Tornadoes suck.

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Tornadoes suck.

Post by Dinobot »

Unfortunately the month of may has lived up to its reputation here by dropping some whopping tornadoes on oklahoma, kansas, alabama. They have claimed alot of lives and homes. My house was in the zone, but luckily it turned away. My cousin was not as fortunate. He is safe with his family, but the home is gone. Im hoping there done. I had to vent, its been a scary day.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I don't know tornadoes, but I know earthquakes instead... After these natural disasters, you have to realize life and health are the only things that matter. All the rest, can be fixed. My best thoughts to your family and relatives. They will get up.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I can only imagine how scary it has been for both you and your family. I'm glad you're all safe though. Like Jose said: life and health are the only things that matter.
Take good care of yourselves and each other.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Glad to hear that you and your loved ones are ok. Houses can be rebuilt. Its the love inside that wind cant take away.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Very well put BB.
I'm glad your family is Ok Dinobot
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

Good to hear you're safe.
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

My prayers and thoughts are with your cousin, Dinobot. As your neighbor to the East...my state is right down tornado alley as well. Luckily everything (major) has hit upstate though as I'm down on the Louisiana border. I dread this time of year and it seems as if it's getting worse every year. Hopefully things have wound down and everyone can have some peace of mind....or at least until this years upcoming Hurricane season passes us by.
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

The title of this thread made me chuckle.

The content, however, did no such thing.

I really hope tornado season is, for the most part, over for everyone. Been a heck of a year already.

Now, rain, on the other hand, would be awesome in Texas. But, of course, the Mississippi River is flooding like crazy right now.

Glad to hear you're all right.
The Dark is Coming
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

glas to hear U are ok, sorry to hear about your cousins house :( we have had a lot of bad flooding over in Australia not near me luckily but still not good :(

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

So I had my first tornado scare last night after moving out west to tornado country. Sure it's not Oklahoma, Kansas, etc. but western Minnesota definitely gets tornados. I know that Fargo, ND which is about an hour away got hit last night by one and this area had high winds. Everyone here jokes about it being nothing, but when the sky is black and green with driving rain and extreme winds going on not to mention deafening thunder, you tell me you wouldn't be afraid for your life. We grabbed our bunnies and rats and huddled in the bathroom for about an hour with the radio on listening to latests warnings. Not a good time.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

WTH is going on with the weather system? Where I live I think we have had about 5 days of sunshine... The rest rain. Even more harsh rain recently. Winds, thunder, lightning. And very dark clouds. We had a Tornado touch down in the town next to me back in December.

Where is that Combaticon Vortex? I think he is the cause of all of this!!!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Sadly, PD, June is the ACTUAL tornado month for the twister belt. During a recent storm system, WI had nine tornadoes one night, five of which were in Price county (which I live in). The straightline winds are howling outside right now, and every day at the mill we wait for the power kickouts. They can happen from any storm, the grid seems particularly sensitive. It's a bitch to clean up when everything stops cold!
PrimeDirective
Gestalt Warrior

Post by PrimeDirective »

Time Traveller wrote:Sadly, PD, June is the ACTUAL tornado month for the twister belt. During a recent storm system, WI had nine tornadoes one night, five of which were in Price county (which I live in). The straightline winds are howling outside right now, and every day at the mill we wait for the power kickouts. They can happen from any storm, the grid seems particularly sensitive. It's a ----- to clean up when everything stops cold!
Really? May tends to be the worst month in Texas.
The Dark is Coming
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You must get them out of the way early. We have never had so many tornadoes in May. We've been having extreme temperature swings, frost one night, and 80° 24 hours later. I can only guess this will generate more storms and more twisters... I'm not looking forward to it, despite that we are on the northern edge of tornado alley.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

There is definitely something wrong with the weather system, and other things as well. There have been storms, tornadoes, volcano eruptions, earthquakes ...you name it. I'm seriously beginning to wonder what's going on and where this will end.
Very disturbing. :?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

We've went from wild weather to steady 100* degree temperatures. I like sunshine over rain but didn't expect a heatwave like this until July.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Glad to hear everybody's doin OK.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Minerva wrote:There is definitely something wrong with the weather system, and other things as well. There have been storms, tornadoes, volcano eruptions, earthquakes ...you name it. I'm seriously beginning to wonder what's going on and where this will end.
Very disturbing. :?
Don't you know. These are the end times. The world is going to end on October 21st. :roll:
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I thought that was December 21st 2012.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

it was supposed to be a couple weeks ago. :?

I wish it would hurry up!!