HAPPY 2007

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

HAPPY 2007

Post by Galvatron »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Cheers! Here's raising an energon cube to hail in another year of Transformer goodness, and of course happiness to all!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Happy new year. A warm, very warm happy new year indeed - I would like some coldness around here for a change.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

"It is the year 2006..."

NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE 8)

I hope this year brings joy to all.
I know that this is going to be a good year for Transformers publicity.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

*clever opening post edit* Happy new year! may this year bring you prosperity, happiness, and transformers!

(for me, it's all the same thing :P)
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Happy New Year, fellas. Hope it brings you all the best. :wink:
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Happy New Years to all Bots and Cons!

This year is gonna be better than last year, I just know it. ;)
I hope everyone gets everything they aspire for this year.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

bagales wrote:Happy new year. A warm, very warm happy new year indeed - I would like some coldness around here for a change.
I would like some warmth here, be happy to trade with ya.

Happy New Year & all that too. :D
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Hot Rod wrote:This year is gonna be better than last year, I just know it. ;)
I certainly hope so. :o
Jose

Post by Jose »

Delita-1 wrote: I would like some warmth here, be happy to trade with ya.

Happy New Year & all that too. :D
Please do so! It's been way too hot for the past two weeks here; about 35°C with no wind - although it's a dry weather -, I just can't leave the house without a bottle of water, nor sunblocker. :P

I was lucky enough to go to the coast the weekend and a few more days - came back today -, there I think it's much nicer... But I insist, this heat is way too much.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Okay okay bagales, now you're just gloating. :wink:

This is the only time of year I actually despise New England. EFF YOU, WINTER. :x
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Happy New Year everyone. Long live the Transformers!!!
Jose

Post by Jose »

Arcee wrote:Okay okay bagales, now you're just gloating. :wink:(...)
:lol:

I suppose you have snow, see some Calvin & Hobbes strips and you will get some nice ideas to put it in good use. They will make you laugh at least.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

bagales wrote:see some Calvin & Hobbes strips and you will get some nice ideas to put it in good use
Hee hee, those are hilarious. :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

every year in hougton, there is an annual snow sculpture contest for winter carnival. every year calvin and hobbes snowmen show up. last year, it was the sea monster, the drowning snowmen, and the one with a cannonball through his chest, all along with the nautical theme. problem is, we have snow, but it all keeps melting so we don't friggin have enough! we need at least a foot more up there to jump in with nothing but swimtrunks, after a good sauna!
Jose

Post by Jose »

Several years ago with some friends drove to the Andes in winter, so there were snow everywhere. We stopped and we started to make snowmen; I tried to reproduce the snowman which has been ran over with Calvin's dad; however the hood was still too hot for the snow, so it wasn't possible... Pity. Still, the snow art in Calvin and Hobbes doesn't make me smile, but laugh loudly. I have seen them several times and I always think they are funny. One I couldn't help remembering is one of the new year's time, when there is a lot of snowmen talking behind other's back, moaning, whining or just laughing at the guy who has an optimistic view to the future. :) :D
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

I'm so miserable this time of year. I mean, I don't feel like I handle the cold as any normal person would. When I'm cold, I just shut down. I don't even wanna move. In school it was a fifteen minute walk from my dorm to my classes, and with the flesh-ripping wind blowing onto your face it used to feel like you were going to die before reaching the building. Lucky for me we haven't had any horrible snow storms yet (knock on wood)--the idea of standing out there every morning cleaning my car off and shoveling just makes me wanna cry.

I'm beginning to think I should move down south. :?
Jose

Post by Jose »

Please don't get grumpy. I reckon the solution to all of us would be to move to the Easter Island, or Hawaii. Nice weather all year, right next to the beach. I guess I would be a professional bum if I lived there. :lol:
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

arcee, having lived through the (lately, short lived) vicous houghton winters, i have some advice.

TT's Winter survival guide

1. a leather trenchcoat. impervious to wind, collar keeps your neck warm, and it keeps your legs warm down to your boots. stylish as well, not to mention you can hide a whole photon rifle.... nevermind.

2. a huge friggin scarf. like one you can wrap your whole head in. infinitely useful!

3. snow trenches. if the snow on either side of the sidewalk is higher than you are, in combination with michigan techs' goofy, winding sidewalk layout, winchill is zero.

4. well, i didn't come up with a fourth, my dorm hall is about 300 feet from the physics building, where all my classes and my job are.

emergency #5: light everything on fire. the cars around yours, trees, buildings on the way to your destination, and people passing by. you'll be comfy warm in no time! earplugs are recommended unless you are partial to the sound of roaring, crackling flames, shattering glass, and screaming people. i think soundwave is the only 'bot who could possibly get off on that stuff....
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

:lol: @ TT

Check on the coat (though it's not leather, it's wool). Check on the scarf, and I've got gloves to boot. Windchill is really the killer in Boston, because it blows pretty much in every single direction all at the same time, so good luck hiding behind any buildings.

bagales: professional bum would be a dream come true!