I would guess I have around 300 or so figures counting my alternators, and customs.

Dinobot My favorite toy is Jetfire. My friends all banded together and bought me a boxed one for my birthday a few years back. He was in this vintage toy store I frequented. They all knew that he was one of my favorites and how I drooled over that thing. They made me take him to out to the restaurant that night and set him on the table in front of me. It was such a funny night, as well as embarassing.

C.M. Is there a particular toy that you would like to have?

Dinobot As far as a particular toy, I am kind of envious of Deszaras' dinoking figure he's completing, I bet that toy would rock. I really really want a masterpiece Ultra Magnus, but he costs too much, so im making one. He's almost there!

C.M. What is your least favorite Transformer toy?

Dinobot My least favorite toy would have to be a combo of Ratchet and Ironhide. I love the characters, but whoever designed them should be stripped of toy making. They remind me of the transforming skyscraper from the movie Big. "What kid wants to play with a skyscraper?" I dont remember them being snowmobiles.

Dinobot I am fond of Sureshot, he was my first TF, but Jetfire is so freakin cool! Although he becomes another Autobot carrier, he is an awesome idea. He is alot like dinobot, being bad, but becoming good. That seems lame I know. His character and strength in the later DW comics is another reason why. He gave ol Sunstorm a very rough go-round!

Dinobot My least favorite character would be Cerebros. After making such an awesome base, he starts to whine about fighting. At least wheelie stayed in the fray! (Dont get me wrong, im not condoning wheelie) It just struck me as weakness.

Dinobot I would just like to say thanks for having me, and thanks to all who welcomed me here!

Next up a chat with the Aerial Lord of Destruction, Ramjet.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Ramjet, it is a pleasure to do this with you.

Ramjet The pleasure's all mine! These interviews are really cool to read.

C.M. I know that you and I are in similiar jobs, tho i don't know much about screen printing, is it hard to do?

Ramjet There's a learning curve, but I was a newspaper printer for a long time, and in bands that didn't have enough money to have shirts printed. So, a lot of it came naturally and through necessity.

C.M. Have you ever considered getting an embroidery machine in?

Ramjet NO! They are so loud! Whack-whack-whack, all day long. (shuddup, Galv) Doesn't it drive you nuts? Plus, I have no idea how to digitize.

C.M. They are loud but you get used to it. I take it that screen printing is very quiet?

Ramjet Oh yes, except for the music I always have blaring, and the occasional bellowing stream of filthy words when something goes wrong.

C.M. You have been around TFL for a good while now, are you enjoying it here?

Ramjet I think my enormous post count can attest to that! TFL is home. It was the first toy forum I ever joined, and TF's are my main collection. And the people here are so knowledgeable and willing to help. You don't get that at a lot of other forums.

Ramjet Who hasn't made friends here? It's a big old happy family. I wish we had a relative that lived in Japan though, so we could get all the sweet JP releases! It's cool having friends on 4 different continents.

C.M. How did you find Transformerland.com?

Ramjet I never had an Optimus Prime when I was a little shaver, that's what started the collecting snowball. I was looking for one, and my old lady found this site for me to buy an OP. Later, I joined the forums because I had a question about a seeker, I think, and the rest is history.

Ramjet Don't make me count! Yes, it's thoroughly out of control. OK, I counted. There are around 225.

Ramjet Just one? I'm gonna have to say Sludge. I love the wings in robot mode. I almost chose him for my character here.

Ramjet The least favorite I have is probably Cosmos. I never liked him, even though I had him as a kid. But, he doesn't take up much room and someday I would like to have all the mini-cars. Which means I will eventually need to get a Wheelie, too.

C.M. Is there any toy in particular that you have your heart set on getting?

Ramjet Oh, there are a few! I would love to have a Predaking someday, but a bit more economically feasible for me would be a G1 (or re-issue) Megatron.

Ramjet I always liked Soundwave. Quiet, loyal and sneaky. Brawn is a favorite, too. Just a tiny little bad-a$$.

Ramjet Wheelie is too easy. Blurr is annoying, and Silverbolt is too goody-two-shoes for my tastes.

C.M. Who was the first Tf toy you got?

Ramjet That brain cell is long gone. Must've been a mini-car, though. Maybe Bumblebee or Windcharger? I remember getting a Jazz for Christmas, and I couldn't transform it. I gave it to my dad to transform, then I said "Cool! Now change him back!" That didn't last long.

C.M. Ramjet, you have a fondness for the Gobots, what is about them that appeals to you more than the transformers?

Ramjet I wouldn't say more than TF's, but I had a handful of Go-Bots when I was a little nard. I wanted to get the few I had when I started re-collecting, and like every other collection, it just snowballed. The combiners and bases are great, plus they're all the same size.

C.M. How did you decide on Ramjet as a character name?

Ramjet I wanted to chose one that wasn't a really popular character, like Starscream or Optimus to avoid confusion. I always liked the seekers. Back then there was a Starscream (or 2) here, as well as Thrust. So, I figured what are the chances of another Ramjet joining? Plus, he crashes into stuff!

Ramjet Keep up the excellent work on the interviews. They are great reads and they must take a good bit of your time. Who will interview you?

C.M. My interview is almost complete, Autobot leader Rodimus Prime did it.

Next Up on the Decepticouch for a chin wag is Sentinel Prime.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Sentinel Prime, it is a pleasure to talk with you.

S.P. It's my pleasure to talk with you Commander!

C.M. You are the oldest member here, tell us a bit about yourself.

S.P. I was born and raised in Portales, New Mexico. I'm one of three brothers, I'm the middle child. I'm 44 years old and am married to my lovely wife Denise for 15 years. We have one handsome 12 year old son named Brett, who is a loyal fan of transformers too! I am currently working on my Master Degree in History/Government and plan in about two years to be teaching at a college somewhere.

C.M. What first got you into transformers?

S.P. What got me into transformers...I had a friend that some of the original G1 figures and once I saw them I was hooked and have been collecting them ever since!

C.M. How did you find us?

S.P. A friend of mine I knew from another transformers website turned me on to Transformerland and I've loved it from day one.

S.P. I have made many good friends here at TFL. I just wish I could meet them in person and we didn't live so far apart. To name a few: Time Traveller, Commander Megatron, Roar, Rumble, Ramjet, Sunstorm, Des, Arcee, Jose, Rodtimus Prime, Trance, and Sunstreaker.

C.M. Why did you choose the name Sentinel Prime?

S.P. I chose the screen name Sentinel Prime because I had seen a comic book that had this character in it and I just thought it was a cool name. I had always wished they had made a Sentinel Prime toy too!

C.M. Do you have many of the Transformer toys?

S.P. At last estimated count...I have close to over 1300 different figures that are housed in four glass cases. I'm going to need to eventually get another case! It's over 24 years of collecting!

C.M. What is your favorite toy?

S.P. Among my favorite figures are my Rare Transformers Gun collection, my G1 combiners, and my G1/G2 expanded Seeker Jets and my G1 Dinobots and their counterparts G2 Decepticon Dinobots!

C.M. What is your least favorite toy?

S.P. My least favorite figures are some of the (RID) Robots in Disguise figures. Ones like Sky-Byte and the Build Team!

S.P. My two favorite characters which I try and collect everything of them is Optimus Prime and Megatron.

S.P. I least favorite character would have to be the Energon Combiners like Bruticus Maximus, and Constructicon Maximus because they are so flimsey made. I was greatly disappointed with them!

C.M. What is the most you have ever spent on a Transformer/

S.P. The most I've ever spent on a Transformers figure was....about $700 dollars! I HAD TO HAVE IT!!! It was a rare G1 piece complete and in mint condition.

C.M. Who was it?

S.P. I spent $700 bucks to obtain a mint condition Brave Maximus figure! Worth every penny!

C.M. Are there any toys you are looking for?

S.P. I've been searching for a rare Takara Japanese Browning with the Blue Leg version. Very hard to find!

C.M. What were the hardest pieces for you to find?

S.P. I have enjoyed searching and obtaining the rare pieces I have been lucky enough to find. The three hardest pieces to find for me have been a mint condition LioKiser, Road Caesar and G1 Raiden. But my daily persistence paid off. My best advice for anyone is to consistently do daily searches for the pieces you want, eventually it will pop up on Ebay for sale.

C.M. How do you relax when not here?

S.P. When I'm not on TFL chatting in the forums, I relax by watching movies, esp. Scifi! I love Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars, and episodes of my various Transformers series with my son. I also love playing with and creating storylines with some my transformers toys with my 12 yr. old son. Of course there are some very valuable transformers toy figures I just can't bring myself to play with for fear of breaking them!

S.P. Commander I've enjoyed talking with you and thank you for interviewing me. God bless everyone!

Next up for a gossip on the Decepticouch, Goldbug.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Hey Goldbug, thankyou for joining me here make yourself comfy on the Decepticouch.

GB: Thanks for inviting me you Autobot commander errr I mean Decepticon commander Good to be here on the infamous couch

C.M. Tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do?

GB: Just a normal guy I load trucks for a Food Distributor in north east usa. Husband and Father and avid transformer collector.

C.M. Your wife was a member here for a while, what happened she didn't post anymore?

GB: She wasn't into transformers like the rest of us. She still talks to Ramjet and Galvatron and she asks about you and a few others she knows I talk to a lot on here. Other than that I think she just didn't feel comfortable with the posting.

GB: An auction I was looking at on Ebay had there research done from here and I fallowed the link then I was watching the forums and enjoying the archives here till one day the misses looks at me and says just join the blasting thing and get it over with

C.M. Have you made many friends here at TFL?

GB: I have made a bunch of friends and a few close friends from here. It is a second home to almost everyone here.

C.M. Why did you choose Goldbug?

GB: Well at 1st I tried Bumblebee but it was taken and I didn't want to add numbers to a transformer name then I remembered the Throtlebot Goldbug a more mature Bumblebee so i tried it it and the rest is history

C.M. How many of the toys have you got?

GB: A LOT!!! the missus is ready to kill me. I think i have 235 now with 6 more in the works or mail ranging from G1, Encore, Reissues, Movie, Universe Energon and Aramada (which I just bought from my "comic guy" cleaned out his whole collection) Cybertron and the world famous Classics lines.

GB: That is simple, all of them!! Toy wise tho would have to be the Cybertron molds they the simplest to remember and transform. The G1's are great but so hard to get at a great deal.

GB: Would have to be the crossover Deathstar Vader I can never get the pannels to line up

C.M. Who is your favorite Transformers character?

GB: Why myself of course Goldbug aka Bumblebee

GB: Have to be Wheelie and Daniel from the G1 cartoon In the animated movie they where ok but in the series blah..

C.M. If there was one Decepticon you could choose to be an Autobot who would you choose?

GB: hummmm.......do you really want me to answer that one Commander?

C.M. I am guessing that you would like Megatron as an Autobot? After all he did lead them for a while!

GB: truthfully don't know I just cant really think of any from the cartoon that should be an autobot due to at one time or another almost all of them team up sometime or another to help out for the greater good. I just like to pick on you

C.M. Is there any transformer you really want?

GB: There are a lot I want but I think I miss my old Needlenose targetmaster the most for some odd reason, other than that most of my want list is in the processes of finding a new home with me

C.M. How do you relax when you are not at TFL?

GB: Right now my job is being a pain so this is my only relaxing time when I'm not online I am trying to transform some of my collection and rearranging them to fit in or on the shelfs spending time watching tv and playing with the minicon and getting my drive shaft handed to me on gutarhero 1-3 and the 80's by the misses.

C.M. Fitting them on shelves is a nightmare sometimes. Have you got them all on display?

GB: So far yes but the shelfs are getting full and some are hidden I am all the time trying to sort out who is in what mode and shows up the best in what mode. I'm thinking of taken the china hutch out and just converting that whole area into home made shelfs and using the china hutch for maybe dishes

C.M. Is there anything you want to add?

GB: Sure got a question for you. Why do you have sooooo many stuffed Primes laying around?? hehe.

C.M. 'Cos I'm a taxidermist. LOL!!

G.B. Really it was great to get interviewed I have enjoyed reading them all and its an honor to be included thank you Commander

C.M. You are welcome Goldbug.

Next up on the Decepticouch, City Commander Ultra Magnus.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Ultra Magnus, it is a pleasure to do this with you.

UM: Thanks for having me. With my recent absence, I thought I may have found a way to weasel out of this.... Just when I though it was safe to get into the energon pool, I guess.

C.M. No such luck!!! Tell us a bit about yourself.

UM: Well, I am an Aries, I like long walks on the beach, pina coladas and being caught in the rain.

Seriously, I am 34 years old. I have two sons, currently 8 and 6. I am happily married to the only woman that will put up with me, and my main goal for any given day is simply to ensure that I have made at least one person laugh.

C.M. You have been absent for a while, are you planning on staying for the foreseeable future?

UM: Unfortunately, I cannot make this promise at this time. As I have stated many times, I suffer from a rare inner ear disorder that makes life difficult to say the least. Spending time in front of the computer makes me dizzy before too long. I am seeing new doctors, but am still in just a "testing" phase. There may be hope for me yet, but today was just a special occasion (Pics of the Transformers 2 movie location set).

I think about you guys often, but simply don’t have the energy to try and keep up with you guys!

UM: I have made quite a few. It is the reason why, I do continue popping in to read, and lurk, if nothing else.

C.M. How did you find Transformerland.com?

UM: Well, it is sort of a long story. As with many here, I gave up my TF's when I was younger, because I thought girls were more important than toys. I thought if girls new I had toys in my room, they would never go there with me. I gave them all to my nephew. (Little did I know, the toys had very little to do with why I couldn't get girls in my room, but don't worry, I eventually developed mad game! )

So, about a year and a half ago, I was helping my sister pack up to move, and asked her what ever happened to those toys... she admitted the yard sale, but said that there were a couple left. One was a Sandstorm with perfect chrome, and horribly placed stickers. The other was an Ultra Magnus, cab only (neither of which had been mine... took 'em anyway. ).

So, I went on E-bay looking for UM parts, and had no clue what I was looking for. Went back to google, did a search for "Ultra Magnus Instructions." I was really looking for instruction sheet scans...
Well, I read some posts on the forums. Found you, Galvy, and Roddy and Arcee. Thought you guys were funny, and after reading everything on the first few pages of the forums, decided to join. (Sorry, TT and Jose, you guys aren't as funny as the others , and Kup, Roar, and the rest of you nuts weren't here yet, back then.

By the way, trance, even though TFL came up first when I was looking for an intructions scan, I still have not found it to this day!

UM: I have a whopping total of 34. This is if you count the Lazerbeak from the titanium Soundwave and all 5 Arielbots (KO) separately! After completing that UM, I had enough of trying to keep up with G1 rebuilding. Classics, and those that are deemed close enough in more recent lines, only for this guy.

UM: My favorite current toy is the Wal-Mart exclusive Big Daddy. It was given to me, by my boys on my birthday this year, so it holds that emotional place, but the same night I got the fig, I saw that exact car (paint job and all) on "My Name is Earl"!!! There is just something about the classic American street rod that brings out the red in my neck (I am in Virginia, after all).

From my previous collection: G1 Jetfire, all the way!

UM: Titanium Soundwave! I was very new to collecting again when I bought this P.O.S. I was unaware of the TRU exclusive re-issue, and I thought he might be my only chance to get him as a cassette deck (instead of a space jet or some such nonsense). If I look at this guy in a sideways glance, he falls over, and his leg pops off. In a pretty messed up line, he was the messed uptiddedest!
(That's right, I said "uptiddedest"!)

C.M. Uptiddedest!! Arcee will go spare when she sees that one!!

UM: Arcee usually forgives me. She knows that fun is what it all is in. (And now that I ended the sentance in a Preposition, she hit the roof!)

C.M. I take it from that you never got anymore titanium Transformers?

I already had the GI Joe v/s TF's Megatron, but I picked up the Rodimus Prime as well. The Rodimus looks nice next to Classic Voyager Optimus. Reminds me of a pimped out pick-up with a sleeper camper shell.

Niether are as flimsey as that Soundwave. Megatron tries at times, but he can't hold a candle.

C.M. Is there any toy in particular that you would like to get?

UM: Yeah, an Ironhide with G1 colors that actually has a head (and if they made a movie toy that fits that description, don't tell me... movie molds are NOT in my sights). So, I am waiting for August.

C.M. The encore Ironhide has a little cardboard head, would he not do for now?

UM: Absolutely not! Even as a kid, I didn't buy that as a working bot. I never purchased Ironhide or Ratchet because of their robot modes, and a little cardborad cut out won't change a thing.

I had plenty of Go-bots that had the "cockpit" (shut up Galvy) as a head, but they still had a full torso, and the "head" (Shut up Galvy) was still enclosed.

Bots should still be presentable in profile, if not from behind as well (SHUT UP GALVY!!!!!).

UM: All time favorite character is Optimus. G1-Mac-truck-Diesel-smokin-grey-trailer-openin'-a-can-with-his-orange-axe-hand Optimus. Peter Cullen Optimus. He was my first TF, and definitely the best.

UM:*ahem*
http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... ght=#10417

C.M. How did you decide on Ultra Magnus as a character name?

UM: Well, it was the toy that got me back into collecting, and the only reason I found this place. Due to issues with signing up (e-mail verifications and spam bots) my first idea of Hound fell through, but then I realized there was no Magnus here, and went with him instead. And before you ask, nope, I never even considered a Deceticreep!

C.M. Hound!! Ultra Magnus is much better. If there was any Decepticon you could choose to be instead of an Autobot who would it be?

UM: I really wasn't a Decipticon fan. They are all so whiney and weak!

If I had to settle for one, though, it would probably be Scrapper. Not Devastator, just his left leg. Of all of the Constructicons, he was the hardest to find (yes, I had to assemble them individually), as a kid. That always set him a bit above the others in my mind.

UM: I would like to add about $500,000 to my bank account. Another piece of grandma's chocolate pie to my dinner plate. Another 50 years or so to the end of my life. An amendment to the constitution saying that my wife has to be just as frisky as she was before we were married. A Democrat to the White House. A Star Wars prequel that makes sense. And last but not least, I wish I could find a way to end this interview with a facetious joke (a play on the question would be nice)!

C.M. Ultra Magnus once again thankyou for your time, I think I speak for us all when I say we wish you all the best.

Next up on the Deceepticouch, Cliffjumper.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Cliffjumper, it is a pleasure to have you here.

C.J. Pleasure ay..... Insert Giggety here.... insert.... hahahaha its good to be here CM

C.M. Tell us a bit about yourself what do you do?

C.J. I am a 25 year old carpenter and I have a lovely Girlfriend Gwen you know her as Elita one and I am a secret nerd. I love gaming and other aspects of PC's. I especially like case modding. I have been skateboarding for almost 10 years and have a couple sponsers I also snowboard and have been doing that for about 3 years.

C.M. Which do you prefer skateboarding or snowboarding?

C.J. Its kinda hard to answer that one but I have skated for longer so skateboarding... no snowboard no arghhhhh cant decide.

C.J. Probably the same as most people, googled transformers store and Kabam! here I am

C.J. Oh man I love this place I have to check it at least twice a day

C.M. Have you made many friends here? .

C.J. I hope so yeah I am always talking to TFL friends on msn, Galvy Ramjet minerva Goldbug the late great menasor TT yourself CM rodimus arcee Kup Sunstreaker I honestly cant wait to meet all you Guys. I am not very shy at all and feel comfortable around most people quite easily. Me and Elita plan on doing a big trip around the world in a few years so I hope u all have a spare couch for us to crash on when we come to your part of the world

C.M. Will you be coming to Northern Ireland? You can crash at mine no problem.

C.J. Definatelty wanna come to ireland gwen loves it and really wants to go and I do too so I will take u up on that offer

C.M. Why did you pick Cliffjumper as a character?

C.J. Um well funny story when I was about 9 early 90s when G1 was rereleased on TV I would watch it every morning before School and then at lunch we would play transformers and cause I was the smallest child (I am currently only 5' 6") I was Cliffjumper so thats it and since then He has always been my favourate

C.J. I currently have about 280 toys jammed into shelves around my bedroom

C.J. That would between Predaking Soundwave and the Dinobots

C.M. Is there a particular toy that you would like to have?

C.J. FORT MAX!!! and omega supreme

C.M. What is your least favorite Transformer toy?

C.J. Wheelie

C.J. Cliffjumper and Wreck-Gar

C.J. Wheelie lol and Tracks is kinda annoying too

C.J. Yes, thank you trance for starting this awesome site and forum and thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome here.

Next up.... Commander Megatron