Do any of you have kids?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

mrstrance
Minispy

Do any of you have kids?

Post by mrstrance »

so, as most of you know, we just had our first baby in march of this year...i know that you arent on here talking babies often...but, i noticed at botcon that there were a ton of kids running around...

so:
Do any of you have kids? how many?
do you have a pic of them?
do they like transformers (yet:))?

i'll start, we have Kaiden...he is almost 5 months old and the cutest thing ever...he doesnt like transformers yet, but i think he will soon 0 will have to keep you updated on that :)

Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Well I have a little girl named Rebekah Hope. She turns 2 on Friday. She doesnt like TFs yet. BTW your little guy is adorable..

Here she is on her 1st birthday.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

between me and my misses we have 7. almost all of them like transformers a few like joes :x i will have

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

here's a story...of a man named bb.... =P
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Aw. :) Great pictures everyone!
IDontThinkSoTim
Targetmaster

Post by IDontThinkSoTim »

I have two boys, 4 and 3. They both love Transformers. They both do a good job of transforming them, even some of the complex ones. They have access to about 65% of my collection (and have broken about 5%) and have a bunch of their own. They get down on their hands and knees making the transform noise to get into their vehicle modes. Just like I did back in '84. That cracks me up.
"I don't think so, Tim."
mrstrance
Minispy

Post by mrstrance »

IDontThinkSoTim wrote:I have two boys, 4 and 3. They both love Transformers. They both do a good job of transforming them, even some of the complex ones. They have access to about 65% of my collection (and have broken about 5%) and have a bunch of their own. They get down on their hands and knees making the transform noise to get into their vehicle modes. Just like I did back in '84. That cracks me up.
thats cool. 5% breakage isnt bad for 2 boys!...do they like the old school ones better than the newer ones?? or both the same? or the newer ones more?

hey BB, thats a lot of kiddies...and only one girl (it looks like) in the mix, she must be tough :D

optimus, she's cute!! but you need to update your pics if she is 2 now:)
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

nah she is our princess and she beginning to get tough im teaching her to fight lol last night she was going around attacking the boys lol. as far as the kids the 5 year old is the one with his own transformers. (the ones i get better of or some of my broken ones lol) the rest just like looking at mine lol our 7 year old likes gi joes more and he is my energon darn him lol. lol right now me and the misses have hers (5), mine (1), and an ex of hers (1). not sure if we are going to have any ours lol the kids want us too but we havent decided lol.

IDontThinkSoTim
Targetmaster

Post by IDontThinkSoTim »

mrstrance wrote: thats cool. 5% breakage isnt bad for 2 boys!...do they like the old school ones better than the newer ones?? or both the same? or the newer ones more?
They don't really differentiate between old and new. For them it's about who the toy is. I have all the G1 DVDs for them to watch, so they are more partial to those characters, but any incarnation as long as they resemble the cartoon. So G1 Prime is a huge hit (they've actually worn down the upper leg joint on two of them), but so is Masterpiece Prime since it's even more accurate. The Classics line is a huge hit but most of those are off-limits. Any version of Grimlock is a hit. They're gonna flip when I get the Masterpiece version.

They have also seen the two "big boy" movies and love the toy versions of those.

The G1 toys are usually easier for them to transform but they can do the newer stuff, too.
"I don't think so, Tim."
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

You're right. Here she is as of 2 days ago. Behind the wheel already. LOOK OUT!!! LOL

172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
mrstrance
Minispy

Post by mrstrance »

Optimus Maximus wrote:You're right. Here she is as of 2 days ago. Behind the wheel already. LOOK OUT!!! LOL

lol, she looks like shes very comfortable behind the wheel :)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Optimus Maximus... honestly... looks like she is trying to reach under to hotwire it. :lol:

___

Back to the original question about having kids...

I have 3 cats does that count? The youngest one named Percy loves my collection. He always leaves his nose print on the glass of my cabinet and paws at the glass constantly to get at them. When I leave the door open for him (I know, it's horrible to let my cat at 'em) he approaches the case paws around at them for a while and then lays down in front of the cabinet as if to guard them.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Countdown wrote:Optimus Maximus... honestly... looks like she is trying to reach under to hotwire it. :lol:
Haha yeah it does :)
Of course cats count, right Mrs. Trance? Our boy like to wake his mommy up by crying every 2 hours at night, our cat like to wake me up by pawing me in the face, lol!
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Case in point, the cat is sitting in front of the case right now. Standing watch. Also, there are so many nose prints in that window, it'll take me forever to clean them.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

lol got to love that i have kid's fingerprints on my g1 case lol there the only ones that are behind the glass lol

mrstrance
Minispy

Post by mrstrance »

Yes, the cat has you wrapped around his little claw :D

You guy and your fingerprint/noseprint talk are making me nervous, LOL!!

In honor of Kaiden, I just got this "baby jail" tonight...
he just started rolling last week, and I cant see it being much longer till he is crawling...since we have transformers all over the place, I think this might be a good investment:)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CC0Q8gIwAA#