Chilean Earthquake!

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Silverbolt wrote:maybe I should get lower shelves for my toys...
8)
You have toys. You have shelves. Count your blessings!

Glad you're okay, Jose. Hope things improve real soon. Maybe let us know how things are going--but if you have more pressing things to do than keep us updated, we'll understand.

i don't come to TransformerLand to discuss current events; i come here to talk about toys and fictional characters--they're so much less painful to think about than nonfiction.

But if the people i talk to are going to be living that painful nonfiction... Maybe i should click on "General Discussions" more often. i almost missed out on Trance's kid, too.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Here's a lesson to all you young'uns out there. Yes, that means you too, you turbo-revvin' punk.

Don't think that disasters like this, far from most of your homes, will not affect you directly. I've been working for the local paper mill as of late, and the company is about to be impacted in a major way. Softwood pulp, the most expensive kind, may jump 15-30% in price in the next month because one of the world's largest suppliers of softwood pulp is in... Chile. If our mill had not ALREADY been preparing for sudden demands in pulp, we might be closing down due to the excessive cost of raw materials... There are several other paper mills worldwide that will close due to this spike, leaving people thousands of miles away from the earthquakes without jobs.

Scary, isn't it? I begin to wonder if mother nature or some other higher power isn't trying to tell humanity something with this seemingly large number of natural disasters in recent years.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Time Traveller wrote:Scary, isn't it? I begin to wonder if mother nature or some other higher power isn't trying to tell humanity something with this seemingly large number of natural disasters in recent years.
It's very scary.
Also, I've been wondering the same thing as you...