Is this a little strange?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Should Transformers be inducted to the Toy Hall of Fame?

Yes.
95%
No.
No votes
No, and heres why....
5%

Total votes: 20

Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

cool then i will be bumblemus prime with the cutting torch moahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I would have to call something like CYBERTRON PARK.
Transformerland would be the perfect name for a theme park though.
But it's also the perfect name for this website. And the website is here first.

Bumblebee, your job is already written down in my blueprints for the theme park. You are going to be in the bumper cars section.

Dirge, for you, I had plan on you giving customers a "real life" thrill riding acrobatic flying and crashing. But then again, I would like the customers to come back without you killing them. (We all know what that's like)
So I would have to strap you down to an indoor 3-d ride in front of a giant movie screen. People can sit in your cockpit while you bounce around and pretend to be flying. This way our customers are safe. But you gotta clean out that cockpit first.

D-A- I would have you in charge of the Japanese section of my theme park. I don't know much about the stories from there. It's confusing to me. Can you translate Japanese? And I could probably use your knowledge on the GI Joe crossover section also.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

That would sound like fun..
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

bumper cars blah i give you a bumper car lmao

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

Galvatron wrote:D-A- I would have you in charge of the Japanese section of my theme park. I don't know much about the stories from there. It's confusing to me. Can you translate Japanese? And I could probably use your knowledge on the GI Joe crossover section also.
WoooHooo! I love the Japanese G1 continuity! As for translation...I can't but my brother in law can speak it fluently so got ya covered there (His mom is Japanese). As for the Joe stuff myself and Skywarp can definitely hook ya up there:D
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Dai Atlas wrote: (His mom is Japanese).
Asian women are HOT!!!
sorry, i just had to get that off of my chest plate. I know it's off topic.

We can make plans for our Cybertron Theme Park in another thread sometime. This has derailed like most threads end up doing whenever I post in them LOL!!

Let's get this back on track
I voted yes.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I'll be security...warping scared children off the top of broken machines, warping sick kids to the front of the line, getting rid of people that start fights in a flash as well as people that cause a scene...pushing people down stairs.. :lol: ...and it's a shame a brand like Transformers isn't in the "Toy Hall of Fame" considering G.I. Joe didn't really take off until '82 around the same time Transformers did even though that brand has been around longer.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Galvatron wrote:after i win the lottery, i'm going to create a TF theme park.
Dirge wrote:amd what you going to call it oh mighty one ?

transformerland ?

do-h wait ... :lol:
Time Traveller wrote:Trademarked, buddy.
"Disneyland" is also trademarked, but they still have one.

By which i mean, dude! think of the cross-promotional possibilities of having a THEME PARK named after your website! and/or your toyline.

And speaking of "derailed", i have an idea for a peacetime Autobot who had himself reformatted after the war so he could transform into a roller coaster. With train tracks that assemble and disassemble, sort of like a G1 Omega Supreme toy, he can reconfigure the roller coaster route while the ride is going on, so even if the riders think they know where the roller coaster is going, he can transform into a different course to keep the riders guessing, and you never have to experience the same ride twice if you don't want to. Plus, with superior Cybertronian mathematical capablities, he can calculate the vectors, velocities, inertia, and other pertinent physics to incorporate times during the ride when the roller coaster cars are actually not on any tracks at all, but soaring through the air jumping from one set of rails to another. (Honestly, i'm a little surprised nobody is making nonfiction roller coasters designed to jump off one set of rails and onto another yet. Safety concerns, sure, but there are plenty of unsafe things that people try to do in real life, and some of them succeed, at least some of the time, and plenty of people are not dissuaded by others' failures.)

...But, yeah, Hall of Fame, for toys or anything else--it's not always about being first, it's about being famous, the one people think of and remember when the subject comes up. [/feeble pretense of an attempt to get the thread back on topic]
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

STARS Commando 539 wrote:
Galvatron wrote: there are plenty of unsafe things that people try to do in real life, and some of them succeed, at least some of the time,
and those that don't succeed usually don't get the chance to try again.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

am i the case in point big purple pump ? :lol:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

not yet. I'm talking about the unfortunate ones that have lost their spark from trying dangerous things.
You, Dirge, have remained lucky enough to somehow keep your spark.
It's hard to keep a seeker down.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

There is a toy museum in Rochester N.Y. It is a really fun place for the kids. It's very interactive. There are two or three transformers there. I think it is Silverbolt and kup both G1. If there is a third I can't remember who it is, Wheelie maybe?

Then there is the Walt Disney Pop Century resort in Orlando. They have a G1 Sunstreaker in one of the lobby display cases.

www.museumofplay.org/ -----> Rochester museum link.