Now, I'm'a let ya finish...

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Update announcement time!

So as I reach the end of the roleplay history (up to the current point) I was trying to think of what else to do. I was originally thinking of going through and notating all the times when a particular character appeared (Name, Topic, Page Number). So that is someone just wanted to review what a particular character had been done they could look that up easily. I may still do that, but I have had another idea.

I am going to write a series of vignettes (sp?) focusing on a specific character's background story based on the roleplay.

At the moment I have in mind to do ones for Megatron, Galvatron, Cambreaker, Minerva, Blackjack, Dinobot, and Rattrap. If anyone would like to request one as I go they would be welcome to. I will most likely post these in the 'Products of the Fandom' area and I will be giving that area more attention. If you're not sure what I mean or if I incorrectly used the word vignette (which I may have), I'm going to write a short piece from a certain character's perspective about their background. For example the Megatron story will be about his days as a miner and gladiator in the Cybertron arenas and then a cut away to his time as leader of the Decepticons. I'm going to try to be as original as possible and not step on the toes of any cannon material since this roleplay is hardly cannon.

Opinions, ideas, comments, and requests are welcome as I start to write these. Be on the lookout in the next couple of weeks.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

That sounds awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to reading these vignettes! :wink:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

the vignettes sound interesting. As for searching for a certain characters name in the history thread, all a person needs to do is hit "control F" to find the name, then type in the name in the box that appears at the top of the screen. This will highlight the name wherever it appears on a page.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Great idea, I'm looking forward to see those vignettes!

Also, you've done an amazing job with the roleplay history. It's been a pleasure reading it!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I just wanted you to know that I read ten or so chapters one night as a bedtime story for Minerva :lol:
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Once upon a time there was a robot named Cambreaker. He was big and strong and good and he led the Autobots. But there was another robot named Galvatron who was not so good. He hated Cambreaker and always tried to trap him with his clever traps called Preparations. Cambreaker had a special friend named Minerva. One day Minerva baked Cambreaker a cake for his birthday. But the wicked Galvatron learned about this and tried to steal the cake. He sent his evil minions Rumble and Dirge to get the cake and bring it back. But Minerva was such a nice bot that she had baked two cakes. She gave one to Rumble and Dirge to bring back to Galvatron. Galvatron was so moved by Minerva's kind actions in remembering that his birthday was on the same day as Cambreaker's that he decided to quit being evil just for that one day and go over to Cambreaker's house and have a party with him. And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Although I'm sure your bedtime stories may have been different than that.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

LOL
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Although I expected a bomb to be in the cake. So I let Dirge take the first piece.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Galvatron wrote:Although I expected a bomb to be in the cake. So I let Dirge take the first piece.
Either that or recycled castor oil. The bombs were actually the candles sent with the cake. :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You, my friend, are amazing. :lol: I am proud to have lived with you for four stellar cycles.

Actually, that did happen. Hell of a party, wasn't it, Galvy? And you'll never guess what we got each other for birthday presents. These little toy robots that turn into trucks and planes! So cool!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Hahaha! Nice one, Blackjack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

the toy you gave me was a level 5.
I need adult supervision. And the batteries were not included.

That's ok, though. I gave you a KO from Big Lots
BWAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA :wink:
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

After many months and long hours that I probably should have spent working I present to you all a fully updated Brief History of the Transformerland Roleplay. Everything is up to date with current events.

So invite your friends who have too much time on their hands to read it. Maybe they'll think it's awesome and want to join us.

Next I will be collaborating with our own TT to write a series of vignettes on the various important players in the roleplay, mostly pre-war. It's going to be our take on pre-war Cybertron as opposed to the canon version. So be on the lookout for that. These will probably get posted in Product of the Fandom.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Indeed. I look forward to our collaboration. I hope our target audience will be pleased by what we write!
Redline
Alternator

Post by Redline »

I'm very excited to see this!