Ebay Rant

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Ebay Rant

Post by LD2062 »

Okay not a rant so much, I got that out of system with customer support. But I do want to talk about the wonderful star system, or Top rated seller.

When you leave feedback do you leave stars? Do you know how important they are? For those who don't the stars are used by ebay to determine Top Rated Sellers, which does come with a fee discount, but more importantly is used to determine how far down the list ebay places your items. And let me tell you that getting stuck on page 3 is a good way to sell nada, nothing, zitch. So making TSR is very important.

But ebay in all its wisdom, (obvious fee hike), has decided that although they give discount based on your average, you are AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED if you receive 2 1-2 star scores in any category within A YEAR, or .5% of your total transactions, which means 3 1-2 stars for 600+ sales!!!!!!!!!!!! And if the buyer bought multiple items and left a 1 star for shipping for each item, they all count as separate stars. Although only 1 point toward your feedback total, way to be consistent ebay!!!! And ebay has made the star score anonymous, even to themselves. So the seller doesn't know who left it or why. Which makes it totally useless as a way to encourage better service. If I don't know what the problem is how can I fix it?

But ebay does not make it clear to buyers how ROYALLY SCREWED a seller can be by 1 star score. Now hey I'm not saying never to give a 1 or 2 stars. But realize its MUCH worse than leaving negative feedback. So if you never contact the seller with any problem, and you left positive feedback, does the seller deserve a hit to the tune of hundreds of dollars in fees and a huge decrease in sales?

And there is no recourse to the score even if TOTALLY unfair. Just ask the sellers who ship every item FREE and DON"T have a 5 star rating for shipping cost!!!

Okay, so it was a bit of a rant. But I didn't swear like I did when dealing with ebay support.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

And this is just one more reason why I will never use ebay again.
To buy or sell.

My own problem with them started when I put my zoids up for auction, ended up trading with someone instead of selling them. Paid my seller fee's. Then for the next 5 months I kept getting invoices to pay those same fee's and threats that I'd be turned into collections and have my credit ruined! On top of that I repetedly emailed the customer support only to get no reply and nothing done.
Then when I got on the chat help it took me talking to two different agents, faxing my bank statement showing I paid the fees, A TOTAL OF 3 TIMES! And argueing with and explaining to one of the supervisors why I wanted my ebay account deactivated.

So yeah I hate ebay.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

And the feedback, stupid *(()*)%$&^%$ feedback. Ebay is still sending me email to leave feedback on sales where the stiffed me, and I completed the whole dispute process and had the sale canceled. But wait I haven't left them there positive feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about they send some more email to the buyers? Freaking only 50% of people leave feedback if you're lucky. '

And the people who contact the seller by email with demands or they'll tank your rating. Ebay will not look at such emails let alone act on them. But they also won't hide my private email so buyers have to use ebay messages.

Honestly I cannot understand why ebay doesn't have any real competition. They continually do stuff that screws themselves. Especially the TSR thing. There are sellers who pay $3000 + in monthly fees who have no sales now cause their listings got bumped to page 5. I'm not just talking 1 or 2 either. Lists of them. I'd love to now how many silver + power sellers ebay has lost 2 months after they started this.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Okay, guys, I am sorry, but I am going to have to close this thread down.

TFL is not the place to discuss the negative aspects of another seller, or site, especially as it is not directly related to TFL.

I appreciate your frustrations, and my heart goes out to you, but this type of thread is against the code of conduct.

Thanks,

Maggie

-TFL Admin Staff