A TFL meet up in an awesome vintage toy store

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

A TFL meet up in an awesome vintage toy store

Post by Dinobot »

Well, my local toy store has moved, and in its new location, they have a room specifically for transformers and zoids. The whole store is awesome, with each room having its own theme, star trek, star wars, gaming etc. Im gonna be there sunday and our fellow member Jazz is gonna meet me over there. It should be fun. I think his shop is gonna blow jazz away. Its nearly 2000 sq feet. I was there 2 hours, and everywhere I looked, new stuff kept popping up. It was crazy. I have several things there im getting. Here are just some iphone pics of the tf room:

The place even has bins of parts for nearly every toy line even tfs:

He doesn't do online sales though, so if you have an itch to dig through this awesome place sometime, and you're near oklahoma, hit me up. Once jazz runs through this place, im sure he'll echo the same.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Looks like a TF equivalent of Moe's tavern!

I would like to learn more about the white car with blue windows of the first picture. Looks Popy, but don't know what it is.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

What town in Oklahoma is this, exactly? it might be one of the ones I pass through every September...
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

The Last Autobot wrote:What town in Oklahoma is this, exactly? it might be one of the ones I pass through every September...
On the way to Kansas? I believe Dinobot mentioned it was Edmund.

Also, Jazze, when you get there, call meh.
The Dark is Coming
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Im not exactly sure what the white car is jose, but when I go back ill get a closer look for you. There is so much more than what is in the pictures, I just didnt feel like documenting the entire store:) As far as where its located, the store when in edmond flooded and had 8 inches of water in it. The rains this year have been awful. The owner of the property said he would have to move all of his inventory to change the carpet, so he figured heck, i'll just move. Now he is in Oklahoma City, and alot closer to me than edmond. If you do pass through here TLA, let me know.
R.I.P. Menasor
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow, looks like an awesome store!
I hope you'll find some goodies there!
Swindle
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Swindle »

You guys are lucky there's no vintage toy stores (at least none that sell Transformers) in Minnesota. :( Well I guess its back to the thrift stores.
"Make deals, not war!"

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

PrimeDirective wrote:
The Last Autobot wrote:What town in Oklahoma is this, exactly? it might be one of the ones I pass through every September...
On the way to Kansas?

Depending on where in Texas you're from, you can cut through okc to get to kansas. Where the store is now is pretty much where most of our highways are linked or accessible. Its really easy to navigate too cause our city streets are nearly all numbered.
R.I.P. Menasor
The Last Autobot
City Commander

I asked my dad and he said we do cut through OKC. :)
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Sweet, hit me up anytime. Im always happy to go there.
R.I.P. Menasor
threshold
Powermaster

Post by threshold »

Nice store! Nothing like that in Michigan. Keep your eyes peeled for a Shockwave with an intact laser tip :wink:
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Yeah, I don't know of any stores in MI that deal in vintage transformers. Certainly not near me. THe closest thing I've found was a guy with a booth at gibraltar trade center last time I was there. BUt I haven't been back in like 2 years.
mrstrance
Minispy

Post by mrstrance »

I think Matt's probably currently plotting to route of our next vacation...
store looks awesome...
does their selection update a lot?
The Last Autobot
City Commander

mrstrance wrote:I think Matt's probably currently plotting to route of our next vacation...
store looks awesome...
does their selection update a lot?
Haha.

And Dinobot, I asked my dad if we could go the Sunday we come back from Kansas, and he wanted me to ask if they're open on Sundays, so are they? If they aren't, it's no biggie. We'll pass it on the way up on a Wednesday.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

The last post was deleted due to site issues. He is open on sundays, but normally you call first just to double check. As far as him rotating stock, in six weeks he managed to put so much stuff out it looked as if he had been at the new location for years. His name is Steve by the way, just like me. There is a back room filled to the gills with new stuff, he just hasnt had time to move it to the floor. The thing is, everytime I go, I see stuff that I never have. Its mind boggling when you walk in there. Steve is a great guy. He doesnt label toys with prices, ( I wouldnt either on boxes) but he's pretty flexible and loves to barter.

He has a good heart and a love for vintage toys. He gives me a hard time just cause i've known him for years. In all seriousness, he likes to see people buy toys he knows will enjoy them and not just hawk them on ebay later on. By the way threshold, he DOES have a shocky arm with an intact tip, so i'll grab it for you. If anyone ever wants to swing by, shoot me a pm sometime. Now that he's closer, im gonna be there more.
R.I.P. Menasor
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I just left the store after meeting Jazz up there. Jazz is a very cool guy. As usual when I go there I bought a few things and posted them in the toy talk section. Steve says all are welcome to come and just ask Jazz how he helps out new customers.
Last edited by Dinobot on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Menasor
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Dinobot wrote:Jazz is a very cool guy.
Most of the time. :P

We're actually trying to plan a good time to go up there. ALL three of us, Jazz, The Last Autobot, and myself. There might just be a(nother) tornado coming to OKC.

:lol:
The Dark is Coming
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

It would be great to have all of you up here.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

I was in that room! Aheheheh, and yes, it IS a very cool store. My jaw is sore from dropping to the ground in everyroom I walked in. Good prices, great stuff to look through. I can't wait 'till spring to go up there again. Dinobot- again, Thank you very, very much for all your help. You rock man. Yes, Steve Siemens helps a lot, swell guy to deal with. TLA- You'll love it.

PS- As soon as I go back up there I'm getting that Jazz bust. :lol:
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.